Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 121

Thread: Sanchez Supporters

  1. #61
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Hanover, PA
    Posts
    3,435
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    Agreed, i am a supporter and he was horrible, but its comical that some Jets fans seem to root for him to fail just so they can come on this board after the game and say "see i told you so."
    It's not that at all....it's just that when ur like me and u didn't want to draft the guy...and week in and week out u can see clear as day that he is just not a NFL qb....u want him off your team!!!! I fing hate that when we drafted the bum he would set us back another decade..and it's year 4 and counting!!!!

  2. #62
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetworks View Post
    I disagree with the former based on the tone of the posts.

    As for the latter, you have a fair point, but at least it was positive in its basis (success instead of failure).



    I'm a 43 year old man and hardly stubborn as evidenced by my entering this thread (and others like it) by stating Sanchez played like crap, no qualifiers attached.

    The OP of the thread wanted to hear about "excuses" put forth "Sanchez supporters". He later stated he wanted the Jets to clean house, down to the HC. I missed the rest of it, I guess.

    Your post contained no facts, just opinion. You seem to confuse the two. Perhaps you've been thumped too many times in the head?

    Not sure what else you are rambling on about. Dissatisfied fans making threads calling out players are "facts"? You're loony tunes, you know that?

    Sanchez sucked. Wilson was terrible. Harris looked woeful. Sanchez was so bad I have to repeat it. What more are you looking for?
    We are looking for posters like you that had to argue our intent about this thread. There is NO arguing on this. Sanchez needs to go and stop trying to pretend like you never said anything to defend Sanchez apologists.

    You have always been one of the biggest Sanchez apologists on this board. Like last season when you argued endlessly about Sanchez playing well in games where his numbers were anything but good. Bet you feel really good about that now.

  3. #63
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Staten Island
    Posts
    8,960
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    We are looking for posters like you that had to argue our intent about this thread. There is NO arguing on this. Sanchez needs to go and stop trying to pretend like you never said anything to defend Sanchez apologists.

    You have always been one of the biggest Sanchez apologists on this board. Like last season when you argued endlessly about Sanchez playing well in games where his numbers were anything but good. Bet you feel really good about that now.
    This is a collectivist thread? Sorry, didn't know. I read the intent of what was written, not how I interpreted it. Arrogant, much?

    I'm not an apologist, I am a fan of his and the Jets. Today I am more than disappointed with him and I am not making excuses for him. I simply point out the facts as I KNOW them, not as I BELIEVE them. Today, the facts are he was horrendous. Regardless of the amount (or dearth) of talent, he played badly.

    That said, last year and at other times, I have presented rational arguments about Sanchez's play, both positive and negative. At one point I went so far as to quote NFL rules as they applied to a play on the field, only to be stonewalled by your ignorance and/or inability to admit you were wrong. As a result, I put you on ignore. This season, I took you off so as to start fresh. Nice to see you remain true to who you are, despite denials to the contrary.

    BTW, while we're at it, why don't you drop the passive/aggressive sh!ttiness and just blurt out what you really want to say; "WHERE IS STOKES?" Whatsthematta? Big, bad ol' hunter scared of being banned?

  4. #64
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    3,125
    I strongly supported Sanchez his first two years, started to sour on him last season, and now I can't ****ing stand him - he truly is beyond bad.

    Am I a "Sanchez hater?"

    No. I'm an objective ****ing football fan that wants to see his football team succeed. Get rid of Mark Sanchez.

    Take off the green glasses.

  5. #65
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    4,841
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetworks View Post
    This is a collectivist thread? Sorry, didn't know.
    LOL. I was going to say it if you didn't. Mainejet is awfully proud of this thread that he didn't start.

  6. #66
    I've never liked the Sanchez signing. That being said, the receivers and backs were abysmal. There were very few open receivers today. I haven't seen any of the 22 footage, but it seems like that has been the case all season. Bad QB+bad receivers+bad backs=0 points. Blame Tanny, blame Rex...whatever. At the end of the day, we just aren't good.

  7. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    We are looking for posters like you that had to argue our intent about this thread. There is NO arguing on this. Sanchez needs to go and stop trying to pretend like you never said anything to defend Sanchez apologists.

    You have always been one of the biggest Sanchez apologists on this board. Like last season when you argued endlessly about Sanchez playing well in games where his numbers were anything but good. Bet you feel really good about that now.
    Stop spinning the so called "intent" of this thread. Sanchez sucked, hell I went into UT's thread and asked how the college QBs for this year are fairing. But the OP opened up by saying "hahaha you were all wrong, what is your excuse now?" I don't have an excuse for Sanchez sh*tting the bed and I refuse to make one. I repeatedly stated that this year was his year to prove it and all he has proven is that he is BAD. All that said, it's annoying to see a so called fan being so excited to see the people who hoped our franchise QB might be good discouraged and knocked out. This is a sad day for all Jets fans, the last thing anyone needs is other "fans" kicking dirt in their face. Opposing fans are there for that...

  8. #68
    James Jones, who the Jets coveted for a WR a couple of years ago has 2 TDs today. If he was on this team, he wouldn't have 2 TDs the whole year. Point is, QBs are supposed to make the talent around them better too. I'm not sure if Megatron or Andre Johnson would make a difference on this team.

  9. #69
    All League
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The Bronx, USA
    Posts
    4,779
    The offense stinks overall. We have three lineman who can play, an decent t.e. and 2 promising young Wrs. Other than that we need to move forward

  10. #70
    The only thing I'm sad about is that Tebow is not getting more than 1 pass a game despite this horrendous quarterback. Heck even a bad Tebow completes at 50%, so I don't see Sanchez's upside in this offense AT ALL.

    It's pretty obvious if they do ever start Tebow, he will take over another depleted team that's 2-5 or 2-6 and asked to make something of it. That to me is just as sad. Hurts everyone, including the team.

    The way they are going is they are going to devalue 2 QB's and an entire team all in one season while not giving the fans anything really to get excited about either.

  11. #71
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetworks View Post
    This is a collectivist thread? Sorry, didn't know. I read the intent of what was written, not how I interpreted it. Arrogant, much?

    I'm not an apologist, I am a fan of his and the Jets. Today I am more than disappointed with him and I am not making excuses for him. I simply point out the facts as I KNOW them, not as I BELIEVE them. Today, the facts are he was horrendous. Regardless of the amount (or dearth) of talent, he played badly.

    That said, last year and at other times, I have presented rational arguments about Sanchez's play, both positive and negative. At one point I went so far as to quote NFL rules as they applied to a play on the field, only to be stonewalled by your ignorance and/or inability to admit you were wrong. As a result, I put you on ignore. This season, I took you off so as to start fresh. Nice to see you remain true to who you are, despite denials to the contrary.

    BTW, while we're at it, why don't you drop the passive/aggressive sh!ttiness and just blurt out what you really want to say; "WHERE IS STOKES?" Whatsthematta? Big, bad ol' hunter scared of being banned?
    You put me on ignore because you were clearly wrong and too pig headed to admit it. It was called COMMON SENSE, something that you seem to lack.

    And in regards to Stokes, why would I be afraid of being banned? I've put him in his place several times before and will continue to do so especially when he was the biggest Sanchez apologist on this board. But I'm not going to start an argument, I'll just end them. Just like when you started in with me in this thread, and now I'm ending it.

    Oh, and to match your snide comments about my hunting, what is the poor old stubborn democrat going to run behind Stokes and hope that he'll protect him from the hunter?

  12. #72
    As a former suporter I too say he's done here, time to move on.

    Sanchez < David Carr-Tim Couch-Rick Mirer

  13. #73
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMo View Post
    Stop spinning the so called "intent" of this thread. Sanchez sucked, hell I went into UT's thread and asked how the college QBs for this year are fairing. But the OP opened up by saying "hahaha you were all wrong, what is your excuse now?" I don't have an excuse for Sanchez sh*tting the bed and I refuse to make one. I repeatedly stated that this year was his year to prove it and all he has proven is that he is BAD. All that said, it's annoying to see a so called fan being so excited to see the people who hoped our franchise QB might be good discouraged and knocked out. This is a sad day for all Jets fans, the last thing anyone needs is other "fans" kicking dirt in their face. Opposing fans are there for that...
    Well, I'm not going to argue that someone could read the thread to be trolling. But he explained that wasn't his intent, and many here wouldn't leave it alone. So I defended his stance because anytime anyone on this boards attempts to criticize Sanchez they are antagonized endlessly by the JI police. It's completely absurd how they would attempt to censor anything slightly negative about the Jets or their players. Using personal attacks and anything that they can to try and pretend they were right. They weren't. And todays game by Sanchez essentially PROVES that.

    And I'm certainly not kicking dirt in anyone's face. Certainly not yours. I feel as badly about this as anyone. I have stated it many times on this board. I DID NOT want Sanchez to fail. I was hoping like hell that he could improve. Unfortunately, it didn't happen and it will never happen. So here we are now having to draft another QB and HOPE he is the answer.

  14. #74
    Quote Originally Posted by Whichfan View Post
    The only thing I'm sad about is that Tebow is not getting more than 1 pass a game despite this horrendous quarterback. Heck even a bad Tebow completes at 50%, so I don't see Sanchez's upside in this offense AT ALL.

    It's pretty obvious if they do ever start Tebow, he will take over another depleted team that's 2-5 or 2-6 and asked to make something of it. That to me is just as sad. Hurts everyone, including the team.

    The way they are going is they are going to devalue 2 QB's and an entire team all in one season while not giving the fans anything really to get excited about either.
    PLZ JUST STOP!!! the jets should have kept STANTON and their draft pick. WTF is Tebow gonna do but look even worse. The offense lost 3 good Wr's that fit this team 2 years ago following silly gimmick ideas and have not replaced them. the team as whole suffered the QB has regressed to a level i literally cant watch. (i hold my breath with every pass attempt) and we haven't drafted for needs or best player available just long shot project players. too disgusted to even type this posted is prob all messed up.

  15. #75
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Staten Island
    Posts
    8,960
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    You put me on ignore because you were clearly wrong and too pig headed to admit it. It was called COMMON SENSE, something that you seem to lack.
    Yes, that's what it was. Precisely. You were right.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    And in regards to Stokes, why would I be afraid of being banned? I've put him in his place several times before and will continue to do so especially when he was the biggest Sanchez apologist on this board. But I'm not going to start an argument, I'll just end them. Just like when you started in with me in this thread, and now I'm ending it.
    I took you to task for calling out posters for their views about the Jets QB. You were calling for "us" to admit our wrong ways and to basically repent. That's loony and I felt the need to pull your coat on it. If you feel that was me "starting" with you, so be it. There wouldn't be any trouble except for those king-sh!t posters! All I wanted was to say Sanchez didn't play well.. But you kept pushing MJ. You drew first blood, not me. You drew first blood...

    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    Oh, and to match your snide comments about my hunting, what is the poor old stubborn democrat going to run behind Stokes and hope that he'll protect him from the hunter?
    I'm a registered conservative and I own guns, I just don't hunt (although what any of that has to do with any of this is beyond me). Also, I worked on Rikers Island for 22 years; do you truly believe in your heart of hearts that I would feel the need to hide behind someone, anyone, here on a messageboard or in real life? Especially one so short as Stokes? Seriously?

  16. #76
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Charleston, WV
    Posts
    188
    I am a reformed supporter. I am through giving this guy the benefit of the doubt. He sucks! Tebow isn't the answer either. I'm disgusted

  17. #77
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Johnsburg
    Posts
    1,337
    He's just... off.
    He throws to the right shoulder as the receiver turns to the left.
    He holds the ball on 3rd and short over and over again.
    He misses wide open guys and then when he hits them in the numbers, they freaking drop it!
    I wanted to believe in the kid, I really did (still trying to).

    He has the worst set of skill players around him in maybe the last decade of the league.
    That's the crying shame of it all.
    Yes, I'm 90% sure that he'll never be a good quarterback, but if only they gave him some freaking help we'd know for sure.

    How many teams draft a qb high only to not build his weapons around him?
    One.

    I'm ready for a house cleaning from top to bottom.
    Throw cash at Cowher... at least we'd know for sure it'd be the tough ass team we were expected to have.

  18. #78
    sanchez sucks. im sick and tired of his wimpy ass body and his bad decisions and that stupid looking mouth piece i want this guy gone!

  19. #79
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetworks View Post
    Yes, that's what it was. Precisely. You were right.
    I know I am. Thank you for admitting it.



    Quote Originally Posted by Jetworks View Post
    I took you to task for calling out posters for their views about the Jets QB. You were calling for "us" to admit our wrong ways and to basically repent. That's loony and I felt the need to pull your coat on it. If you feel that was me "starting" with you, so be it. There wouldn't be any trouble except for those king-sh!t posters! All I wanted was to say Sanchez didn't play well.. But you kept pushing MJ. You drew first blood, not me. You drew first blood...
    WTF is the part that I bolded supposed to mean?

    I drew first blood?! I've got news for you, this isn't a war, Rambo. You started in saying that we were trolls because one poster started a thread wondering what the "EXCUSES" would be this time. Maybe you wouldn't have taken such umbrage to it if you didn't think he was describing YOU?



    Quote Originally Posted by Jetworks View Post
    I'm a registered conservative and I own guns, I just don't hunt (although what any of that has to do with any of this is beyond me). Also, I worked on Rikers Island for 22 years; do you truly believe in your heart of hearts that I would feel the need to hide behind someone, anyone, here on a messageboard or in real life? Especially one so short as Stokes? Seriously?
    I don't know anything about you and really don't care. But you started in with with me with the snide comment about being a bad old hunter? So I pulled YOUR coat on it.

    You're ridiculous. You attack people constantly and when people call you out on it, you suddenly develop a serious case of amnesia.

  20. #80
    I've officially jumped off the Sanchez bandwagon. Not based on his performance today but more because of the clear lack of improvement over the course of his career. Today was just the final straw

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us