Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The beginning of the end for Tanny

Quote Originally Posted by jzelada121 View Post
    LOL look at all the freaking losers on that list, I dont think there is 1 single player that would play on another team. WOW
    Wilkerson would start on a lot of teams. He's good.

Keller & Slauson might start on some. But they're very much JAG's.

McKnight would be a KR for most of the league.

Wilson, Ellis and Powell would be backups who played.

That's about it. Not too good for 20 picks.

Practice Squad
    The concern for the offense in the draft has besides Sanchez been non existent. Yoy need to take care of both sides of the ball. Considering Reavis not playing the D kept is in the game for a while. The offense like in the draft was non existent. Tanny and Rex probably need to go and Woody should stick to his philanthropic duties.

I don't know if Reavis and Holmes would be dead money, but in reality they are two contracts we would need to get rid of to rebuild anyway.

Now everyone agrees with me after I got ripped for this after the Pittsburgh game. HAHAHA

Hasn't drafted an impact player since... Revis?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by parafly View Post
    Tannenbaum had a very good start to his career as GM, but the operation has fallen flat on its face in recent years. The current level of talent on the roster is unacceptable.
    The very good start of his career was when it was being propped up by Mangini. It is the ultimate irony that Mangini was fired by Tannenbaum.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    The very good start of his career was when it was being propped up by Mangini. It is the ultimate irony that Mangini was fired by Tannenbaum.
    But they all work very hard. Everyone in the building works very hard. It takes an entire team of hardworking guys to set a roster of that caliber.

Hall Of Fame
    Tanny needs to go. He is ultimately responsible for the product on the field. If this season goes down in flames, like it looks it will, then he should be held accountable.

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Tanny needs to go. He is ultimately responsible for the product on the field. If this season goes down in flames, like it looks it will, then he should be held accountable.
    i would be very surprised at this point if tannenbaum does the drafting next april. and the new gm will probably not want rex as the hc. i don't think a competent gm would take the gig if woody made him keep rex. and certainly none of these guys would want sanchez starting.

Quote Originally Posted by rextilleon View Post
    Yeah yeah yeah, maybe---thats what they said about Wilkerson and he is at best an average DL.
    By what measure would that be exactly? ProFootball Focus had him rated as the second best 3-4 DE in the NFL at stopping the run going into this game.

Mangini wasn't that great, either. Anthony Schlegel in round three???? Most stories also had him as the main driver behind the Gholston pick. And don't forget that the Jets tried like hell to trade up for a second 1st round draft pick in 2006 to get Matt Leinart, a guy they were really hot for. What an addition that would have been.

With Tannenbaum, it's not just the poor picks. It's also all the picks he's traded away over the past six years. Lowering your total picks reduces your margin for error, which is something the sickly Jets personnel department cannot afford.

And lastly, let's not forget that a dark cloud by the name of Terry Bradway--he of DeWayne Roberts, Doug Jolley and Matt Nugent infamy--has a very influential hand in all the Jets draft picks to this very day.

It not just the draft picks. It's the ridiculous contracts he hands out (Holmes, Harris, Cro) and the people who he brings onto the team (Tebow, Holmes). The lack of depth on this team is a mark of his because he's only interested in making a top-heavy talent team. If we had some form of depth across the board, we would be a much better team.

Quote Originally Posted by rextilleon View Post
    Hahaha, don't forget the newest bust--the number 16 pick overall--------Coples!
    It's confirmed. You really don't watch the game. That's OK, not much to see today. Coples did have two tackles for a loss though.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    i would be very surprised at this point if tannenbaum does the drafting next april. and the new gm will probably not want rex as the hc. i don't think a competent gm would take the gig if woody made him keep rex. and certainly none of these guys would want sanchez starting.
    I have zero issue with a total regime change. New GMs mean new Head Coaches. New Head coaches usually mean new starting QBs. I have no issues with any of that right now.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMo View Post
    Wilkerson has been a stud this year, Coples looks pretty good and so does Ellis. BUT that does not make up for the mess Tanny has put together from previous drafts... what a mess. Just wanted to stick up for those guys. I think they are playing well.
    Wilkerson was SUPPOSED to be a stud this year. He is not.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    I have zero issue with a total regime change. New GMs mean new Head Coaches. New Head coaches usually mean new starting QBs. I have no issues with any of that right now.
    +1

Or... Mangini's staff was able to develop football players. Not all players are the same, but the reason teams like the Steelers and Ravens always find late round gems is that they are able to develop players.

Rex Ryan hasn't done that. It could just be on Tannenbaum, but it could also speak to the coaching staff and how they deal with young players.