Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Homer/Sunshine Report: Why We're Going to Win

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

The Homer/Sunshine Report: Why We're Going to Win

I think we're getting blown out, but if you're looking for a few rays of hope on gameday morning:

1) San Francisco's offensive production has declined through each of the first 3 weeks. 377 in Week 1, 349 yards in Week 2, 280 yards in Week 3. 30 points in Week 1, 27 points in Week 2, 13 points in Week 3. No turnovers in Week 1, 1 turnover in Week 2, 3 turnovers in Week 3.

2) The 49ers are really bad in the red zone, and they don't get there that often. That's why David Akers attempted a record 52 FGs last year. Speaking of Akers.....

3) David Akers has always been terrible at the Meadowlands. Dreadful. He's a career 82.3% kicker, but he's only 16/27 at the Meadowlands (59.3%). One of my good friends is an Eagles fan who would always complain about how badly he sucked against the Giants. I looked it up one day and he turned out to be right.

4) The 49ers defense hasn't been great thus far. They're the opposite of a "bend but don't break" defense. They have allowed a touchdown on every red zone possession this year, but have only allowed 5 red zone incursions. They also have problems getting off the field on 3rd down, allowing opponents to convert on 45% (23rd) of their chances (we currently have the 5th best 3rd down offense in the league, believe it or not).

5) Home game. We played great in our first home game and were 6-2 at home last year. We've been a good home team since 2010 and it's hard to win on the road in the NFL.

6) AccuScore has this game SanFran 53%, New York 47%. The computer thinks this game is a toss up. We've got two over cards up against an under pair, before the flop. That's not a bad spot to be in.

There you go. Feel any better now?

9ers by 20.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    My stomach hurts

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    We will score 5 straight touchdowns before we let SF kick a field goal...which they'll miss.

I've been drinking for 9 hours now

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    5 am ... Time to start numbing myself in alcohol,for this one.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    5 am ... Time to start numbing myself in alcohol,for this one.
    Manesh tanah hleila hazeh mikahl halaylos

Why is this day different from all others

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    All good stuff. You forgot the one thing that definitely applies with our team: The Jets always seem to show up when they are left for dead.

No chance against NE in the 2010 playoffs after a 45-3 loss just a month earlier? Pull off an incredible upset on the road.
    Horrible preseason with terrible offensive numbers? Go out and hang 48 on the Bills.
    No Revis, no passrush, no offensive chemistry? Let's see if they keep the trend going this week.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Jets are either going to learn how to play without Revis, or they're not. We'll see what happens, but it's not a forgone conclusion. Losing him may be the best(if we learn how to play as a team), or worst thing that could happen(if we fall apart). I think the defense has leaned on him too much, and lost their identity. I remember certain people being just as pessimistic when Jenkins went down. You know who you are.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    We won't get blown out...but I don't think we will win.The offense is just too bad

Niners 23

Jets 13

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I picked the niners to win, but this game is very interesting. I wanna see how this defense plays knowing the Revis ain't walking thru that door. SF's offense is very efficient but they don't scare me. I also wanna see what Sporano/Sanchez do knowing that they can't depend on the D as much as they have been....

being at home helps, but SF travels well to the East Coast. I think Harbaugh has a good record traveling to the east coast, may even be undefeated but i'm not sure....

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I feel like if they're going to make anything of this season and the Post Revis Era, it has to start with a competitive performance in this game. Look at the Towson Tigers against LSU last night. Outmatched in every facet, but threw everything they could at them all game. Relentless pursuit on defense, playing with aggression even when the game was out of hand. They were playing for personal pride. Of course they lost, but I'm sure LSU doesn't feel like big winners today. The point is, this is the perfect game to test Revis-less Jets.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jets getting no respect, NONE, from the media. Especially the turds on espn right now. And it's those types of games that the Jets win...

But Keller's out. I just don't see us pulling it out with Hill and Keller on the sideline.

Crazier things have happened though. Especially with this team.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    I know that they spent a lot of time in Ohio, but the fact that this is a 1:00 game really comforts me. With the 9ers coming off a disappointing loss like that, it could start a slide or get them riled up. Either way, heres to hoping that the defense rallies around the absence of Revis. This is definitely one of the better games to adjust to life without him as Smith completes short passes, but only has 5td on the season. Play the run and attempt to contain Gore and we have a game. It'd be nice to have Keller back, but c'est la vie. Hopefully with Hill and Keller out, whats left of the O gets their heads out of their asses and catch some balls.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good stats, lame prediction based on them.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenWave View Post
    All good stuff. You forgot the one thing that definitely applies with our team: The Jets always seem to show up when they are left for dead.

No chance against NE in the 2010 playoffs after a 45-3 loss just a month earlier? Pull off an incredible upset on the road.
    Horrible preseason with terrible offensive numbers? Go out and hang 48 on the Bills.
    No Revis, no passrush, no offensive chemistry? Let's see if they keep the trend going this week.
    Great point and very true! I agree with you.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenWave View Post

What about the last 3 games of 2011? Other than Buffalo....that's the JETS that
    Have played the last 6 or 7 games including last season.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    What about the last 3 games of 2011? Other than Buffalo....that's the JETS that
    Have played the last 6 or 7 games including last season.
    Those were games the Jets were expected to win.

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't put .50 on a win this week. But history says that there's a good chance the Jets keep it close today, and maybe even surprise.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Since this is the Homer/Sunshine/Unrealistic report thread, I'll say this :

Jets 21
    49ers 17

Folk will be very busy today.....

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    This game has 27-0 Niners written all over it. We are TOTALLY outmatched.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    This game has 27-0 Niners written all over it. We are TOTALLY outmatched.
    I think you totally missed the point of this thread.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    San Francisco is not a great team. Very good, but not great. Great defense, average to below average offense. If the Jetsturn the ball over multiple times they will be in trouble. If not, it will be a defensive, field position game where ST will have a large role in the outcome.