Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: WR Jordan White released; CB Darrin Walls signed

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Shut it. Sanchez played most of training camp without these players, now they are healthy, it's not completely shocking his timing is off with some of them, especially Schilens who missed the most time..

As the weeks progress, the offense will improve and so will the timing between Sanchez and all of his WR's.
    Timing was off? Schilens had four steps on the defender. All he had to do was put more air under that ball and it's an easy Td.(that one you can't blame on lack of work together)

Ray-Ray you really don't see a problem that Schilens has only been targeted four times (would have caught every pass if M Sanchez didn't badly over throw him) It not like the Jets have one of the best wr corp in the game and they couldn't find a way to get a healthy Chaz Schilens more reps.

With S Hill down if Mark Sanchez doesn't look Schilens way than he has no one but himself to blame, when Tim Tebow replaces him at some point this season
    Last edited by Raider9175; 09-29-2012 at 08:33 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    try Reading for Dummies 101. You need help!
    Again, which is it? Do the coaches and GMs know more than fans, or do fans know more than coaches and GMs?

This is the basis of many of your arguments around here, and we all want to know what it is. Seems like you pick and choose when to use it and when not to use it.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
    Timing was off? Schilens had four steps on the defender. All he had to do was put more air under that ball and it's an easy Td.(that one you can't blame on lack of work together)

Ray-Ray you really don't see a problem that Schilens has only been targeted four times (would have caught every pass if M Sanchez didn't badly over throw him) It not like the Jets have one of the best wr corp in the game and they couldn't find a way to get a healthy Chaz Schilens more reps.

With S Hill down if Mark Sanchez doesn't look Schilens way than he has no one but himself to blame, when Tim Tebow replaces him at some point this season
    Keller is back. And we are playing very good defenses the next two weeks. Sanchez will be in auto check-down mode. He will throw 5 yard curls to Keller who will either get tackled immediately or drop the ball b.c he hears the LBs. Nothing has changed.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    Yes it is coaching. Fans , at least the adult ones , should be aware that coaching counts! When players are signed to the PS one week and cut the next week and then it repeats itself for the course of a season, players do lose valuable "learning time". I have read that our reputation suffers around the NFL when raw players are deciding which team to go to.

C Mart: look at the Landolt issue. We carried him even though he was injured and cut prospects to do it! Now he is heald and we cut him! What the heck is that all about?
    Landolt is now on the PS...They cut the OT Cornick to sign Landolt to the PS..

I posted in the Draft forum that I've read some teams, at times, will juggle the PS for practicing for the upcoming opponent..

Case in point and this is just my opinion. The week before the Steelers game the Jets cut PS WR WR Pollard and signed WR Stacey Arukwe to take his place. After the Steelers game they cut Arukwe and resigned Pollard..Why? My opinion they wanted Arukwe to simulate Mike Wallace in practice..Both have great straight line speed...

I remember last year before the Pats game the Jets signed WR Dexter Jackson to the PS and cut him after the game. Why did they do it? Jackson and Welker and similar in size so the Jets probably wanted Jackson to simulate Welker in practice.

JMO

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure why you are so focused on Schilens only being a target 4 times.

He was targeted 3 times vs. the Dolphins, and played 30 downs. Not a ton, but certainly not so few.

He only played 6 snaps against the Steelers.

Against the Bills the Jets won going away, so while he was on the field for 31 plays, I'm not sure they needed him.

Sanchez should have hit Schiens on the touchdown, it was, as far as I'm concerned, the worst throw Sanchez made. THere was no excuse for the Jets to not score 6 on that play. But Sanchez hasn't targeted him, because he wasn't on the field.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    again i must ask what are you talking about? please break the code for me? i dont seem to understand what you folks are implying.

back to the subject matter i will say again another draft pick wasted. sorry

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    yes it is. we are worst team in the nfl when it comes to draft day.
    The Worst??
    That is ridiculous.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Batmans A Scientist View Post
    I'm not sure why you are so focused on Schilens only being a target 4 times.

He was targeted 3 times vs. the Dolphins, and played 30 downs. Not a ton, but certainly not so few.

He only played 6 snaps against the Steelers.

Against the Bills the Jets won going away, so while he was on the field for 31 plays, I'm not sure they needed him.

Sanchez should have hit Schiens on the touchdown, it was, as far as I'm concerned, the worst throw Sanchez made. THere was no excuse for the Jets to not score 6 on that play. But Sanchez hasn't targeted him, because he wasn't on the field.

Again were not talking Green bay Packers , NO Saints or the Pittsburgh WR corp with the Jets. M Sanchez didn't have his favorite target in D Keller. JMO There is a seriously problem that he hasn't gotten more chances in the offense.

Jet fans can't kill Schilens because when he been targeted he has caught the ball( not his problem coaching staff has not played him enough) There is no excuse now with Hill down now, not to give him more chances in the offense.

Reason I care is because I always been a big Chaz schilens fan and I'm sick of people taking shots at the big guy. HE a talented Wr that if he given a chance will produce for you.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like

Your delusional. And yes Sanchez needs some practice time with Chaz. He has had zip.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Again were not talking Green bay Packers , NO Saints or the Pittsburgh WR corp with the Jets. M Sanchez didn't have his favorite target in D Keller. JMO There is a seriously problem that he hasn't gotten more chances in the offense.

Jet fans can't kill Schilens because when he been targeted he has caught the ball( not his problem coaching staff has not played him enough) There is no excuse now with Hill down now, not to give him more chances in the offense.

Reason I care is because I always been a big Chaz schilens fan and I'm sick of people taking shots at the big guy. HE a talented Wr that if he given a chance will produce for you.
    My point was that you seemed to be blaming Sanchez for not throwing the ball to Schilens, but the truth is, when you remove the Bills game, he simply hasn't been on the field a whole lot. 36 plays in the last two games, and I don't know the breakdown on pass/rush plays (though I have to assume most were pass plays), but he was targeted 3 times. Not a whole lot, but the idea that Sanchez isn't getting the ball to him is a bit much, he simply hasn't been on the field.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by barkus View Post
    The unspoken issue here is half of the 2012 draft class has been cut, but this team still has a ton of holes, that is terrible drafting. Nobody is expecting impact players with every pick but how about a back-up tackle, wr, or cb. Maybe a blocking TE? None of these positions were filled in the draft.
    he gets it. i see it the same way. we need to draft better.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    That's what I said homer. I actually watched the game, Schilens didn't have 4 steps on the defender until the ball was near him, it was a ball Sanchez had to throw with air early because of a heavy pass rush, Sanchez didn't have time on his side, and it was a play where if Sanchez had better timing with Schilens, he probably makes a better throw.

Schilens to this point has been the #4 WR, whether Schilens has talent or not, and you over hype every Raider or ex Raider in this case, the fact is, he's NOT on the field more right now and that is a coaching decision, has nothing to do with Sanchez targeting him or not.

You pretty much suck in the prediction department, so I'd stay away from the Tebow taking over for Sanchez crap. There is no problem with Sanchez finding his targets, he's finding them, the targets are either young, running the wrong routes, still learning the offense, or dropping the ball. It finally appears Schilens is healthy, he'll probably get more playing time, especially with Hill out this week. But with Hill out and Schilens now in, this is more proof Sanchez is playing with a bit of a handicap, and is still learning about his new WR's on the field in game situations, he's had very little time with them due to pre-season injuries, Schilens being one of them. Sanchez is still working through the chemistry of a new offense and a revamped WR unit, and without his top TE the first 3 weeks.

Run along homer, your all world Raiders and their top 10 QB you predicted look like garbage, I'm sure you have a ton of excuses.
    Last edited by Ray Ray19; 09-29-2012 at 05:51 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    That's what I said homer. I actually watched the game, Schilens didn't have 4 steps on the defender until the ball was near him, it was a ball Sanchez had to throw with air early because of a heavy pass rush, Sanchez didn't have time on his side, and it was a play where if Sanchez had better timing with Schilens, he probably makes a better throw.

Schilens to this point has been the #4 WR, whether Schilens has talent or not, and you over hype every Raider or ex Raider in this case, the fact is, he's NOT on the field more right now and that is a coaching decision, has nothing to do with Sanchez targeting him or not.

You pretty much suck in the prediction department, so I'd stay away from the Tebow taking over for Sanchez crap. There is no problem with Sanchez finding his targets, he's finding them, the targets are either young, running the wrong routes, still learning the offense, or dropping the ball. It finally appears Schilens is healthy, he'll probably get more playing time, especially with Hill out this week. But with Hill out and Schilens now in, this is more proof Sanchez is playing with a bit of a handicap, and is still learning about his new WR's on the field in game situations, he's had very little time with them due to pre-season injuries, Schilens being one of them. Sanchez is still working through the chemistry of a new offense and a revamped WR unit, and without his top TE the first 3 weeks.

Run along homer, your all world Raiders and their top 10 QB you predicted look like garbage, I'm sure you have a ton of excuses.
    Ray- Carson Palmer by his stats is the seventh rated Qb in the NFl. So exactly what are you basing your opinion on. So far that prediction I made looks like it's right on the money.

When are Jets fans going to stop giving M Sanchez a free pass. It's always someone else fault when he doesn't play well.