Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Geno Smith!!!!

Geno Smith!!!!

Would love to see the Jets make a move to get this guy in the draft.
    Sanchez is just not good enough.

Solid 86th post since 2003.

Jets Insider VIP
    Geno Marchetti, Geno Capelletti and Gino Cimoli would also be terrific choices

SIGN THOSE BEASTS
    Last edited by sg3; 09-29-2012 at 02:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_0515 View Post
    Solid 86th post since 2003.
    Thanks I knew you would like it

All League
    He will be a Buffalo Bill

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Geno Marchetti, Geno Capelletti and Gino Cimoli would also be terrific choices

SIGN THOSE BEASTS
    You forgot Geno Toretta

Undrafted Free Agent
    You guys better all learn his name... he just went 45/51 for 656yds and 8(!) passing TDs on #17 Baylor. I don't know about his place on our Jets but dude is definitely putting up Heisman numbers

Been hearing a lot about him...interesting prospect.

Quote Originally Posted by The Green & White View Post
    You guys better all learn his name... he just went 45/51 for 656yds and 8(!) passing TDs on #17 Baylor. I don't know about his place on our Jets but dude is definitely putting up Heisman numbers
    I'm going to the WV. Oklahoma game in November, CAN'T WAIT.

All Pro
    Not sure why everyone is crapping on the OP. This guy is the leading Heisman candidate in the country and next April Barkley/Smith is going to be the next Luck/Griffin (albeit a poor man's version.)

He was fantastic today -- extremely accurate throwing the deep ball (10x better than Sanchez or Tannehill were last week) and could clearly make all the throws with accuracy. Also a good athlete even though he's primarily a pocket passer.

That said, he had amazing protection today and his receivers were getting 5 yards of separation so a lot of QBs could look good under those circumstances. I want to see what he does against a real defense (Baylor is a joke, ranking or not.)

Veteran
    Forget it.

All Pro
    Geno Smith is the best QB i the Nation.. i would definitely take him over Barkley..

Jets Insider VIP
    A). The Jets will not.be drafting high

B). QB isnt close to a high priority

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    I'm going to the WV. Oklahoma game in November, CAN'T WAIT.
    Lucky you dude! Nothing like a big time college game.That crowd in Morgantown will be going nuts.

Even if Sanchez continues to play as bad as he is I don't see us drafting a QB. We will not have a top ten pick and Sanchez is slated to make too much to use as a BU. I have come to the realization that this team will pass on yet anther good QB class and then be forced to overpay for Romo the next year. eh oh the circle.

All League
    Sucks for Baylors QB. They score 63 and he throws 5 TDs but no one talking about him lol

Banned
    I saw the game. One of the weirdest games I've ever seen. It was like Arena Football with all of the scoring.

Not to take anything away from Smith, he played exceptionally well, but Baylor might have the worst defense I've ever seen. It was like they weren't even on the field.

How bad must Baylor's offense feel? They scored 63 points and lost.

Hall Of Fame
    Smith is good,but I wouldnt go crazy about him yet. They play absolutely no defense in the BIG12, and games in the 50s are not uncommon. He does have the size and measurable s that you look for, it will be interesting to see how he gets evaluated down the road once some NFL teams get a chance to work him out.

Huge game yesterday, but did not see an easy translation in his skills into pros yet. Throws a lot of screens and bombs, classic for the spread option. Those are college skills. Not to say he isn't capable of 15 yd square ins or 10 yard outs, but haven't quite seen it yet.