Yep.

@KMart_LI
    #jets signed CB Darrin Walls to practice squad; released WR Jordan White

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by ozu View Post
    Yep.

@KMart_LI
    I hope we are not going to be playing revolving door with our young players all year! Its got to hurt their learning curve.

I hope the CB is a good one but I thought White had a future with us too.

Jets Insider VIP
    Chris Owens Versus Darrin Walls In A Battle To The Roster Spot34 By Dave Choate on May 20, 1:00p

I'm blatantly piggybacking off of my earlier post. In the business world, they call that synergy.
    The Atlanta Falcons have roster spots for five cornerbacks, and have at least six quality corners competing for those roster slots. Dunta Robinson, Brent Grimes and Asante Samuel are the easy picks for one through three, and as I mentioned earlier, I think Dominique Franks' combination of decent size, ability and special teams value will more or less lock him in as the fourth guy.
    Barring a surprising UDFA type, that leaves Chris Owens versus Darrin Walls. Owens would appear to have the advantage here, given that he's been with the Falcons for years now, has contributed before and can do a little bit of everything. He'd be nice veteran insurance for a Falcons team that will roll out a lot of defensive packages featuring extra defensive backs.
    Then there's Walls. The 6 foot corner has an intriguing mix of athleticism and ballhawking skills, which he got to flash in limited snaps in 2011. He's got enough potential to make him a candidate to climb the depth chart down the line, but he's probably not as adept a corner as Owens in the here and now. Given his size, he could also potentially get a little time as a fifth safety, so that versatility could help him out.
    Who do you think wins this particular battle, Owens or Walls?

Look, they are reviewing our status and making moves to shore up the holes we obviously have. That is a good thing. I don't want to blindly stick with guys who aren't cutting it when someone else better is available. Good for the FO for seeing we have major issues and working to fix them.

Hall Of Fame
    So what is the current tally of 2012 draft picks that remain on the team. 53 + PS.

All League
    @BrianCoz
    Of the Jets 8 draft picks from April, 4 on active roster, 1 on practice squad, 1 on another team, 2 now on street #nyj

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    So what is the current tally of 2012 draft picks that remain on the team. 53 + PS.
    Yes because when the 53rd player on your roster is cut to sign someone at a position of need, setting up your next negative remark is key.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsNeedNewton View Post
    Look, they are reviewing our status and making moves to shore up the holes we obviously have. That is a good thing. I don't want to blindly stick with guys who aren't cutting it when someone else better is available. Good for the FO for seeing we have major issues and working to fix them.
    And you had insider info that Jordan White was not cutting it? Please tell us about the problems he was experiencing on the PS. It seems to me that the Jets have a reputation of being a tough place to be for guys on the PS. We have constantly played revolving doors with the young guys. I hope it all works out for the Jets in the best possible way. I just do not think that White was a bad prospect but I could be wrong. Again, tell us the inside scoop please.

All Pro
    Yep.

@KMart_LI
    Good. We have enough able bodied WRs right now making plays.

Yep.

@KMart_LI
    I guess Walls was released outright because we would have had to sign him to the active roster if he was on the Falcons PS

Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    Is everything the Jets do a mistake to you?

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Yes because when the 53rd player on your roster is cut to sign someone at a position of need, setting up your next negative remark is key.
    No worries man, the depth and talent on this team is so deep that they are going to go with a 52 man roster while the rest league has a 53 man roster

Apparently the front office thinks revis with a torn ACL has more value to the team than a young WR they spent a 7th rd draft pick on

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by barkus View Post
    Apparently the front office thinks revis with a torn ACL has more value to the team than a young WR they spent a 7th rd draft pick on
    Yeah, because all 53 guys are used in EVERY SINGLE GAME.

No matter what this team does, there's always someone around to make a negative remark.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by tfine350z View Post
    Is everything the Jets do a mistake to you?
    Nope. I had a 7 foot erection when we drafted Coples. Did a backflip for Landry. Thought the move up for Hill was great. And I actually think Tebow will win us games in the running department. Recently I smashed a glass over my head in excitement over signing Grimes. I LOVE Grimes.

Would love to see us sign Berry or Carr too.

So no god dammit. It's not all a mistake. But there's been equally as many head scratchers this year.

--Relying on Chaz and a RAW rookie to bolster our WR corps. Ridiculous.
    --Cutting guys like White who we need to develop. Ganaway.
    --Sending out butterbean Greene every week.
    --Never using this illustrious wildcat. Even when Mark's sucking.
    --Where's Maybin, Davis, and other speedsters. We have 3 sacks. Are you kidding me?! Three? SEA had 8 IN ONE HALF

The team just doesn't seem to have competent gameplans, ones to compensate for Mark, and one's to get to the QB.

I'm fed up with us flirting with Mediocrity and not doing anything about it. I see other times make personel adjustments all the time. I don't see us doing it.

INFACT. Where the hell's Chaz?? The ****ing is as breakable as a 4 year old's leg, but for the time being he's healthy. He should be in there for 50+% of the snaps.

another wasted draft pick. unreal

All Pro
    Walls has potential.. Highly recruited coming out college played at Notre dame..

Goid size , Good balls skills, decent speed. He would probably got drafted high had he not sat out a year in college.. He really was coming into his own his sophomore year that time off sat him back ..

Lets see if he catches on..

tanne needs to be fired this team will never win a super bowl with failure draft picks.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    tanne needs to be fired this team will never win a super bowl with failure draft picks.
    Tanny needs to be fired over a failed 7th round draft pick?

I never new Nike was headquartered in Foxborough

Tebow is enough.