Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Questions for Jets "fans" here...

Questions for Jets "fans" here...

Did we win the game last week?

Are we 2-1 and 2-0 in the AFC East?

If I didn't know any better and I started reading threads on this site I'd probably guess that we were 0-3.

Why can't you guys ever enjoy a win?

Yeah it was an ugly win, but our team and especially Sanchez and the offense showed it had resiliency and was capable of coming through in the end, twice!

Why is it such a ***** and moan fest here?

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Manchez View Post

Because we're not two-bit wing eating Football fans who only buy a Jersey when our team gets to the playoffs.

There's a reason why Jets fans are up in arms. If watch football and possess any insight into the game - then you know we're in trouble.

If I didn't know any better and I started reading threads on this site I'd probably guess that we were 0-3.

Yeah it was an ugly win, but our team and especially Sanchez and the offense showed it had resiliency and was capable of coming through in the end, twice!

Cuz wine tasting was the highlight of my Sunday, not the Jets game.

Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    Because we're not two-bit wing eating Football fans who only buy a Jersey when our team gets to the playoffs.

There's a reason why Jets fans are up in arms. If watch football and possess any insight into the game - then you know we're in trouble.

Are the Pats, Steelers, Broncos, Packers, Saints, and Lions in trouble?

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post

Nope. And that's exactly my point. Your blindness actually worked against you on that one. I guarantee you that NFL nation feels more confident about GB's 1-2 than our 2-1*

no, I honestly would trade entire rosters with all of those teams.

Speaking for myself, I did enjoy the win. I do recognize that wins are what matters, and that if this team puts it together by the second half I'd much rather them have the MIA game in their pocket than to have to make up for it.

That said, this is a discussion board about the Jets. And unless you only look at the W/L column, it is literally impossible to talk about the Jets without discussing the ugly play on both sides of the ball over the past two weeks.

Are we just supposed to talk about the one throw Sanchez made to Holmes to set up the winning field goal all week? Talk about the one time Kyle Wilson actually turned and looked for the ball? What do you propose we discuss?

Because people who have been Jets fans for years care more about the long term (winning a SB for a change) than random regular season wins from a team that is clearly flawed in almost every part of the roster and has no realistic shot of doing anything this year. The best thing that can happen to the Jets this year is a Kotite-esque 3-13 and enough fan pressure on Woody that he finally cleans out that amateur front office and brings in someone like Cowher to run the show (a la Hess bringing in Parcells in '97).

An 8-8 season and missing the playoffs by 1 game might be more exciting for some, but it gets us nothing except another year of the Tanny/Bradway regime. The sooner we can get them out of here, the better off the Jets will be.

Jets Insider VIP
    You'll learn Manchez as you post here more

This is probably the LAST place on the interwebz if you are trying to find Jet fans

plenty of SOJFs though

Quote Originally Posted by barkus View Post
    no, I honestly would trade entire rosters with all of those teams.
    HA HA HA HA HA HA HA.......(BREATH)...HA HA HA HA HA

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    You'll learn Manchez as you post here more

This is probably the LAST place on the interwebz if you are trying to find Jet fans

plenty of SOJFs though
    Wrong again. However may be not. Some peoples definition of being a fan is to boot lick every move the team makes, make outlandish comments about how good the team is in every way, TOTALLY ignore all deficiencies on the team and feel that the team is going to crush all opponents each weak.

They get proven wrong year after year and move after move but that doesn't stop them. They just reboot the next year and fall all over the team anew.

I would go as far as to say that the more critical fans are bigger fans of the team as they have the brains to state things that need to be improved to go along with the praise. The happy happy joy joy fans would still have Eric Smith starting at S and still have Wayne Hunter at RT

Jets Insider VIP
    of course

the only Jet fans are the gloomy sky is falling misery loving crowd

I agree

Jets Insider VIP
    the Jets are 2-1 and in first place after winning on the road last week

yet, anyone arriving from Mars and clicking on JI for the first time would think that they were 0-3, had lost all three games by 40 points each and were, by far, the worst team in the history of the NFL

an unreadable assault on reality by the so called "realists"

All Pro
    the Jets are 2-1 and in first place after winning on the road last week
    "
    Thank god you're no where near a GM chair or a headset.

Team - "So uh, SG3 - should we work on some stuff?

"Pff, what are you kidding? Did you see our record?? Did you see those missed field goals?? NO WAY. We're good. Just shut up and stop trying to be better"

yet, anyone arriving from Mars and clicking on JI for the first time would think that they were 0-3,
    Maybe that's cause we've been playing like sh*t the last 2 weeks. Like the last 4 years offensively sh*t. Remember when we didn't score for 8 thousand first quarters?

Jets Insider VIP
    gloom doom sky falling

no worse fan base in the entire NFL

The Lions and Saints are very much in trouble. The Broncos could be because of their brutal schedule. I don't think the Pats and Packers are concerned at all right now, good teams that should at the very least be 2-1.

Steelers D has been dreadful except when they played us. I assume like anything else the Jets have done poorly Ray, you're not reading anything into us struggling against the Steelers D while Broncos and Raiders lit them up. An aberration, a few fluke plays, give us the standard excuses....

The Lions and Saints are very much in trouble. The Broncos could be because of their brutal schedule. I don't think the Pats and Packers are concerned at all right now, good teams that should at the very least be 2-1.

Steelers D has been dreadful except when they played us. I assume like anything else the Jets have done poorly Ray, you're not reading anything into us struggling against the Steelers D while Broncos and Raiders lit them up. An aberration, a few fluke plays, give us the standard excuses....

Jets Insider VIP
    you can say that again

All Pro
    gloom doom sky falling

no worse fan base in the entire NFL

I think history is such a huge part of being a fan for a NFL team. Except for the Lions, all of those teams you mentioned have won a Super Bowl within the past 15 years. I started rooting for the Jets in the Joe Walton days and I know there's people here who are older and have rooted for this team long before that. If so, then the mentality is always glass half empty, waiting for the shoe to drop with this team...no matter the record.