Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Your Team's Season: 2012-13

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by RaoulDuke View Post
    Balotelli to AC Milan apparently done deal.

whoa

Bleh.

I wish the deal with Kaka didn't fall through.

Quote Originally Posted by The Turk View Post
    BD?
    Yeah man, name change some time back.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Soberphobia View Post
    Yeah man, name change some time back.
    damn I had no idea

Quote Originally Posted by RaoulDuke View Post
    I think even at his age, and once he gets in shape, hell be fine in Ligue1. Hes been brought for one thing: marketing. There were 150+ journalist for the press conference. I just dont really see how well use him. Were stacked practically everywhere.

For all the fluff around him, I genuinely respect the athlete. Im not a big fan of the way he plays but I think hes gifted, humble and very professional. I think when the other guys on the team see him on the bench and not complaining, theyll stop and maybe think twice before b*tching.
    But will he at least pick up the restaurant tab this time?

That story still kills me.

I'll try to keep this short since my team will be of absolutely no interest to anyone!

So I'm twenty-six years old and my team are Greenock Morton. Morton were last in the Scottish Premier Division in 1988 which made me one at the time and so to all intents and purposes I've never been cognisant of them ever being in the top tier (or anything other than in the doldrums to be honest).

However at the time of writing we are currently top of the First Division with eight games to play having not been in a comparable position since 1996! So it's exciting times at the moment as you can imagine.

Now I know this is well of the beaten track in terms of interest and glamour to casual fans so I'm sorry if this is boring to anyone, however I am sure as fellow football fans you can empathise with the nerves and anxiety and excitement I'm going through at the moment as my club try to achieve something I've never seen nor thought would ever happen to us.

There is a caveat though which is making this season all the more pressurised. Finances are so tight and crowds so sparse in Scottish football at present that we will be going part-time next season unless some great cash injection comes in to the club. Being out of both cup competitions basically means we need to win this division and promotion the the Premier League or else we will go part-time and never be able to do it again.

So it's all or nothing and it's been incredibly exciting and panic-strewn throughout. If anyone is interested the table stands as such:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/...first-division

We have been in an epic battle with Partick Thistle all season and we're down to the final furlong now. Though we're top and have been for a long time now, Thistle have the games in hand. However, due to continued bad weather all winter, they've had these fixtures continually postponed. Something like ten times IIRC. This is a list of our remaining fixtures:

http://www.gmfc.net/Fixtures/

In spite of Scotland playing a World Cup qualifier tonight, we do play tomorrow afternoon at home in a game we simply must win. I'll be there and am already nervous as hell however it's much better this than fighting relegation from the division I suppose.

This has dragged on much longer than I hoped so I apologise but I hope even one or two of you had a passing interest. Sure, we're hardly at the pinnacle of world football but it's a nice story and obviously one of deep personal emotion to me. I will keep you all posted and wish us luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Glasgow_Jet View Post
    I'll try to keep this short since my team will be of absolutely no interest to anyone!

So I'm twenty-six years old and my team are Greenock Morton. Morton were last in the Scottish Premier Division in 1988 which made me one at the time and so to all intents and purposes I've never been cognisant of them ever being in the top tier (or anything other than in the doldrums to be honest).

However at the time of writing we are currently top of the First Division with eight games to play having not been in a comparable position since 1996! So it's exciting times at the moment as you can imagine.

Now I know this is well of the beaten track in terms of interest and glamour to casual fans so I'm sorry if this is boring to anyone, however I am sure as fellow football fans you can empathise with the nerves and anxiety and excitement I'm going through at the moment as my club try to achieve something I've never seen nor thought would ever happen to us.

There is a caveat though which is making this season all the more pressurised. Finances are so tight and crowds so sparse in Scottish football at present that we will be going part-time next season unless some great cash injection comes in to the club. Being out of both cup competitions basically means we need to win this division and promotion the the Premier League or else we will go part-time and never be able to do it again.

So it's all or nothing and it's been incredibly exciting and panic-strewn throughout. If anyone is interested the table stands as such:

We have been in an epic battle with Partick Thistle all season and we're down to the final furlong now. Though we're top and have been for a long time now, Thistle have the games in hand. However, due to continued bad weather all winter, they've had these fixtures continually postponed. Something like ten times IIRC. This is a list of our remaining fixtures:

In spite of Scotland playing a World Cup qualifier tonight, we do play tomorrow afternoon at home in a game we simply must win. I'll be there and am already nervous as hell however it's much better this than fighting relegation from the division I suppose.

This has dragged on much longer than I hoped so I apologise but I hope even one or two of you had a passing interest. Sure, we're hardly at the pinnacle of world football but it's a nice story and obviously one of deep personal emotion to me. I will keep you all posted and wish us luck!
    That's an awesome story, good for you! Good luck to your boys!

Quote Originally Posted by DevsJetsYanks88 View Post
    That's an awesome story, good for you! Good luck to your boys!
    Thank you mate, I appreciate that!

Quote Originally Posted by Glasgow_Jet View Post

Best of luck man! Hard not to pull for these guys.

Quote Originally Posted by frostlich View Post
    Best of luck man! Hard not to pull for these guys.
    Thanks mate! That's kind of you!

I'm just home from the game today and I'm absolutely freezing but ecstatic!

We've been battered with snow and the temperature at kick off was 1. The gale force winds made it feel like -10 or something.

At half-time I was debating whether or not to leave and the weather wasn't the only reason for that. We didn't even have a shot at goal in the first half, we were losing 0-2 and our rivals for the title, Partick Thistle were leading 4-0. Basically our hopes for the league were gone realistically at that point.

But not for the first time this season an almighty come back in the second half with four goals in twenty minutes won the day! Though they went on to win their game 6-1, I would think Thistle fans will be the more disappointed as we were dead and buried at half time and they had one hand on the championship.

We live to fight another week!

Just a soccer fan in general and try to watch as many big European games as possible but root for Man City and AC Milan in Italy

Balotelli is unreal right now, anyone see his goal against Brazil for the Italian national team the other day?

Balotelli and El Shaarawy....maybe Niang will be a great young attack for years to come for Milan

youtube.com/watch?v=yHdcxTYe7Sg

Quote Originally Posted by King Koopa View Post
    Just a soccer fan in general and try to watch as many big European games as possible but root for Man City and AC Milan in Italy

Balotelli is unreal right now, anyone see his goal against Brazil for the Italian national team the other day?

Balotelli and El Shaarawy....maybe Niang will be a great young attack for years to come for Milan

youtube.com/watch?v=yHdcxTYe7Sg
    I'm not a fan of Balotelli but great goal.

Yeah, Milan have developed into a very promising young team over the season and they could give Juve all the can handle in the race for the Scudetto next year.