Thread: Refs win, Fans will pay

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like

Refs win, Fans will pay

So the NFL following a discussion by the team owners caved in to the demands of the Referees.

I saw the Patriots owner Kraft on MSNBC Thursday say that the team owners made this decision "because it benefits the fans".

Guess who is going to pay for the salary increases and generous pensions the referees will receive?

Get ready for the coming price increases...tickets...parking passes...concessions...sportswear...

PS: I heard on Bloomberg Radio that only two owners that voted against the referee salary increase and pensions...Woody Johnson and Jerry Richardson. I'm not surprized.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Fan 18D View Post
    So the NFL following a discussion by the team owners caved in to the demands of the Referees.

I saw the Patriots owner Kraft on MSNBC Thursday say that the team owners made this decision "because it benefits the fans".

Guess who is going to pay for the salary increases and generous pensions the referees will receive?

Get ready for the coming price increases...tickets...parking passes...concessions...sportswear...

PS: I heard on Bloomberg Radio that only two owners that voted against the referee salary increase and pensions...Woody Johnson and Jerry Richardson. I'm not surprized.
    The refs salaries are a pittance. 10 million in a multi-billion dollar business. the real issue was replacement/training teams, full time refs and ability to fire. As I understand it the refs allowed the first 2 in exchange for a $2000 a game salary bump and keeping the pensions. Assume $60,000 fans in a stadium if they each drop $0.30 into a bucket on the way into the stadium the refs increase is covered. No one is increasing ticket prices for this and even if they did it would be about $2/year to cover the 8 games.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

No one has a gun to your head to buy any of those things.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Bloomberg, Kraft, Woody Johnson, Uggggghhhhhhhhhhh