Undrafted Free Agent

Lose them all and draft Geno!

.....Just a suggestion from a diehard Mountaineer

Jets Insider VIP
    Glad to see an unbiased opinion.

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by wvjet View Post
    .....Just a suggestion from a diehard Mountaineer
    If you need a pro style QB, the guy from Duke, Oregon State or Arkansas would be a better fit.

Undrafted Free Agent
    I guess I missed the game when the kid from Duke threw for 650 yards and 8 TD's

Practice Squad
    I guess I missed the game when the kid from Duke threw for 650 yards and 8 TD's
    I missed the fact that Smith is a system QB like every other WVU QB before him. Or do you need me to bring up Pat White?

Undrafted Free Agent
    He's not Pat White. He was recruited as a drop back passer in Bill Stewart's system. Holgorsen changed the offense and Geno adapted. I will meet you back here in 2 years to say "I told you so"

Practice Squad
    He's not Pat White. He was recruited as a drop back passer in Bill Stewart's system. Holgorsen changed the offense and Geno adapted. I will meet you back here in 2 years to say "I told you so"
    Okay, but here's the thing: He might very well be good, but all the teams they've played either have no defense, or they outright suck. Baylor, really? James Madison? Marshall?

We'll see if you'll be saying "I told you so" or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Schadenfreude View Post
    I missed the fact that Smith is a system QB like every other WVU QB before him. Or do you need me to bring up Pat White?
    The fact that you are comparing a drop-back pocket passer to Pat White is just comical. White also played under a different coach in a different system so there's that too

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Schadenfreude View Post
    Considering they don't have the same system that they had when Pat White was there, that's a pretty stupid argument.

Undrafted Free Agent
    We will see next week in Austin. Btw....I'm disgusted with today's game. You know who is not an NFL style QB????? Sanchez! And Tebow isn't any better. We need to draft a QB and I think Geno is the real deal. My biased opinion

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    The fact that you are comparing a drop-back pocket passer to Pat White is just comical. White also played under a different coach in a different system so there's that too
    Fair enough. But don't you think it's a little suspicious to say he's a first round pick after putting up ridiculous numbers against cupcakes?

And before you mention Baylor, their defense is terrible; they gave up 40 to a Sun Belt school.