Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Get on the bus
    they'll be lining up soon

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

All Pro
    no thanks. I'm done with high profile rookie QBs.

Gimme a vet with some poise.

Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post

You only get long term stability at the position by drafting a QB in the 1st round. It's actually the safest way. Drew Brees only made it to the market because of his injury.

Get on the bus
    Idk how I feel about Wilson, this entire draft class doesn't really do it for me. But convince me UT lol, I have been wandering in the desert known as Sanchez-dom. Haven't been following college QBs well enough.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMo View Post
    Idk how I feel about Wilson, this entire draft class doesn't really do it for me. But convince me UT lol, I have been wandering in the desert known as Sanchez-dom. Haven't been following college QBs well enough.
    I don't really love any of the QBs this year, but I like Wilson better than Barkley.

Get on the bus
    only if rex goes. he has no interest in developing a qb or an offense.

JetsInsider.com Legend

I don't want some stop gap gamemanager.

I want our own version of Matt Ryan, Joe Flacco, Andy Dalton, etc.

A young, franchise QB that can be the focal point of this offense for years to come.

We struck out on Sanchez, but that shouldn't scare us into halting our search for a legit QB.

All Pro
    I don't want some stop gap gamemanager.

I want our own version of Matt Ryan, Joe Flacco, Andy Dalton, etc.

A young, franchise QB that can be the focal point of this offense for years to come.

We struck out on Sanchez, but that shouldn't scare us into halting our search for a legit QB.
    I need to see more from Wilson to buy into him on the scale you're suggesting.

You could make an argument though, that we are NO longer a win now team. We're on the cusp of full on rebuilding. RBs, WRs, LBs... everywhere

I need to see more from Wilson to buy into him on the scale you're suggesting.

You could make an argument though, that we are NO longer a win now team. We're on the cusp of full on rebuilding. RBs, WRs, LBs... everywhere
    Pretty much. This is starting to feel like 2005, when the team just got devastated by injuries.

All Pro
    I prefer Duke's Sean Renfre.

But even with that,i would love to see a swap of Sanchez and Freeman. Even if it means Freeman ends up as the Backup.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59NUA...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KOr3YDeWNc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMb7W...eature=related

ANY QB that's *not* from USC, I'm interested in.

USC QB's SUCK when it comes to being NFL-caliber!

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Tyler Wilson, QB, Arkansas
    Height: 6-3. Weight: 220.
    Projected 40 Time: 4.80.
    Projected Round (2013): Top 25.
    9/5/12: Arkansas blew out Jacksonville State and Wilson had an easy game. He completed 19-of-27 passes for 367 yards with three touchdowns and zero interceptions.

8/16/12: Wilson completed 63 percent of his passes in 2011 for 3,638 yards with 24 touchdowns and six interceptions. The 6-foot-3, 220-pounder has good field vision, a strong arm and accuracy. He played better as the year progressed.

Wilson has the look of an NFL quarterback. He stands tall in the pocket and reads defenses well. The decision making the junior displayed last season was very impressive.

Wilson has a strong arm and is an accurate passer. He demonstrated the ability to push the ball outside the numbers in 2011, moving the ball down the field with precision passes. Wilson also has nice mobility to buy time or pick up yards on the ground. With his size, arm and intellect, he will most likely be viewed as a possible safe pick to scouts.

Wilson played a little bit in 2010 as a backup to Ryan Mallett. Wilson completed 34-of-51 passes for 453 yards with four touchdowns and three interceptions.

The 2012 season figures to be a challenging year for Wilson even though he received good preparation for the pro game from Bobby Petrino. Petrino has been fired and the Arkansas program is in turmoil. To make things harder, Wilson lost a bunch of good receivers.

Wilson's separated shoulder this year worries me. Would rather see us use our 1 elsewhere and go for EJ Manuel in the 2nd

Jets Insider VIP
    He sucks in coverage.

We'll be drafting too high to pick Wilson. Think Geno Smith/Matt Barkley/Tyler Bray

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Obviously, the landscape will change between now and next April. But we need a new GM, etc to be able to make the important decisions. Tyler Wilson seems to be the kind of QB that will get right in his receiver/backs faces when they mess up. A quality that Sanchez lacks.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    He sucks in coverage.
    lol

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by DRevis24 View Post
    We'll be drafting too high to pick Wilson. Think Geno Smith/Matt Barkley/Tyler Bray
    If Rex and Tanny are still here we'll be drafting the highest rated DE.