Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Your Team's Season: 2012-13

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Your Team's Season: 2012-13

Well, Liverpool are finally on the board for a Premier win - first chance I've really had to watch them this season. Have to say I'm impressed with the obvious philosophy we have - almost every ball is on the deck, back to the philosophy we had through the glory years in the 70's and 80's. We have a long way to go, but I'm happy with it so far, despite poor results.

How's everyone else's team looking so far?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Things are teh awesome. I’m actually watching games again.

We’re in 2nd, 3 points behind arch rival Marseille…whom we face next game.

Ibrahimovic is a BEAST of epic proportions; It’s been decades since we’ve had a player if his stature in our championship. He’s like an adult playing against 4rth graders.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RaoulDuke View Post
    Things are teh awesome. I’m actually watching games again.

We’re in 2nd, 3 points behind arch rival Marseille…whom we face next game.

Ibrahimovic is a BEAST of epic proportions; It’s been decades since we’ve had a player if his stature in our championship. He’s like an adult playing against 4rth graders.
    Had to do a google to find out just what exactly PSG had been up to, and found this link. An "elephant towering over 19 mice" is a quote from it that is perhaps apt.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Playing much better of late. Defoe is off to a great start and Friedel has AVB's confidence, but I'm still patiently waiting for Hugo.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets Things View Post
    Playing much better of late. Defoe is off to a great start and Friedel has AVB's confidence, but I'm still patiently waiting for Hugo.
    Spurs have been a well run club for a long time - its very hard to compete against the really big spenders in the Premier, but they definitely pull above their weight most of the time. TBH surprised Redknapp was shown the door but AVB looks like a different manager from his time at Chelsea.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    we shat the bed last night against braga in the CL we'll need at least 4 and maybe 6 points from Cluj and ManU to not let Braga have any points if we have any hopes of going through.

Domestically we lost our first game of the season last week but still in first because our only real opponent fener is in huge disarray (think Jets big) so I'm not worried we'll probably go on to win the championship not necessarily because we are teh awesome but because its one of those years where a decent team is better than the **** competition.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets Things View Post
    He's been playing great, so AVB can't just pull him. Even though he's not saying it, Freidel is most likely on a very short leash, and will be pulled once he hits a rough patch.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The Turk View Post
    we shat the bed last night against braga in the CL we'll need at least 4 and maybe 6 points from Cluj and ManU to not let Braga have any points if we have any hopes of going through.

Domestically we lost our first game of the season last week but still in first because our only real opponent fener is in huge disarray (think Jets big) so I'm not worried we'll probably go on to win the championship not necessarily because we are teh awesome but because its one of those years where a decent team is better than the **** competition.
    What's the money situation like over there with the Turkish clubs? Any of them been bitten by the Euro debt thing? Any of them facing financial ruin?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Soberphobia View Post
    What's the money situation like over there with the Turkish clubs? Any of them been bitten by the Euro debt thing? Any of them facing financial ruin?
    Well we don't use the euro, so no. Actually overall times are better than ever for turkish football clubs, they are raking in tv money and many have updated their stadia but but because most don't know how to spend and also there is a preimum you have to pay to attract top talent to Turkey some have been hit with bans. Besiktas for example was given a 1 year UEFA competiton ban because it wasn't able to pay its debts to the players, and it has asked all its players to take a paycut. But financial ruin, no.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well we don't use the euro, so no. Actually overall times are better than ever for turkish football clubs, they are raking in tv money and many have updated their stadia but but because most don't know how to spend and also there is a preimum you have to pay to attract top talent to Turkey some have been hit with bans. Besiktas for example was given a 1 year UEFA competiton ban because it wasn't able to pay its debts to the players, and it has asked all its players to take a paycut. But financial ruin, no.
    That's great - happy to see one of the established leagues sail through these tough times easily. I think still some clubs in Europe are living beyond their means....including some very big names (Manure probably the biggest I can think of) and are destined to go down the Leeds United path at some stage in the not too distant future. Can see why Raoul is so happy right now - unlimited funds (almost), zero money issues etc.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    That's great - happy to see one of the established leagues sail through these tough times easily. I think still some clubs in Europe are living beyond their means....including some very big names (Manure probably the biggest I can think of) and are destined to go down the Leeds United path at some stage in the not too distant future. Can see why Raoul is so happy right now - unlimited funds (almost), zero money issues etc.
    Platini wants to instore a Financial Fairplay system. I haven’t looked into it but the idea is to have a balanced budget. Could be bad news for us, though we’ll find a way around it (ie: sign huge sponsorship with Quwaiti Airlines..or other)

Seems everything Platini does is to help out the puny nations:
    • No video replay because in Baklavistan they don’t have enough cameras
    • Letting bottom feeder Champions into Champions League
    • You can’t just go out and buy the best players…

Do I sound snotty yet?

All this money has gone to my head

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Platini wants to instore a Financial Fairplay system. I haven’t looked into it but the idea is to have a balanced budget. Could be bad news for us, though we’ll find a way around it (ie: sign huge sponsorship with Quwaiti Airlines..or other)

Seems everything Platini does is to help out the puny nations:
    • No video replay because in Baklavistan they don’t have enough cameras
    • Letting bottom feeder Champions into Champions League
    • You can’t just go out and buy the best players…

Do I sound snotty yet?

All this money has gone to my head
    lol - had exactly the same feeling when we were sold to American interests the first time - thought we would stomp on everyone. Now I wish we'd been sold to Arabia.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    See Meireles suspended after the Gala/Fener derby for 11 games. The Turk will be happy - he was actually very good when he played for us, and I was sorry to see him sold.

My team (Liverpool) are now a middle of the table team, and desperately need some depth and class added in January and also next summer.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    See Meireles suspended after the Gala/Fener derby for 11 games. The Turk will be happy - he was actually very good when he played for us, and I was sorry to see him sold.

My team (Liverpool) are now a middle of the table team, and desperately need some depth and class added in January and also next summer.
    his suspension was cut down to 4 games because he "unintentionally" spat on the ref - I don't know how that's possible but thats the sewerbirds for you.

my wish from the new year is that every fenerbahce fan is raped by horny donkeys and sanchez plays centre forward for them next year.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    his suspension was cut down to 4 games because he "unintentionally" spat on the ref - I don't know how that's possible but thats the sewerbirds for you.

my wish from the new year is that every fenerbahce fan is raped by horny donkeys and sanchez plays centre forward for them next year.
    "Butt fumbleish" dive inside the box. He'd whiff on the PK though.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well, Liverpool are finally on the board for a Premier win - first chance I've really had to watch them this season. Have to say I'm impressed with the obvious philosophy we have - almost every ball is on the deck, back to the philosophy we had through the glory years in the 70's and 80's. We have a long way to go, but I'm happy with it so far, despite poor results.

How's everyone else's team looking so far?
    I've been watching Liverpool more than most teams this year. Suarez is douchey but I really enjoy watching him play. I wish I could punch him for that goofy look he always has on his face though

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    I've been watching Liverpool more than most teams this year. Suarez is douchey but I really enjoy watching him play. I wish I could punch him for that goofy look he always has on his face though
    Yeah can understand why opposition fans hate him. Always looks like he's just eaten a lemon.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    We're in a 3 way tie for 1st (we're first on goal average), which considering the lopsided budget advantage we have is a dissapointment. Chemistry just started 3 games before the christmas break. Ibra is what he claimed he was: a BEAST. The guy's already scored something like 18 goals, and I don't think I've ever seen him run.

Still in the CL. The only thing acceptable would be an elimantion from a Top 5 team.

..and we just got this dude Lucas Moura, 20 year Brazilian phenom. I admit I don't know sh*t about him, but he's already on the national team, and supposedly a stud.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    We're in a 3 way tie for 1st (we're first on goal average), which considering the lopsided budget advantage we have is a dissapointment. Chemistry just started 3 games before the christmas break. Ibra is what he claimed he was: a BEAST. The guy's already scored something like 18 goals, and I don't think I've ever seen him run.

Still in the CL. The only thing acceptable would be an elimantion from a Top 5 team.

..and we just got this dude Lucas Moura, 20 year Brazilian phenom. I admit I don't know sh*t about him, but he's already on the national team, and supposedly a stud.
    So let me get this straight: coming first, disappointed with that - your main striker has scored 18 goals and is a beast but also refuses to run, another disappointment. Ho hum. Still in the Champions League in January (yawn). Just signed some Brazilian no-name for around 45 million Euros, the combined GDP of several African nations. Whatever.

I remember the times when you were on here and were in a lather about the potentiality of coming 4th and were orgasmic about signing someone from the Siberian League for 5 million Euros and 8 goats. What happened to that man? Where is he?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just youtubed Lucas Moura.