Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How's the Kool aid now? SAR I for mod.

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    SB III is passionate young fan. He's seems like a good kid. I think Kentucky Jet is a good guy also.
    Nothing personal at all against SB. He's probably a good kid but he has certainly been a windbag of homerism. That's a fact. I'm sure hes a hard core passionate fan.

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Unbelievable. Rex and Tanny could fall in a bucket of T1ts and end up with each other.

All you Kool aid drinkers ...and you know who you are, what say you now?

We have no depth, no bench. No picks from 2010 and after that are REAL players.

I will not call out posters but, g3, Ray, step, canada, Kentucky, please RUN as fast as you can to the grocery store for more green Kool aid.

LOVE your passion but WTF? Rex and Tanny are Coslett and Steinberg and you guys simply love losing and mediocrity.

We may win 4 games, I simply can't find a team we can beat.

SAR I for mod.
    I completely disagree with this. Rex, for all of his faults, and there are many, has done more for this team than any HC in a very long time. I support Rex, and although this isn't a very good time to be defending the guy, I still think he can get the Jets to win the SB assuming he's given enough talent from the GM to make it happen.

I would also still support keeping Tanny around for one more season just to see if he can straighten this team out. His early drafts were very good and laid the foundation for the AFC Championship teams of '09 and '10.

Granted, it really doesn't appear as though he yielded much of anything in recent years, but that just means he can also strike out. We didn't need to see that, no one is perfect. What's important is knowing if Tanny can realize what the teams needs to stay competitive and then making all of the trades/FA/drafting to give Rex a fighting chance.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Medianoche View Post
    Nothing personal at all against SB. He's probably a good kid but he has certainly been a windbag of homerism. That's a fact. I'm sure hes a hard core passionate fan.
    personally...I like SB III. Good guy, Good poster for a long time.

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Rex and tanny saw this coming. They bought tebow here to save their season and their jobs. But they screwed that up because they had tebow gain 20lbs and now hes to damn slow to run the option.

Unbelievable.
    Don't let anyone tell you that you are wrong on this. I have watched Tebow play for 7 years now (4 at UF, 2 in DEN and now here, my daughter went to UF),

I see Tebow now with the Jets and that extra 20lbs and he is oh so slow. That is NOT his game. Our wonderful team has even f...ked that up. Tebow is a winner and if they don't let him play then they don't win.

All League
    It just seems nowadays Rex has no control over the locker room. All that moxy, bravado, from his first 2 seasons are long gone.

The Jets look like a weak, vulnerable ghost of themselves that hang onto their "success", or whatever you want to call it, of making it to the AFC Champ game 2 years ago.

Give Tebow the damn start and see what he can do. He very well may be the spark that this team needs.

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    MY brotha! I am brutally honest from here on.

YOU SIR should demand an apology!
    rextilleon did but his "thread" was so retarded, it was thrown into the Dump where it belonged.

only been here a shortwhile but sar i is money.

Quote Originally Posted by Queens Jet Fan View Post
    Why don't u blame the real villain here - your hero Woody Johnson. He is responsible for the sad state of this franchise. You should not be praised for saying the Jets will suck this year. That was easy. You should be vilified for your praise of our incompetent owner.
    Woody Johnson is not a villain.

His job is merely to spend money. And he does.

SAR I

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Woody Johnson is not a villain.

His job is merely to spend money. And he does.

SAR I
    Yes that is his job and I wish he would stick to it and do it well. Sadly he doesn't. We are $8 Mil under the salary cap. He goes on the cheap for coaches. He refuses to eat guaranteed money but worst of all - he has made the franchise a circus since he announced the new stadium. It all started with Favre and it continues today.

We are doomed as long as he is our owner.

I'm not one to gloat, especially since this one was so obvious to call.

Our issue simply is this:

We have the wrong head coach. The way he had us build the team is wrong, the way he tries to motivate is wrong, he lost the locker room last year which is wrong, he's here solely on the reputation of past post-season success which is wrong.

He should have been dumped in Miami last January. The current mistake is not his fault; the mistake was keeping him for another year.

SAR I
    I felt Rex deserved one more season, but I have seen enough, this should be Rex and tanny's last season. They don't deserve to make another high draft choice. Time to start over, very depressing that the season is over and it's not even October yet

I'm not one to gloat, especially since this one was so obvious to call.

Our issue simply is this:

We have the wrong head coach. The way he had us build the team is wrong, the way he tries to motivate is wrong, he lost the locker room last year which is wrong, he's here solely on the reputation of past post-season success which is wrong.

He should have been dumped in Miami last January. The current mistake is not his fault; the mistake was keeping him for another year.

SAR I
    I agree tottaly, except for on thing. The players lost faith in Rex right after the last AFC Championship game loss. It started last season.

rex has lost this team.

Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    I completely disagree with this. Rex, for all of his faults, and there are many, has done more for this team than any HC in a very long time. I support Rex, and although this isn't a very good time to be defending the guy, I still think he can get the Jets to win the SB assuming he's given enough talent from the GM to make it happen.

I would also still support keeping Tanny around for one more season just to see if he can straighten this team out. His early drafts were very good and laid the foundation for the AFC Championship teams of '09 and '10.

Granted, it really doesn't appear as though he yielded much of anything in recent years, but that just means he can also strike out. We didn't need to see that, no one is perfect. What's important is knowing if Tanny can realize what the teams needs to stay competitive and then making all of the trades/FA/drafting to give Rex a fighting chance.
    His early drafts were a direct result of Mangini ... A real football mind ...

Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    His early drafts were a direct result of Mangini ... A real football mind ...
    And a crappy(like the rest of them) Jets Head Coach.

Maybe we should make Mangina the GM.....

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    And a crappy(like the rest of them) Jets Head Coach.

Maybe we should make Mangina the GM.....
    Well...could it be any worse than now?

Rookie
    Last I checked it was a 3 way tie for first place in the AFC East. If Miami pulls a win out it will be a 4 way tie.

Hate to see fans dump a season so soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Queens Jet Fan View Post
    Yes that is his job and I wish he would stick to it and do it well. Sadly he doesn't. We are $8 Mil under the salary cap. He goes on the cheap for coaches. He refuses to eat guaranteed money but worst of all - he has made the franchise a circus since he announced the new stadium. It all started with Favre and it continues today.

We are doomed as long as he is our owner.
    QJF, you hide in a closet, never post on JI, and then show up when we're hurting the most and take easy shots at our owner? Classy.

This isn't the time for the ancient zipcode battle. What you view as Woody's betrayal put us in a brand new stadium. What you view as Woody's PR play gave us the free agents that actually got us within 60 minutes of the Super Bowl.

He's not a perfect owner, but we've seen a lot worse. Like the old curmudgeon you worship because he kept us in that Queens dump for all those years.

SAR I

Hall Of Fame
    This is an unfortunate thread and will probably earn a smack from the mods. Now is the time to be the bigger man.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by rmeyer52 View Post
    These Kool Aid drinkers will continue to call people like Sar and me trolls but we are just realists who can see through the pitcher of Kool Aid. Anyone who thought this was a playoff team just doesn't understand the lack of talent on this team.
    Stop it.

SAR and Southpark are Jets fans.

You're not.

Don't act like everyone here doesn't see right through your fake fandom. We all know you're a Pats fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectre View Post
    Last I checked it was a 3 way tie for first place in the AFC East. If Miami pulls a win out it will be a 4 way tie.

Hate to see fans dump a season so soon.
    It's not the record, it's the quality of play.

We've just watched the worst 14 consecutive quarters of Jets play in the Ryan era, and it's everywhere, not like its just one thing to focus on. There's too much to clean up, it's not going to happen. If we had a Top 5 defense, average special teams, and an abysmal offense, you could say there's a chance that if we change QB's a-la Pennington/Testaverde 2002 that we could catch fire. But the damage is too deep.

There's only one thing that'll have the potential to save our season. And that's only if the players lay down against the Colts and Dolphins and Woody has the balls to do what's right in Week 9. We'd be 2-6, new head coach, might light a fire under this sad, sorry group.

SAR I