Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Acknowledge or Ignore (another fart thread)

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Acknowledge or Ignore (another fart thread)

Monday morning (after a Sunday marathon of beer, wings, etc). Let about a 12-second long hot shot that made my own eyes water -- the worst of the worst eggy foulness possible. Of course, 10 seconds later -- roughly about the time the cloud fully permeates every corner of my office -- the pushy PR exec broad does the combined knock/walk-in-without-waiting-for-my-response and sits right down basically in the middle of ground zero. The fake business smile quickly turns to a horrified face that is even more contorted than usual because I can tell she's trying to hide it. She's in too far now -- she has to start whatever pain-in-the-arse conversation she came in to bother me with.

Would you have acknowledged what you did, and apologized/blamed an upset stomach/etc., or just ignored it completely?

I ignored it.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by shakin318 View Post
    Monday morning (after a Sunday marathon of beer, wings, etc). Let about a 12-second long hot shot that made my own eyes water -- the worst of the worst eggy foulness possible. Of course, 10 seconds later -- roughly about the time the cloud fully permeates every corner of my office -- the pushy PR exec broad does the combined knock/walk-in-without-waiting-for-my-response and sits right down basically in the middle of ground zero. The fake business smile quickly turns to a horrified face that is even more contorted than usual because I can tell she's trying to hide it. She's in too far now -- she has to start whatever pain-in-the-arse conversation she came in to bother me with.

Would you have acknowledged what you did, and apologized/blamed an upset stomach/etc., or just ignored it completely?

I ignored it.
    Blame the dog.......

Bewildered Beast
    That is hilarious.

"something something "impromptu meating" yada yada yada"

Jets Insider VIP
    say "pardon me, but I have a serious medical condition. Please ignore any sounds or smells you may experience."

then let them rip one after another until she leaves, even if you have to hurt yourself.

I love this place.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

ok, so far the best advice is to get a flatulent office dog.

The hampur. It never disappoints.

Jets Insider VIP
    pics or gfo

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Peebag View Post
    pics or gfo

All League
    You wait five days to bring this nugget to our attention?

And LOL at the pic.

Jets Insider VIP
    I think the proper thing to do would have been to not only ignore the first one, but also let loose another one while she was there and ignore that one too.

The impromptu "combined knock/walk-in-without-waiting-for-my-response" by pushy PR exec broad...

it never happens again.

In fact, your future meetings with her will likely be done by conference call.

Think of it as marking your territory. In fact, you may want to take a piss on your office floor too.

All League
    My initial thought was that it was too bad you didn't release your gas bomb while in the middle of talking to PR chick.

I am coming, slowly but surely, to the understanding that farts are not something to be embarrassed about. Indeed, I'm coming to realize that farts = power. Why do you think nations spend billions on chemical weapons technology. Basically, they're all trying to develop the ultimate fart bomb.

So to your list of choices:

A) acknowledged what you did
    B) apologized/blamed an upset stomach/etc.
    C) just ignored it completely

I would add "Glory in the moment of your absolute stinky ass awesomeness and the beatdown PR chick is taking."

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post
    You wait five days to bring this nugget to our attention?
    Yeah, sorry. The new job makes me furrow my brow and drink more when I'm on the train home, but it pays the bills faster. Anyhoo I'm too preoccupied to end up in here during the week.

The Wednesday update would have been that I came across her in the elevator lobby and threw her a wink when we made eye contact. Got pretty much the same face she had when she got mugged by my beer/chicken wings ghost.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

I ignored it.
    my bet, this doesn't happen in Saratoga

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by jetswin View Post
    my bet, this doesn't happen in Saratoga
    bastid

All League
    Evacuate the area.

"Let's walk and talk, shall we?"

And let everyone else in the wake suffer.

I thought about this all night. The only thing you can do-

-Replicate the incident. Eat/drink all same items. Same stress levels, same doot schedule; everything must be the same.
    -Save fart for office Monday morning.
    -Walk in and release first thing in the morning.
    -Immediately leave your office and announce to staff that something smells putrid in your office.
    -Say aloud, "This happened last week, too. I can't work like this." You must be convincing here.

(The old, steal your wallet and help you find it scam.)

-Fully embrace whichever solutions are brought forth in order to eradicate unsafe work environment odors. Even if they start ripping up carpet or demo'ing walls.

You have painted yourself into a corner with this situation. I can get you out. Trust me though, this will work.
    Last edited by 1greenNUT; 09-30-2012 at 06:25 AM.

Jets Insider VIP

I ignored it.

That was an awesome read.

Fishooked approves.

Jets Insider VIP
    ok, so far the best advice is to get a flatulent office dog.

The hampur. It never disappoints.
    pffft. My "advise" was the actual plan used by a VP at Chase when I worked there. It was successful and provided many LOLZ to the peons. So there.

Jets Insider VIP
    Change your diet.

If your gas is that bad, it's a medical condition.

Sent from my Double-Wide using Semaphore...

You should have invited a 3rd party into the office and placed the blame squarely on the rude broad.

Have her come into the toxic cloud again in the morning. Invite the 3rd party this time. Take this opportunity to offer her advice on dealing with her obvious problem.