Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Sanchez Supporters

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Braumeister View Post
    I've been defending Sanchez for aa long time, but I just can't do it anymore.

Tebow or McElroy, I don't really care. Just get Mark off the field.
    OK.... Progress being made.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    see what rg iii just did. thats a real qb in action.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueDevilJet29 View Post
    Exactly. This is my issue with Sanchez. We hear this he has no weapons around him deal over and over. It's a viable argument. We don't have all-pro offensive talent.

But a good QB would make lesser talent around him better, just as a great WR would enhance a weak QB. Brady made David Givens and Deion Branch look feasible for years.
    I disagree a great qb dopes that how many great qbs are there? A good qb works well with in a system and That is what I think Mar is. The issue here is there are no play makers around him. Give him a running game and he is better. Give him an Braylon Edwards and a TE and he is better but take them away and no one is good enough to win on their own. Mark is what he is an average QB not good enough for fine but there are bigger issues on this team and it has been shown that he is good enough to work within a system to get to the AFC championship game.

My issue here is you have fans who think they know better then everyone and enjoy making everyone else pissed. But they simply don't see the whole issue or refuse too.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    see what rg iii just did. thats a real qb in action.
    scramble because no one was open.....
    the point is how much tape is there of these players? by the way who were the playing.....
    ohhhhh the bucs

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rammagen View Post
    I disagree a great qb dopes that how many great qbs are there? A good qb works well with in a system and That is what I think Mar is. The issue here is there are no play makers around him. Give him a running game and he is better. Give him an Braylon Edwards and a TE and he is better but take them away and no one is good enough to win on their own. Mark is what he is an average QB not good enough for fine but there are bigger issues on this team and it has been shown that he is good enough to work within a system to get to the AFC championship game.

My issue here is you have fans who think they know better then everyone and enjoy making everyone else pissed. But they simply don't see the whole issue or refuse too.
    You can't make that argument for a QB without making it for every other skill position on the field too. What WR is good enough to win on their own? If the ball's overthrown or off target then they're going to suffer. Same for a RB. A good QB who can spread the ball around draws defenders out of the box and opens up space for the RB.

Everything feeds off each other, which is why this "not having enough weapons" argument is a chicken and egg, which came first one.

I'm not saying I'm ready to give up on Sanchez. I do support him. This just isn't working right now. Even in those years we made the AFC Championship Game, there were still fundamental issues at QB. The 'ground and pound' worked but teams figured that out. There's no denying he played well in most of those playoff games before there just still is no consistency.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    4 years later hes the same below average terribly inaccurate bad attitude QB

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm just worried this is going to be a Chad Pennington situation again. There are recent examples like Eli Manning and Alex Smith of guys who drastically turned the corner. However, we watched this play out for five years before Sanchez (and the Favre experiment).

We all knew Pennington was limited. Had moments where he looked good, got us to the playoffs, never the next step. We kept sticking with him and we had war on this board. At the end of the day, though, Chad was a good QB and I like the guy but he was not 'the guy.'

Now, five years later, we're embarking on that same journey. We're in Year 4 with Mark. We're seeing the same problems as Year 1. He still hasn't taken the next step forward. I'm trying to be patient but when is it gonna come? Year 6, 7?

Trust me, I don't want to start over with a rookie QB again either. It is not fun going through those growing pains. I think we'd all love it if Mark 'takes the step.' It's just the waiting is becoming frustrating bc, like with Chad, we don't know if it's gonna happen.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    The simple message to them is this:

Eat ****. Your managing QB can't do damn thing if everything isn't hunky doory perfect. Good QB's make their receivers. Period. Guy's a bum. Always has been a bum. Rode the coat tails of a Top 4 running game and defense two years in a row and once they weren't spectacular units he folded like a lawn chair. Bum.

The time for a chance is now. The future isn't on our current roster, but they need to do something.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I love it how half of the posters on this board are calling other fans out...

I thought we were all Jets fans?

The team looked like **** today, Sanchez too, I don't think today defines Sanchez as a player, how he responds might, but there is no questioning that he is playing with a handicap with the youth and inexperience and now the injuries he is dealing with.

Sanchez is at a crossroad in his career, still rooting for him though.

And I'm a Jets fan, not a Sanchez supporter, not a kool aid drinker, not a Tebowite, not a Rex homer, blah blah blah...

I'm a Jets fan, and my week will be rotten just like everybody else on the board.

It's a shame there are so many fans out there more interested in thumping their chests to other fans when the team struggles.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was not trying to point out any other fans. I just wanted to see if there are people that were going to defend him. I would have loved to have been wrong on Sanchez, but I am not. He is just terrible, really terrible. Having the Sunday Ticket this year just allows me to see more QB play and it just makes me jealous. QB is the most important position in ALL of sports. You can't win, meaning a Super Bowl, without a top QB. The best thing for the team's future is to have a disasterous season and get Sanchez out of here and hopefully start the rebuilding process. Is he the only issue on offense? Not at all. I will admit that I was completely wrong on Greene. I thought he was going to be a workhorse for us but he is a bum too. This is going to be a long season that is evident. Hopefully Rex will let some of the young players get some meaningful time so that they can develop. I would like to see Davis get some playing time at LB. He can't be any worse than Scott, who misses multiple tackles a game.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    I love it how half of the posters on this board are calling other fans out...

I thought we were all Jets fans?

The team looked like **** today, Sanchez too, I don't think today defines Sanchez as a player, how he responds might, but there is no questioning that he is playing with a handicap with the youth and inexperience and now the injuries he is dealing with.

Sanchez is at a crossroad in his career, still rooting for him though.

And I'm a Jets fan, not a Sanchez supporter, not a kool aid drinker, not a Tebowite, not a Rex homer, blah blah blah...

I'm a Jets fan, and my week will be rotten just like everybody else on the board.

It's a shame there are so many fans out there more interested in thumping their chests to other fans when the team struggles.
    becoming a big fan of this guy and his posts. speaks from the heart.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am a huge fan of the Jets but I know that Sanchez could never be a good QB. I would rather have the team suck this year to bring that to light. We need a complete roster rebuild. The team speed is just awful. Clean house, including Rex.
    As much as I hate to admit it........He's correct. Sanchez is average or sub average at best in a passing league. The rest of the offense scares no one except the Jet coaches. No need to hope the Jets suck this year, they will and do! Next week is a loss and probably even Indy. They may be lucky to get 5 wins this year. What a bummer. Time for a full revamp from GM all the way down.

jf

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Icer View Post
    4 years later hes the same below average terribly inaccurate bad attitude QB
    I never wanted this kid,and i made no bones about it.He cemented my opinion in his 1st season in a game against the Bills.In that game,we rushed for over 300 yards,had 2 RBs go over 100 yards and we lost because this mook threw 5 INTs.

How do you rush for 300 yard and your QB throw that many INTs.I have been told that this kid is best at Play action,so with that many rushing yards how could he not play action that team to death.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post
    The game was in reach for a long time. Longer than we deserved actually. Even though I agree that there is blame to go around this has to be one of the worst performances in a career that has had a lot of low points. The stench from #6 today was overpowering.

I have never called for him to be benched before but honestly, if not after this performance then when?
    He should put up similar numbers against the Texans, so maybe they go with Tebow after that blowout loss on National Television. If not, maybe they will let him struggle for 30 minutes vs. the hapless Colts, then bring in Tebow to save the day and give the season new hope!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    If Mark has another spiritless, error-filled game vs HOU then it'll be time to get him off the field. He'll have lost the team at that point anyway.

That said, all the guys drooling over RGIII and every other QB need to be careful what they wish for. This isn't Madden. Playing so poorly that you even get to pick in a spot for a franchise QB can be long-term hazardous to a team. Too, these guys don't work out at a great clip anyway.

Its not a QB game unless you have one that can take over a game. Its a team sport and what we need most is a guy who can find that talent (GM) and a guy who can develop it (HC).

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    We have to hold him accountable for bad play. That's been a real problem over the years here. We've had two years of the shambling corpse of Mark Brunell as our #2 QB. That's no accountability at all, and whatever his neuroses actually are, no accountability at all can't be good for anyone's head.

We need to see what Tim and Greg have. They might be even worse than Mark, but the way he's playing they both deserve a fair shot to see what they can do. If Mark ****s the bed against Houston and plays the next week, that will be the point where I seriously question this coaching staff. I already seriously question Tannenbaum, everyone should.

If we tank the season, I don't want us to go QB in the draft unless he's absolutely the best player available. It's a crummy offense talent-wise and a terrible situation for a young quarterback.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Funny thing is .... Orton played MUCH better last year than Sanchez is playing now when Tebow took over. Did he get injured ?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    Funny thing is .... Orton played MUCH better last year than Sanchez is playing now when Tebow took over. Did he get injured ?
    I don't think so. I think it was just a product of their record at the time and were trying to shake things up.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here's a question right back at you - who else could the Jets have brought in to play QB this year? And don't say Manning because it wasn't an option.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    Orton was 1-4 as a starter, that's why he was benched. Sanchez, despite the suckage, is currently 2-2. That will change after the next game.