Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Will our Wildcat come out in 3 weeks in New England?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post
    That's great, except the Pats would be 12-4 and the Jets 9-7. Pats still win the division.
    Yeah, I botched that one all up in a massive brain fart. Had it backwards and was thinking that division winner was determined solely on division record, with overall record being a tie breaker.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    If by "wildcat" you mean the Tebow offense then I would say that there is no point in waiting until then. NE destroyed the Tebow offense in the playoffs last year. There will be no surprise to benefit from.

BTW, the "Tebow offense" is the read option, it is not the same "wildcat" offense Miami used against NE in 2008. Somehow the two have gotten commingled by the Jets, the media and the fans.
    What got destroyed last year was Mike McCoy with his inability to adapt to the Pat's 50/52 defense (or 4-3 under). He quite simply had no idea how to attack it. Could have used Speed Option, passes to the flats, bubble screens, strong side Counter veer to the B gap, lots of different possibilities.

BTW, I'm hoping that the WC will be Spread Option as opposed to Read Option.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    If by "wildcat" you mean the Tebow offense then I would say that there is no point in waiting until then. NE destroyed the Tebow offense in the playoffs last year. There will be no surprise to benefit from.

BTW, the "Tebow offense" is the read option, it is not the same "wildcat" offense Miami used against NE in 2008. Somehow the two have gotten commingled by the Jets, the media and the fans.
    I mean wildcat as in change of pace formation, instead of wishbone offense. Calling it Wildcat, people can just identify with the name more, which is just formations which Tebow is under.

It's like saying a general shotgun formation, instead of being more specific like "3 wide flex".

And even though NE has Tebows number, you have to remember the Broncos had a somewhat competitive game during the regular season last year. Besides, would NE really be prepared for a formation with both Sanchez and Tebow in the same backfield?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post

BTW, I'm hoping that the WC will be Spread Option as opposed to Read Option.

I agree, I like Tebow in a 5 wide set rather than a read option with McKnight

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hopefully the Tebow "offense" will be a big thing in Jacksonville in 2013 and Mr Singh sends us a second round pick to make it happen.

I will sincerely miss Demo..daballhawk..ucrenegade..joe w namath and the rest of the cult as they scurry off en masse to Jagwires.com

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2