Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Go with McElroy.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by shakin318 View Post
    Give the kid the next 12 games, see if you got anything in him, and go from there. Sanchez ain't the answer, Tebow ain't the answer.
    No. Just no.

I'd rather see Tebow.

But it doesn't really matter.

The Jets are the Bucs. They are the Jaguars. They are the Browns.

They're not going anywhere.

Hall Of Fame
    LOL. The irony.
    Morans the lot of them.

Quote Originally Posted by jet-sec125 View Post
    One reporter asked Rex if he considered McElroy today and Rex responded he wasn't active. You think the press would know the inactives.
    Actually Rex said he wasn't up. Maybe he was still sleeping, poor boy needs his rest. Man we suck.

Give the kid the next 12 games, see if you got anything in him, and go from there. Sanchez ain't the answer, Tebow ain't the answer.
    They better get a new offensive line before they put anyone else in the qb spot. That line can't block for the qb or the running backs. They are the main problem and I'm no Sanchez fan.

Quote Originally Posted by adoom View Post
    They better get a new offensive line before they put anyone else in the qb spot. That line can't block for the qb or the running backs. They are the main problem and I'm no Sanchez fan.
    Horse hockey. Sanchez had time today.

Jets Insider VIP
    Mangold has been failing to reach his lofty standards. Slauson is going through the motion because he will be gone next year. Moore has slipped. Brick still is not a good run blocker and the book is still open on Howard.

Overall the OL is not playing as a unit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Go Jets!

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    I think Tebow can be effective but McElroy is a winner! He won in the SEC and has a great way about him. Lets see if he can win in the NFL.
    That arm you label as a weak arm won a NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP ! He has won at every level. .
    whatever you are drinking is making you sound silly! We are talking about McElroy not Tebow! Wake up if you can!
    Umm your first two posts clearly describe Tebow as well. Tebow had more success in college, also won a national championship and a Heisman and has had success in the NFL level.

That said i am much more in favor of seeing McElroy at this point!

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jet-sec125 View Post
    One reporter asked Rex if he considered McElroy today and Rex responded he wasn't active. You think the press would know the inactives.
    The rule was just changed with the new CBA. Prior to 2011 there was a "3rd QB" on the inactive roster that could play. If he did play the other 2 QB would be ineligible to re-enter the game.

Here is the new rule:

The third quarterback rule was instituted for the 1991 NFL season in reaction to a 1990 game between the Washington Redskins and Philadelphia Eagles. In that game—sometimes called "The Body Bag Game"—Redskins lost both starting quarterback Jeff Rutledge and backup Stan Humphries to injuries. Without a third quarterback on their active roster, Washington had to either use a different player for that position or forfeit the game. Brian Mitchell, a running back who played quarterback in college, completed the game in the quarterback position. The Redskins lost to the Eagles, 28-14.[4]
    The rule was abolished for the 2011 season. There is now no third quarterback exception and the active roster has been increased from 45 to 46.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by 3rd_Times_A_Charm View Post
    To be fair, Tebow hasn't really had a chance yet.

what was he doing in Denver?

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by BrickHouse View Post
    what was he doing in Denver?

Quote Originally Posted by Sexi Rexi View Post
    Umm your first two posts clearly describe Tebow as well. Tebow had more success in college, also won a national championship and a Heisman and has had success in the NFL level.

That said i am much more in favor of seeing McElroy at this point!
    Good points all of them.

Just found this across my Twitter a few ago...

@MMehtaNYDN Rex asked if decision not to make QB change was tied to Sanchez's contract. Rex said no. As he walked off, he angrily said, "Nice question"

Itís time to call Vinny and see if heís free next Sunday.

No seriously, this is why signing Tebow what a huge mistake...the guy canít throw. If Tanny were a true GM, and not some bean counter, this team would have a decent #2 in place to step in and relieve Sanchez.

I donít know whatís sadder, the fact that we,the fans,see this reality and still keep supporting this team. or that Woody simply doesnít see that his team is nothing but a circus show and doesnít care beacuse the cash registers still keeps ringing.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    i agree start mcelroy at least give us hope. sanchez gives us nothing.

I have to agree....nothing to lose by starting McElroy....

Sanchez is only regressing, Tebow IS NOT the answer!

Lets see what McElroy can do, let him play!!!

All Pro
    Yeah, you're right. Luckily his only glaring weakness is in the ability to throw the ball -- so that shouldn't be a problem at QB.
    Who says the off-season did not help they were saying the same thing about brees and rodgers after the first 2 seasons.........not saying hw will be either but he deserves a chance afterall mark has had a decade and still can not figure out when the db's are going to jump his passes so lets give him another extension...........yeah that is a much better winning formula than giving tebow a try.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    No. Just no.

I'd rather see Tebow.

But it doesn't really matter.

The Jets are the Bucs. They are the Jaguars. They are the Browns.

They're not going anywhere.
    all 3 of those teams have better RBs than us, in fact the backups for the bucs and jags (blount and jennings) are better than our guys, their defenses our prob better than ours too

That arm you label as a weak arm won a NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP ! He has won at every level. Are we winning against tough teams now? Id give the kid a chance. And guess what? They said Montana had a weak arm. Ditto Brady. Let the kid play and we will see what develops.
    LOL

Who R U talking about...Tebow or McElroy...chuckle...

sad to say but McElroy is the best QB on this roster

If the Jets lose their next two games the Tebow package will be in full force and he will play more than 50% of each game. McElroy is an after thought to the Jets.

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    If the Jets lose their next two games the Tebow package will be in full force and he will play more than 50% of each game. McElroy is an after thought to the Jets.
    Currently he is an afterthought and that is why this tebow thing is such a disaster.

Any other franchise would have a player on the roster that they drafted with their 4th round pick, and when their starter struggles in a big way, they turn to the kid they have been developing and see if he can be the answer.

McElroy is a tough competitor, who won a lot of college games, can move in the pocket and most importantly, CANNOT POSSIBLY be more inaccurate then sanchez is right now.

Not being able to at least give him a look, in regular season NFL action, would be a travesty by the organization. Less heralded college players then McElroy (see matt hassleback, Romo, matt moore, etc) have come into the league and showed they belong. We will never know what we have if we dont take a look