Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: We need to rebuild

  1. #1
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    6,725

    We need to rebuild

    Tanny must be replaced. His replacement should hire new coaching staff. Draft a new QB.

    GM Not Good
    HC Not Good
    QB Not Good

  2. #2
    Said ha many times on many threads and was called everything in the book. But it sucks to be right in this case.

    L

  3. #3
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    6,725
    Quote Originally Posted by srobjets View Post
    Said ha many times on many threads and was called everything in the book. But it sucks to be right in this case.

    L
    Agreed. I gave this FO, Coaching Staff and Sanchez every chance. I tried to stay positive, but now there's no more dreams left. This franchise is a joke. We need to start from scratch.

  4. #4
    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

  5. #5
    Yeah, let's praise Sparano as a guru. Fire this putz today. Other than the Kotex abomination, Sparano's hiring is one of the most astounding debacles in Jet history. SUCKS!

  6. #6
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    4,706
    I'd love to see our younger guys on D get a considerable amount of snaps, see what exactly we have with guys like Coples, Davis and Ellis. Unfortunately Rex doesn't have the luxury of his job being completely safe, so it's unlikely he will give the younger guys more snaps, unless he thinks they give them the best chance to win.

  7. #7
    Sparano is a genius. Do you really think that Mouth and Bean Counter would hire someone who isn't?

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by iahawkeyejet View Post
    I'd love to see our younger guys on D get a considerable amount of snaps, see what exactly we have with guys like Coples, Davis and Ellis. Unfortunately Rex doesn't have the luxury of his job being completely safe, so it's unlikely he will give the younger guys more snaps, unless he thinks they give them the best chance to win.
    More JAGs whose skirts Rex has blown up.

  9. #9
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    4,706
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    More JAGs whose skirts Rex has blown up.
    Easy. Coples played very well today. Ellis has shown plenty of flashes. Davis hasn't really an opportunity outside of ST, but he sure showed the athleticism we desperately need.

  10. #10
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    2,863
    The talent on this team can stop the run. They just don't have the fire in them. I have seen worse players come into the steelers and play better. There is no pride on this team. None! Not a single person can argue against that.

  11. #11
    Four decades of rebuilding? Hey, why not make it 5 decades? This franchise just plain out sucks. It`s fitting though. The stadium sucks, the fans pretty much suck, the team sucks, the Meadowlands sucks, NJ sucks, my vacuum sucks. Look on the bright side. You can always sell your tickets to opposing fans on vacation here. Sounded like thousands of 49`ers fans there today. Jets STH`s must have made some good money this week.

  12. #12
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    6,725
    It really starts with the GM. As Tony pointed out in the draft forum, League insiders laugh at the Jets for having an accountant make football decisions. As SAR pointed out, Rex is not HC material.

    As some other posters have pointed out, bringing in Bill Polian as GM might be a good move.

    We can no longer use 2 AFCCG losses as an excuse for Rex and his circus.

    I was actually happy with the Tebow signing, but the Jets don't have a clue on how to use him.

    We need to bring in someone that can draft well. We need a coaching staff that can develop that talent and manage the games. We need a QB and someone that can rush the QB.

    The wheels have come off and the proof is that The jets seem to have lost the ability to block and tackle. Basic football!

  13. #13
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    California
    Posts
    3,548
    Agreed.

    Under Rex we always had an awful Offense and a great defense, but now we have an awful offense and an awful defense, its time to start over.

    Good bye Rex!

  14. #14
    I posted this at the end of last season and my post got dumped. I said until they clean house this will never get fixed.
    Last edited by nyjets1969; 09-30-2012 at 04:58 PM.

  15. #15
    We need more of a reloading then a rebuild. We have a good OL, DL, and DBs. There actually is a good base on this team. We need LBs, a QB, and a RB. RB I think can be found easy they just need to stop looking for a grinder IMO. It is not working for them. QB we just don't have a lot of options. We can draft one next year or try to trade for Romo. The FA has no one exp maybe Campbell. WE NEED TO DRAFT A OLB! It is crazy that 2 years in a row it was our biggest need and we ignored it.

  16. #16
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    6,725
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    We need more of a reloading then a rebuild. We have a good OL, DL, and DBs. There actually is a good base on this team. We need LBs, a QB, and a RB. RB I think can be found easy they just need to stop looking for a grinder IMO. It is not working for them. QB we just don't have a lot of options. We can draft one next year or try to trade for Romo. The FA has no one exp maybe Campbell. WE NEED TO DRAFT A OLB! It is crazy that 2 years in a row it was our biggest need and we ignored it.
    Getting better players won't help. We need a new GM HC & coaching staff.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    We need more of a reloading then a rebuild. We have a good OL, DL, and DBs. There actually is a good base on this team. We need LBs, a QB, and a RB. RB I think can be found easy they just need to stop looking for a grinder IMO. It is not working for them. QB we just don't have a lot of options. We can draft one next year or try to trade for Romo. The FA has no one exp maybe Campbell. WE NEED TO DRAFT A OLB! It is crazy that 2 years in a row it was our biggest need and we ignored it.
    Good defensive lineman? Hardly. Offensive Line---then why can't we run? Trade for Romo? You have to be kidding.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by rextilleon View Post
    Good defensive lineman? Hardly. Offensive Line---then why can't we run? Trade for Romo? You have to be kidding.
    The DL is not a big issue. Young maybe but they are a solid group. A 3-4 DL isn't where the pressure comes from and they do a good job stuffing wholes and lanes. Our LBs just aren't getting the pressure or picking up the run. Why cant we run. Gore had 3.1 YPC and Greene had 3.0. They are both pretty pedestrian IMO. There is no flash in our run game. We have McKnight but never use him. We just don't have the back to take advantage I guess. The fact that Colin Kaepernick did today what we signed Tebow to do pretty much sums up our run game IMO.

    Yeah I can see us trading for Romo because that is what this team has done after failing in the draft at QB. If Romo does win a PO game he is up for a new deal and Jones likely will not be looking to hand him the moon. Dallas finishes last in the division IMO and Jones will clean house. I can see him trading Romo then trading up in the draft.

  19. #19
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Oswego County, Upstate NY, USA with my wife and family.
    Posts
    370

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by The Band View Post
    Four decades of rebuilding? Hey, why not make it 5 decades? This franchise just plain out sucks. It`s fitting though. The stadium sucks, the fans pretty much suck, the team sucks, the Meadowlands sucks, NJ sucks, my vacuum sucks. Look on the bright side. You can always sell your tickets to opposing fans on vacation here. Sounded like thousands of 49`ers fans there today. Jets STH`s must have made some good money this week.
    +1.

  20. #20
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Bailey, CO
    Posts
    321
    Losing Reavis and Holmes are probably right where you want to start if you are talking rebuilding. The Jets can't carry those two contracts and expect to rebuild.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us