Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Your Team's Season: 2012-13

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DevsJetsYanks88 View Post
    LOL

Eh, I like Ba and Cisse, team was making a nice push last season, didn't want to go the predictable Man U route, and my friends are a bunch of Liverpool fans with a few Tottenham sprinkled in. Decided to be an odd ball.
    Fair enough... Only thing really holding me back from Liverpool is the Sux connection... Just feels dirty...

If Hank went through on the Tottenham purchase, coupled with Dempsey, would have been an obvious choice...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    Fair enough... Only thing really holding me back from Liverpool is the Sux connection... Just feels dirty...

If Hank went through on the Tottenham purchase, coupled with Dempsey, would have been an obvious choice...
    Exactly my thought process with both of those.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    Oh man... What made you go that route? The team is like half French
    Ligue 1 is being raided by the EPL.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Eden Hazard just got sent off for kicking a ball boy. Know I'm not meant to laugh, but it is pretty funny.

Ball boy sat on the ball trying to waste time as Chelsea were behind and chasing goals, Hazard let him have it with the boot. Besides, wouldn't you like to kick someone with this haircut?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zR3F88MXWJI

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Soberphobia View Post
    Eden Hazard just got sent off for kicking a ball boy. Know I'm not meant to laugh, but it is pretty funny.

Ball boy sat on the ball trying to waste time as Chelsea were behind and chasing goals, Hazard let him have it with the boot. Besides, wouldn't you like to kick someone with this haircut?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zR3F88MXWJI
    LMAO

Never seen anything like that.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RaoulDuke View Post
    LMAO

Never seen anything like that.
    Little ****, if I were Hazard I probably would have given him a backhander as well, instantly regretted it and then accepted the 2 month ban.

Chasing goals in a semi-final and some tubby who is probably a bully at school rolls on top of the ball and planks it, I think the heat of the moment would get to me somehow.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    The little ****e definitely deserved it, I wouldn't have even red carded Hazard to be honest.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Holy phuck v2; we just signed Didier Drogba

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The Turk View Post
    Holy phuck v2; we just signed Didier Drogba
    Was just going to post this.

Awesome player.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, tore us a new one every time he played us. Think I've mentioned here he looked like Godzilla vs Tokyo at times. He is long in the tooth but his game was never about speed. He's a good get if you ask me.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Balotelli to AC Milan apparently done deal.

whoa

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, tore us a new one every time he played us. Think I've mentioned here he looked like Godzilla vs Tokyo at times. He is long in the tooth but his game was never about speed. He's a good get if you ask me.
    Agreed he'll be men against boys especially in the domestic Turkish league where even Milan Baros was very successful and Pierre Van Hooijdonk was a demi god. I'm interested to see how far Drogba and Sneijder will take us in the Champions League.

I think we should be able to get by Schalke in the next round and I'd be praying to get PSG for the quarterfinals

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Agreed he'll be men against boys especially in the domestic Turkish league where even Milan Baros was very successful and Pierre Van Hooijdonk was a demi god. I'm interested to see how far Drogba and Sneijder will take us in the Champions League.

I think we should be able to get by Schalke in the next round and I'd be praying to get PSG for the quarterfinals
    Hasn't Sneijder already played this year in the CL with Milan?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hasn't Sneijder already played this year in the CL with Milan?
    nope he hasn't been playing because he refused to take a paycut as far as I know he'll be eligible to play

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    nope he hasn't been playing because he refused to take a paycut as far as I know he'll be eligible to play
    Good for you guys.

From what I've heard he hasn't had the impact of the past years. Nothing a few bathroom tiles to the forehead can't cure.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    LOL

We just signed Beckham for 5 months.

Where will we stop?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    LOL

We just signed Beckham for 5 months.

Where will we stop?
    I've said this over the years about Becks, and he said it himself yesterday, that he's never been athletically gifted, so he should be able to offer something. Only worry is his talent is duller now not only with age but also spending some years in the MLS, all due respect to secondary leagues like the American one and our one out here.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think even at his age, and once he gets in shape, he’ll be fine in Ligue1. He’s been brought for one thing: marketing. There were 150+ journalist for the press conference. I just don’t really see how we’ll use him. We’re stacked practically everywhere.

For all the fluff around him, I genuinely respect the athlete. I’m not a big fan of the way he plays but I think he’s gifted, humble and very professional. I think when the other guys on the team see him on the bench and not complaining, they’ll stop and maybe think twice before b*tching.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    As weird as seeing Favre in a Jets jersey

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've said this over the years about Becks, and he said it himself yesterday, that he's never been athletically gifted, so he should be able to offer something. Only worry is his talent is duller now not only with age but also spending some years in the MLS, all due respect to secondary leagues like the American one and our one out here.
    BD?