Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Will our Wildcat come out in 3 weeks in New England?

Will our Wildcat come out in 3 weeks in New England?

Remember before the season started we were all speculating on which kind of ways we will use Tim Tebow. The fact is though, our wildcat has been a lackluster, momentum killing package.

But is that REALLY our Wildcat?

Remember in '08 when Miami debuted it, they did not use that package in their 1st two games. They unveiled it in week 3 against the Patriots.

But why wait till week 3?

Its easy really. With in division games, opponents know each other like the back of their hands. In '08 New England was preparing for Miami's Noodle Arm Offense with Pennington, and they had no idea that the Dolphins were going to unleash Ronnie Brown and Ricky Williams at the same time. It gave Miami that competitive advantage that the Patriots were not prepared for.

But where do this leave us and the Jets?

The reason why I made this thread is because I firmly believe Rex and Sparano are purposefully running a cookie cutter Wildcat, so that in Week 7, we will give New England a nice Tebow surprise a la 2008

I was hoping that we were "saving" the wildcat for later in the season or something. I hope we didn't give up a 4th round pick for a punt protector.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

The Tim Tebow experiment is a total waste. You don't trade a 4th round pick for Tebow and use him the way we are using him. The way we use him is retarted. Having him on the field as a split end or wideout is the dumbest thing I've ever seen. Why have someone who can't catch the ball take up a spot at wideout, it's useless and doesn't scare or fool anyone.

I hope we're not saving the wildcat for NE because the Pats have total owned Tewbow thus far in his career.

The distraction that Tebow brings is just not worth the production he gives to a team.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by LockeJET View Post
    The Tim Tebow experiment is a total waste. You don't trade a 4th round pick for Tebow and use him the way we are using him. The way we use him is retarted. Having him on the field as a split end or wideout is the dumbest thing I've ever seen. Why have someone who can't catch the ball take up a spot at wideout, it's useless and doesn't scare or fool anyone.

I hope we're not saving the wildcat for NE because the Pats have total owned Tewbow thus far in his career.

The distraction that Tebow brings is just not worth the production he gives to a team.
    +1

I hated bringing Tebow in, but if the Jets are going to use him, at least put him behind center and give him the opportunity to make a play.

Jets Insider VIP
    He needs to lose 20lbs and get his speed back. Until then, his slug like running is not going to be effective.

Jets Insider VIP
    Is he even a distraction anymore? Hes pretty much become irrelevant.

Wrong.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

I love how we are so desperate about the Jets performance thus far, that we keep hoping they are hiding something...and disguising things as vanilla.

-

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    I love how we are so desperate about the Jets performance thus far, that we keep hoping they are hiding something...and disguising things as vanilla.

-
    Exactly! The Jets aren't even dumb enough to think something will be successfull only to hide it until week 7.

Maybe we should bring the wildcat out in the Super Bowl? The NFC won't know what hit em.

Actually, it makes some sense. Look at the Giants last year. 9-7 in the regular season, but they won their division which got them into the playoffs. Right now, we are 2-0 in the division. If we could sweep the Pats ? That puts us at 4 division wins minimum. Say we drop the second games against Miami and Buff, and the Pats win their 4. That puts us both at 4-2 and we would take the division based on head to head record, wouldn't we ?

I think you're seeing about all you're going to see out of the Timmy package. Rex has an aversion to taking any significant risks on offense and letting Timmy throw the ball is a huge risk. As we saw in the preseason, he's just as likely to throw it to the other team as he is to complete a pass to one of our guys.

I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't throw the ball all year unless Sanchez gets hurt again...

The Jets lose in Miami if Tebow(punt protector) doesn't pick up that first down deep in their own territory.

Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
    The Jets lose in Miami if Tebow(punt protector) doesn't pick up that first down deep in their own territory.
    Totally agree, I've said this before that Timmy the football player will help us win a couple games. That play was huge.

Jets Insider VIP
    Is there a wildcat 'package'? Maybe that's what they want you to think.

Jets Insider VIP
    I'm taking out my wildcat package tonight with the wife.

Hall Of Fame
    If by "wildcat" you mean the Tebow offense then I would say that there is no point in waiting until then. NE destroyed the Tebow offense in the playoffs last year. There will be no surprise to benefit from.

BTW, the "Tebow offense" is the read option, it is not the same "wildcat" offense Miami used against NE in 2008. Somehow the two have gotten commingled by the Jets, the media and the fans.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post

-

Copyright JS23

Jets Insider VIP
    ^ ROFL!

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    If by "wildcat" you mean the Tebow offense then I would say that there is no point in waiting until then. NE destroyed the Tebow offense in the playoffs last year. There will be no surprise to benefit from.

BTW, the "Tebow offense" is the read option, it is not the same "wildcat" offense Miami used against NE in 2008. Somehow the two have gotten commingled by the Jets, the media and the fans.
    No one knows what the Jets plan to run with Tebow. It's not necessarily going to be what he ran in Denver, and it might not be the Wildcat Sporano ran in Miami. Maybe it's something new, maybe a combination of both, maybe they won't use him at all, and it was all about "selling jerseys"... Who knows?

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    Actually, it makes some sense. Look at the Giants last year. 9-7 in the regular season, but they won their division which got them into the playoffs. Right now, we are 2-0 in the division. If we could sweep the Pats ? That puts us at 4 division wins minimum. Say we drop the second games against Miami and Buff, and the Pats win their 4. That puts us both at 4-2 and we would take the division based on head to head record, wouldn't we ?
    That's great, except the Pats would be 12-4 and the Jets 9-7. Pats still win the division.