Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Go with McElroy.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AmericanMadman View Post
    McElroy is not the answer. I like him as a back up/spot duty, but I mean really are you going to build a team around him. He might do better then sanchez but that isn't saying much at his point. Go with tebow see if he can get better over the year as a qb and go from there. Most likely draft a new qb, and get rid of the freaking holdover qb coach we have.
    We have seen Tebow and it's ugly. Tell me why McElroy is not the answer? Go ahead and claim he has a weak arm (that you have never seen). He is not Drew Breeze but he is a game managing, smart QB.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by parafly View Post
    McElroy has been impressive in spots, but I'm worried about the lack of arm strength.

The current situation with Sanchez is exactly the reason why we should have stayed away from the entire Tebow situation. We're stuck with a player who is crashing and burning and a player who can't run a traditional NFL offense.

Wouldn't it be nice to have Drew Stanton on the roster right about now?
    That arm you label as a weak arm won a NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP ! He has won at every level. Are we winning against tough teams now? Id give the kid a chance. And guess what? They said Montana had a weak arm. Ditto Brady. Let the kid play and we will see what develops.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Funaz View Post
    No Sanchez is bad, McElroy is much worse, but at this point what's it matter.
    and you know this , how? Preseason games with the third team! Wow! You surely have impressive skills in personnel evaluation!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    That arm you label as a weak arm won a NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP ! He has won at every level. Are we winning against tough teams now? Id give the kid a chance. And guess what? They said Montana had a weak arm. Ditto Brady. Let the kid play and we will see what develops.
    If McElroy ever starts for the Jets, he will have the weakest arm for starting QB's in the NFL. This is based on scouting reports coming out of college and what has been witnessed during preseason.

I do agree with you about giving him a chance though.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think McElroy's arm = Colt McCoy for Cleveland (and that's not saying much)

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by shakin318 View Post
    Is it Kentucky Jet or Kreskin Jet? There's absolutely no grey area to what I am saying:

-- Sanchez is not the answer at QB.

-- Tebow is not the answer at QB.

-- Might as well see if we have anything in McElroy before we use our top 3 draft pick next year.
    Its Kentucky Jet and I stand by what I said previously! But I do agree that McElroy must get some playing time and so should Tebow.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    So did Vince Young and countless others. You know better than Elway? jeez... How much Kool aid can one man drink.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lageman4ever View Post
    I think McElroy's arm = Colt McCoy for Cleveland (and that's not saying much)
    McCoy ever win in the SEC over a period of time? How about a National championship? McElroy's arm looked alot stronger this year. Ever hear that Brady was reputed to have a weak arm coming out of college. That is why he was drafted so low!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    So did Vince Young and countless others. You know better than Elway? jeez... How much Kool aid can one man drink.
    whatever you are drinking is making you sound silly! We are talking about McElroy not Tebow! Wake up if you can!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanchez 3:16 View Post
    yes. the best way to go is waving the white flag in week 4 when you're tied for first place in your division.

stick to hunting deer. there's a reason why professionals run the NY Jets and we all express our opinions on message boards.
    Being tied for 1st place in week 4 is completely irrelevant in this case. Sanchez is clearly the WORST QB in the league right now. The CS replacing him I would imagine couldn't make things any worse than they already are.

It would stand to reason that McElroy could only be better. Sanchez is horribly inaccurate. At least we know McElroy will complete more than 50% of his passes to our team.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    Being tied for 1st place in week 4 is completely irrelevant in this case. Sanchez is clearly the WORST QB in the league right now. The CS replacing him I would imagine couldn't make things any worse than they already are.

It would stand to reason that McElroy could only be better. Sanchez is horribly inaccurate. At least we know McElroy will complete more than 50% of his passes to our team.
    i agree start mcelroy at least give us hope. sanchez gives us nothing.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    You don't know until he gets a look, make Mclroy the back up. Enough with the Tebow project, trade him for a draft pik. make Mclroy replace Sanchez when Mark screws up on Monday. Next year Sancez is a Raider I predict.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    McElroy cannot win with this "weapons"

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by shakin318 View Post
    Give the kid the next 12 games, see if you got anything in him, and go from there. Sanchez ain't the answer, Tebow ain't the answer.
    I don't think they should give up on Sanchez completely but he should get the hook for McElroy the next time he plays like he did today (probably will be next week).

Sanchez has never been removed for bad play since he's gotten here and that's a problem. What's disturbing is that even after bringing in Tebow and having a talented prospect like McElroy on the bench Sanchez still has no accountability for his play. He just keeps on going no matter how bad he plays.

If there was any game in the 4 years he's been here that he deserved to get benched it was today. Very disappointed Rex didn't pull the trigger.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 3rd_Times_A_Charm View Post
    To be fair, Tebow hasn't really had a chance yet.
    To be fair????? WTF? is this tee ball?

I haven't had a chance either.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    agreed but around here the Sanchez fans have a need to dump on TEBOW as a way to protect their MARK. but Id like to see McElroy get some playing time with our ones. I think Tebow can be effective but McElroy is a winner! He won in the SEC and has a great way about him. Lets see if he can win in the NFL.
    I am a Sanchez support and I like Tebow but there's no way I want to see him as a full time starter. If Sanchez is replaced I would much rather see McElroy.

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by JetzIL View Post
    I am a Sanchez support and I like Tebow but there's no way I want to see him as a full time starter. If Sanchez is replaced I would much rather see McElroy.
    +1!!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    By mid3rd quarter the entire section 116 was chanting McElroy. You noodle arm weiners are just echoing the press. Get a thought of your own for gods sake.

Yes, the WRs were not open. But Sancheezes throws were horrible. Bring in McElroy and let's see if the noodle arm morons are correct. How could it possibly be worse than today?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    One reporter asked Rex if he considered McElroy today and Rex responded he wasn't active. You think the press would know the inactives.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    cant be worse than the other 2 bums