Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Your Team's Season: 2012-13

We started the season being rubbish, we're still pretty rubbish and I'm sure we'll end the season being rubbish.
    On the plus side we have managed to beat West Ham and at the moment at least, QPR are even more rubbish then us.

Quote Originally Posted by Royals & Jets View Post
    We started the season being rubbish, we're still pretty rubbish and I'm sure we'll end the season being rubbish.
    On the plus side we have managed to beat West Ham and at the moment at least, QPR are even more rubbish then us.
    Things could be worse: you could be supporting Blackburn.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Soberphobia View Post
    So let me get this straight: coming first, disappointed with that - your main striker has scored 18 goals and is a beast but also refuses to run, another disappointment. Ho hum. Still in the Champions League in January (yawn). Just signed some Brazilian no-name for around 45 million Euros, the combined GDP of several African nations. Whatever.

I remember the times when you were on here and were in a lather about the potentiality of coming 4th and were orgasmic about signing someone from the Siberian League for 5 million Euros and 8 goats. What happened to that man? Where is he?

Money does that to people

Seriously, the talent gap between us and everyone else is insane, there should be no competition. We got off to a slow start, getting pushed around a bit. The truth is, without zlatan, we're not in first place. He's saved our asses a ton of times. Once we start playing like a team, instead of bunch of individualities, we'll destroy everyone in L1

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Soberphobia View Post
    Just youtubed Lucas Moura.

Jets Insider VIP
    Currently 3rd on the table. Fcuk Chelsea.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by RaoulDuke View Post
    Money does that to people

Seriously, the talent gap between us and everyone else is insane, there should be no competition. We got off to a slow start, getting pushed around a bit. The truth is, without zlatan, we're not in first place. He's saved our asses a ton of times. Once we start playing like a team, instead of bunch of individualities, we'll destroy everyone in L1
    Ironically, that'll never happen with Zlatan on the team

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Unfortunately I haven't been able to watch Milan at all this year. Al Jezeera bought the rights to Serie A from Fox Soccer, which used to broadcast almost every game here in the States. Now Al Jezeera has some obscure sports channel with not even half the market reach Fox had.

I have to say, though, another problem is that it's not the same old Milan anymore. Change is definitely a good thing for any sports franchise, but this is hardly the team of old. Homegrown, hardnosed talent like Seedorf, Gattuso, and Inzaghi just doesn't exist. I had high hopes for Pato but ego and injuries wrecked his career. When they let Pirlo walk and he joined Juventus I was shocked. They couldn't even hold onto Ibra for a significant amount of time (which also led to Cassano leaving, who was having a really nice resurgence with the club).

There's no loyalty to one club anymore. Guys like Maldini, Totti, Buffon, etc were rare breeds.

Veteran
    Holy phuck we've just signed Wesley Sneijder

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by The Turk View Post
    Nice.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Turk View Post
    Sweet

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    Sweet
    Heard Kaka is going back to Milan.

Veteran
    we need some sort of a draft to get this place going again

that or import a sewerbird so I can teach you all how to creatively express your hate in Turkish over and over again and you guys can reciprocate in French and Italian...that'd be fun n'est pas?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Really? That's very interesting. How's his career been in Madrid? I don't follow La Liga at all.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    Really? That's very interesting. How's his career been in Madrid? I don't follow La Liga at all.
    I believe he was released this month

Sober, it must be nice to finally see a healthy Liverpool club... Adding Sturridge was brilliant, Rodgers really has done right by the club so far...

I'm still trying to find a team I can support fully and devote time and energy to but I'm heavily leaning towards them.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post

I'm still trying to find a team I can support fully and devote time and energy to but I'm heavily leaning towards them.
    I've followed the EPL as a whole for quite a while, but just last year picked up Newcastle as my team. Boy, has that turned into a backfire this year.

Saw last night that negotiations fell through.

Jets Insider VIP
    Nothing better than stealing a point from Man U during extra time and hearing Fergie b***h about the officiating afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by DevsJetsYanks88 View Post
    I've followed the EPL as a whole for quite a while, but just last year picked up Newcastle as my team. Boy, has that turned into a backfire this year.
    Oh man... What made you go that route? The team is like half French

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    Oh man... What made you go that route? The team is like half French
    LOL

Eh, I like Ba and Cisse, team was making a nice push last season, didn't want to go the predictable Man U route, and my friends are a bunch of Liverpool fans with a few Tottenham sprinkled in. Decided to be an odd ball.