Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Go with McElroy.

Quote Originally Posted by rammagen View Post
    McElroy sucks sorry to burst your bubble but he has no arm. Besides with these receivers anyone out there will look piss poor genious
    Sure...Sanchez's dad...little secret, Sanchez sucks a lot worse

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by usapaw View Post
    No Sanchez is bad, McElroy is much worse, but at this point what's it matter.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by shakin318 View Post
    Is it Kentucky Jet or Kreskin Jet? There's absolutely no grey area to what I am saying:

-- Sanchez is not the answer at QB.

-- Tebow is not the answer at QB.

-- Might as well see if we have anything in McElroy before we use our top 3 draft pick next year.
    and you know this because of a few pre-season games?

At this point let's use Tebow and run a triple option or single wing offense. We're going to lose the next 12 games so might as well make it interesting.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Monster_Green View Post
    AGREED! 4 Year plan with Sanchez is coming to an end, this can't continue. McElroy is the best QB on this team!!!
    I was calling for him last year...he is without a doubt in my mind better than sucky.

I agree. Go with McElroy for one primary reason - he's the only QB that should have a chance at being on the roster next season.

It won't happen, but I wouldn't be upset if he got 12 games to show that he's got long-term ability as a backup. I still don't think he has an NFL-caliber arm, but maybe he can develop into a decent 2nd-stringer.

Would be perfectly okay if I never saw Mark Sanchez play another down as QB of the NYJ.

Give the kid the next 12 games, see if you got anything in him, and go from there. Sanchez ain't the answer, Tebow ain't the answer.
    AGREED. I think that would be the best way to go. Lets use this season as an opportunity to see if we have any QB's to keep. We know Sanchez is garbage and we'll need to parts ways with him, but do we have legitimate 2nd and 3rd string QB's on this team?

I want to see us run some really adventurous stuff with Tebow and McElroy splitting the snaps evenly between them, lots of misdirection with McKnight, etc.

Tony's gotta know this offense isn't gonna be pretty if we run it conventionally, especially with Holmes on the shelf. Let's see what we can do with smoke and mirrors. It will be a hell of a lot more fun to watch, for starters.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by GreenWave View Post
    I agree. Go with McElroy for one primary reason - he's the only QB that should have a chance at being on the roster next season.

It won't happen, but I wouldn't be upset if he got 12 games to show that he's got long-term ability as a backup. I still don't think he has an NFL-caliber arm, but maybe he can develop into a decent 2nd-stringer.

Would be perfectly okay if I never saw Mark Sanchez play another down as QB of the NYJ.
    +2

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by ucrenegade View Post
    and you know this because of a few pre-season games?
    Yeah, you're right. Luckily his only glaring weakness is in the ability to throw the ball -- so that shouldn't be a problem at QB.

Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    AGREED. I think that would be the best way to go. Lets use this season as an opportunity to see if we have any QB's to keep. We know Sanchez is garbage and we'll need to parts ways with him, but do we have legitimate 2nd and 3rd string QB's on this team?
    yes. the best way to go is waving the white flag in week 4 when you're tied for first place in your division.

stick to hunting deer. there's a reason why professionals run the NY Jets and we all express our opinions on message boards.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sanchez 3:16 View Post
    yes. the best way to go is waving the white flag in week 4 when you're tied for first place in your division.

stick to hunting deer. there's a reason why professionals run the NY Jets and we all express our opinions on message boards.
    LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Sanchez 3:16 View Post

your'e right,maybe Sanchez will not throw 3 picks next week and by golly he might even get some first downs. He is terrible. 3:16 this .

Quote Originally Posted by usapaw View Post

Bite me Mclroy sucks worse then sanchez or tebow he does not have a pro arm.
    And No I am not sanchez's father nice try, but mcredneck still sucks and is not a starter.
    Besides the point anyone you put into this situation is going to bite. No receivers no running game. That is the part that amazes me the most the people here hating without noticing how bad the rest of the offense is talent wise

Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    agreed but around here the Sanchez fans have a need to dump on TEBOW as a way to protect their MARK. but Id like to see McElroy get some playing time with our ones. I think Tebow can be effective but McElroy is a winner! He won in the SEC and has a great way about him. Lets see if he can win in the NFL.
    I'd like to see some McElroy as well, Sanchez has been too inconsistent and this last outing was a disaster

Season is done. I guess SAR I was right by telling me to wait til after next weeks game to purchase tickets to the Colts game. should be half price for every seat.

All Pro
    McElroy has been impressive in spots, but I'm worried about the lack of arm strength.

The current situation with Sanchez is exactly the reason why we should have stayed away from the entire Tebow situation. We're stuck with a player who is crashing and burning and a player who can't run a traditional NFL offense.

Wouldn't it be nice to have Drew Stanton on the roster right about now?

Give the kid the next 12 games, see if you got anything in him, and go from there. Sanchez ain't the answer, Tebow ain't the answer.
    McElroy is not the answer. I like him as a back up/spot duty, but I mean really are you going to build a team around him. He might do better then sanchez but that isn't saying much at his point. Go with tebow see if he can get better over the year as a qb and go from there. Most likely draft a new qb, and get rid of the freaking holdover qb coach we have.

Quote Originally Posted by parafly View Post
    McElroy has been impressive in spots, but I'm worried about the lack of arm strength.

The current situation with Sanchez is exactly the reason why we should have stayed away from the entire Tebow situation. We're stuck with a player who is crashing and burning and a player who can't run a traditional NFL offense.

Wouldn't it be nice to have Drew Stanton on the roster right about now?

I always thought it was dumb to let Stanton go like that. He would be the only guy who could actually run the offense.

As to McElroy, the Jets can likely find out if he's a good backup this year with some playing time. But I don't think he'll ever be starter material in the NFL.

i agree cut or trade sanchez and tebow go with mcelroy. why not?