Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why Pressuring Mark Sanchez Is Crucial for San Francisco Defense

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Why Pressuring Mark Sanchez Is Crucial for San Francisco Defense

Under head coach Jim Harbaugh, the San Francisco 49ers are a perfect 4-0 in games following a loss.

The Niners' Week 3 upset loss to the Minnesota Vikings was an uncharacteristic performance for the Red and Gold, to say the least. The defense failed to consistently rush the passer, and when they did, Christian Ponder was able to escape and make several key plays on the move.

One key way to get back in the win for the 49'res is to ramp up the pressure and keep Jets QB Mark Sanchez from finding a rhythm throughout the game.

Ponder was able to successfully ward off 49ers pass-rushers and connect with his receivers on several remarkably accurate throws. He's second in the NFL in completion percentage (70.1) right now, and it's not because he played the defensively inept Jaguars and Colts the first two weeks of the season, either.

Aaron Rodgers and Matt Stafford, the first two QBs the Niners faced this year, ranked in the top five in completion percentage in 2011, so life hasn't been easy for San Fran in pass coverage thus far in 2012.

Aside from Minnesota, though, they've performed admirably.

Sanchez is an excellent change of pace for the Niners in that he currently ranks dead last in the NFL in completion percentage (50.5) and is typically horrid under pressure.

In 2011, Pro Football Focus graded the Jets signal-caller as the most inaccurate QB in the league when facing pressure. In 2010, PFF again graded Sanchez as the NFL's least accurate passer under pressure.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...ncisco-defense

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    In the NFL you work the kinks out on the fly. even with that horrid %, Jets keep fighting. 2-1.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    The defense just taking the field is enough to pressure Sanchez.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    poll

which is worse?

a) threads based on crap from the bleacher report

b) threads started by patriot diehard fan rmeyer52

c) all of the above

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    you can just about any nfl game analysis and break it down to team x must pressure the qb of team y. how stupid is this. it's all about executing plays. sanchez and the jets execute theirs better than smith and the 49ers execute theirs and the jets will win. and vice versa.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is pure trolling, just go away. We get it you are posting all the reasons we'll lose. I think JI is probably the most even keeled board on the internet, with plenty of people who don't let it become a circle jerk of homers. No need for you to troll in addition to that. Hopefully the mods see it the same way.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    What was surprising about the game against the Dolphins was that Sanchez was very good under pressure.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    poll

which is worse?

c) all of the above
    If I throw a stick, will you go away? How many times do I have to flush to get rid of you?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    poll

which is worse?

c) all of the above
    B

I'd read bleacher report 7 days a week and twice on Sunday over that dip ****. Kinda pathetic really.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rmeyer52 View Post
    If I throw a stick, will you go away? How many times do I have to flush to get rid of you?
    The more important query is how can JI rid itself of you and send you back to your bosum buddies at patsfans.com??

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    The more important query is how can JI rid itself of you and send you back to your bosum buddies at patsfans.com??

I was a Jets fan when you were just a sparkle in your dads eye and have been a season ticket holder since before your brain developed. I do not however drink the Kool Aid of ignorant fans like yourself who believe this team is not a work in process and that Sanchez ans Ryan are proven winners who can take it all. Year after year I have seen my prices go up for tickets while they field a team that's only strength is talking trash and failing to back it up. I want a Jets team that week after week scores a lot of points and has a defense that shut down the run and stop the pass without excuses. They win the games they are supposed to lose lose the games they are supposed to win but people like you drink the Kool Aid year after year and call people who speak the truth trolls. Posters come and go but the sooner you go the better.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Look...the Jets had three pro bowlers last year on their offensive line...this is the game they need to step up and prove themselves....

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by frankiepapa View Post
    Look...the Jets had three pro bowlers last year on their offensive line...this is the game they need to step up and prove themselves....

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
    Could not agree more. People are expecting the niners to TCB but the Jets can show all of us they are real even without Revis

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ive been a Jet fan since 1960, sonny, went to two Titan game and the first Jet home game at the PG which they beat the Oilers....

I remember much of the basement dwelling nearly homeless franchise history of your Pathetics too way back before January 2002 when Walt Colemans boner got you to jump aboard their bandwagon.

Your pretending to be a Jet realist fools pretty much NOBODY here at JI, troll

Rather than bother with your continued trollery and starting future worthless threads Ive decided to take the high road and make you.....

Say hello to all your fellow chowd trolls when you arrive

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ive been a Jet fan since 1960, sonny, went to two Titan game and the first Jet home game at the PG which they beat the Oilers....

I remember much of the basement dwelling nearly homeless franchise history of your Pathetics too way back before January 2002 when Walt Colemans boner got you to jump aboard their bandwagon.

Your pretending to be a Jet realist fools pretty much NOBODY here at JI, troll

Rather than bother with your continued trollery and starting future worthless threads Ive decided to take the high road and make you.....

Say hello to all your fellow chowd trolls when you arrive

Grow the F up.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    Grow the F up.
    Well said sir and thank you he has no life and I guess some people just cant be flushed down the toilet

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Under head coach Jim Harbaugh, the San Francisco 49ers are a perfect 4-0 in games following a loss.

The Niners' Week 3 upset loss to the Minnesota Vikings was an uncharacteristic performance for the Red and Gold, to say the least. The defense failed to consistently rush the passer, and when they did, Christian Ponder was able to escape and make several key plays on the move.

One key way to get back in the win for the 49'res is to ramp up the pressure and keep Jets QB Mark Sanchez from finding a rhythm throughout the game.

Ponder was able to successfully ward off 49ers pass-rushers and connect with his receivers on several remarkably accurate throws. He's second in the NFL in completion percentage (70.1) right now, and it's not because he played the defensively inept Jaguars and Colts the first two weeks of the season, either.

Aaron Rodgers and Matt Stafford, the first two QBs the Niners faced this year, ranked in the top five in completion percentage in 2011, so life hasn't been easy for San Fran in pass coverage thus far in 2012.

Aside from Minnesota, though, they've performed admirably.

Sanchez is an excellent change of pace for the Niners in that he currently ranks dead last in the NFL in completion percentage (50.5) and is typically horrid under pressure.

In 2011, Pro Football Focus graded the Jets signal-caller as the most inaccurate QB in the league when facing pressure. In 2010, PFF again graded Sanchez as the NFL's least accurate passer under pressure.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...ncisco-defense
    Hey another thread by rmeyer52, trolling and pretending to be a Jets fan, with a shameless "hey look at me" obsession in creating threads on this board.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was a Jets fan when you were just a sparkle in your dads eye and have been a season ticket holder since before your brain developed. I do not however drink the Kool Aid of ignorant fans like yourself who believe this team is not a work in process and that Sanchez ans Ryan are proven winners who can take it all. Year after year I have seen my prices go up for tickets while they field a team that's only strength is talking trash and failing to back it up. I want a Jets team that week after week scores a lot of points and has a defense that shut down the run and stop the pass without excuses. They win the games they are supposed to lose lose the games they are supposed to win but people like you drink the Kool Aid year after year and call people who speak the truth trolls. Posters come and go but the sooner you go the better.
    The highlighted text is an extremely dubious assertion.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    poll

which is worse?

c) all of the above
    Please stop trying to police other people's right to free speech. In the first place you have not been given that authority and in the second place your judgement stinks.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    As the the merits of the report cited in the OP.

Pressuring Sanchez is a key to success for the Niners defense??? Really? That is a bit of a shocker right there.