View Poll Results: Will the Jets beat SF?

Voters
92. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

39 42.39%
  • No

53 57.61%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: "Put your name on it!" - Do the Jets win Sunday?

My heart says yes, my brain says no! I hope I'm wrong.

Yup. 3-1 come 4pm tomorrow.

Losing 24 just sucks but I think it's gonna force the D (and the coaches that come up with the scheme) to step up. Almost seems like the D has become comfortable with having Revis out there and they haven't pressed in other areas. Secondary is still damn good, especially at safety. Dline has been under performing in my opinion and I think they step it up this game.

Besides, we dealt with a bigger loss last year. Mangold. When he went down it demolished our O and in turn then exhausted the D. Powell may be the starting RB by days end (Greene missing holes) and Keller is back.

With some good crowd noise, Gang Green pulls this one out. 24-23.

All League
    Jets don't get enough respect, Niners get too much.

Yes.

Jets Insider VIP
    3-1

Tied for first place with the Bills....

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    3-1

Tied for first place with the Bills....

Jets 14 SF 9

YES

see my post in the predict the score thread

No chance. It will not even be close. Over by half time.

Quote Originally Posted by Gastineau99 View Post
    49ers got their asses handed to them by the Vikings, so a jets win shouldn't be an impossible mission.
    We're getting shut out.

SAR I

Jets Insider VIP
    14 hours 17 minutes to KICKOFF

starting to get

PUMPED!!!!!

NO but I would really love to be wrong.

The Betting Market is giving us a 1 in 3 shot of winning straight up and expected to be a pretty close game overall

I think there's a decent shot

West coast teams traveling east usually do not play well. Yes, I see a Jets win, 20-17.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    An ass kicking from one of the revitalized former powerhouses of the NFC, but only one team wins every year. Let's Go Jets!

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    14 hours 17 minutes to KICKOFF

starting to get

PUMPED!!!!!

setting self up .. Get ur self alittle fire & chill!!! not goin tobe nice outcome.. close game tho.. Im prepared for worse on tis 1..Now is the time Tomorrow is too late..

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

yes, I say yes, wait, let me think, yes, I think I was right, yeah, that's right, yes is the answer, so I say yes.

All Pro
    No.

The 49ers are a terrible matchup for us, just like the Steelers and the Ravens. They do what we talk about doing. Unless the defense plays truly lights out and forces a few turnovers I don't see how we win. I'd be stunned of we actually did anything on offense.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    +1
    I often feel more comfortable with these type games than an "easy win" scenario. Their backs are up against the wall (if they want to be considered legit)...and they seem to step up. Then again, Ive been wrong for 40+ years.

-
    Yes.

This team has been capable of a surprise against good opponents over the years. Maybe this week will be one such. My head is telling me we get one out of three of these types of games. San Francisco have yet to prove they can take care of business as one of the league's elite teams so there is room for an upset of sorts in there. I have a harder time actually finding in game scenarios that give us a win. Turnovers will probably have to be involved.

Jets 14
    49'ers 12

49'ers fail on a 2 point conversion with 0:00 on the clock. ESPN shows the final play endlessly.

Jets Defense is feisty all day. The kids get to play and show well. Coples in the mix. Non kid Landry forces a fumble. Powell gets starter carries after showing early flashes. Some kind of McKnight sighting outside of his return duties. Specials win the field position exchanges. Sanchez is somewhat better.

If it goes the other way then things could get ugly obviously.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    Quite honestly, I don't think I've ever been as sure about something in my life. I see almost 0% chance the Jets win tomorrow.

Someone please convince me that the Jets have a chance. I just don't see it.
    I dunno. If you think about it - these ARE the kind of games the present day Jets do win. Odds are stacked. 100 reasons why we won't. Sanchez has been all over the place as of late... It reeks of a Jets upset.

Then in classic T-Rex fashion, we'll lose the next litmus test game against a significant opponent.

any given Sunday, right?

let's do it