Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wild Card Playoff is a Rip Off

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    Yup. I don't mind this format at all. I would like to see how it plays out, but I think it could turn out to be a significant advantage for the higher seed.
    It absolutely reduces the normal home field edge. It's not like they haven't tried this before. This is how the wild card started out, and it failed miserably and they changed it. No idea why they decided to recycle this back in. There's no reasonable justification for it. Baseball is run by clowns.

Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato View Post
    It absolutely reduces the normal home field edge. It's not like they haven't tried this before. This is how the wild card started out, and it failed miserably and they changed it. No idea why they decided to recycle this back in. There's no reasonable justification for it. Baseball is run by clowns.
    I believe it's just for this year.

I think since they added the extra wild card pretty late in the offseason,they didn't have the extra travel day.

Now home field advantage going to the winner of the all star game,and the refusal to really use instant replay..total clowns

Hall Of Fame
    Ing
    Quote Originally Posted by IHATEDOLPHINS View Post
    I believe it's just for this year.

I think since they added the extra wild card pretty late in the offseason,they didn't have the extra travel day.

Now home field advantage going to the winner of the all star game,and the refusal to really use instant replay..total clowns
    The travel day thing doesn't add up. The O's had to travel from Texas regardless.