Thread: If the Jets Play Well ....

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

If the Jets Play Well ....

... But still lose, what would you think ? I think that could be much worse than being blown out. All the excuses will come flying out ... Moral Victory, Revis was out so were proud of our effort. Etc etc etc.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    ... But still lose, what would you think ? I think that could be much worse than being blown out. All the excuses will come flying out ... Moral Victory, Revis was out so were proud of our effort. Etc etc etc.
    IMO it won't be much different than if they play well or meh and win. Results mean little at JI most of the time

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not a moral victory type guy but we need to play well today regardless.

I had us 2-1 at this point. And then I had us 2-2, 2-3, 3-3. But for this season to get going and put us where many didn't have us, we need to win 1 out of the next 2 weeks. 3-2 going into the Indy game would be pretty nice.

I'd love to win today but more then anything the Jets need to get going. We need to run the ball much better and the D needs to start playing on a different level.

Jets 19
    9ers 17

Lets do this!
    Last edited by LockeJET; 09-30-2012 at 07:38 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LockeJET View Post

I had us a 2-1 at this point. And then I had us 2-2, 2-3, 3-3. But for this season to get going and put us where many didn't have us, we need to win 1 out of the next 2 weeks. 3-2 going into the Indy game would be pretty nice.

I'd love to win today but more then anything the Jets need to get going. We need to run the ball much better and the D needs to start playing on a different level.

Jets 19
    9ers 17

Lets do this!
    +1

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LockeJET View Post

I had us at 2-1 at this point. And then I had us 2-2, 2-3, 3-3. But for this season to get going and put us where many didn't have us, we need to win 1 out of the next 2 weeks. 3-2 going into the Indy game would be pretty nice.

Jets 19
    9ers 17

Lets do this!
    +1

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Play well and lose? How does that work?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    For me....that would be fine. At Pitt, the NO SHOW team is what is most troubling. PITT simply reminded me of the last 3 games of 2011.

Im fine losing..its the gutless no show that is troubling.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Play well and lose? How does that work?
    Really? You are asking this question? Haven't you been talking about how we played horribly even though we're 2-1? So conversely can you not play well and lose?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Merrill Hodge just called the JETS offense just "Short of a train wreck" and one of the worst he has seen this year.

He says we will be lucky to get 100 yards.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Merrill Hodge just called the JETS offense just "Short of a train wreck" and one of the worst he has seen this year.

He says we will be lucky to get 100 yards.
    Sterling Sharpe also called the Jets dysfunctional. They might not be anything more than a .500 team but they are not dysfunctional.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sterling Sharpe probably doesn't even know the meaning of the word and that he's just going with the flow of whomever mentioned it. I'll bet if you asked him, he'd have to go look it up in the dictionary(if he even knows what THAT is). Let's just say he didn't exactly become an NFL player back in the day for his Academic Achievements...

He can go EAD with his opinions, IMO.