Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: How's the Kool aid now? SAR I for mod.

I wasnt drinking kool aid, I simply thought that sanchez would improve and that we had a defensive line that would not get pushed around.

However, I now have nothing to say.

I simply cannot defend sanchez as he made the exact same 2 mistakes yesterday as he has done every year before. The screen pass issue alone, is reason enough to sit him down.

I have no idea what this team will do going forward, but the disappointment is bitter.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    I wasnt drinking kool aid, I simply thought that sanchez would improve and that we had a defensive line that would not get pushed around.

I simply cannot defend sanchez as he made the exact same 2 mistakes yesterday as he has done every year before. The screen pass issue alone, is reason enough to sit him down.

I have no idea what this team will do going forward, but the disappointment is bitter.
    Good answer. What worries me most is that Sanchez is not learning from his mistakes and seems to be regressing on everything. I believe this is finally a make or break year for him but what even worries me more was the statement that Rex wanted to keep Revis of IR in case they made the SB ? If he in anyway shape or form believed that this is a SB team than that is very troublesome.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by RevisCroWilson View Post
    I think some people on this board rather be right with jets sucking than being wrong and the jets winning...pretty sad

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    No what is sad is a silly post like this.

The team has problems. Those problem do not get fixed until the right people accept that there are any problems to begin with. Some idiots have preferred to deny that there are any problems that need fixing and instead attack their fellow fans for being "bad fans" when they do not buy into the same hallucinations.

Some idiots prefer to continue with the same sad approach when the problems get so bad that it is impossible to deny them any longer. So rather than sit down and try to figure out the best ways for the team to improve these same idiots simply double down on their stupidity and myopia by once again attacking their fellow Jets fans and accusing them of wanting the team to be bad.

Nobody wants this sh1t. But I for one refuse to deny that it is sh1t because it offends your own personal world view.

The team stinks and it is not your fellow Jets fans that caused it to be that way. Keep your eye on the ball PLEASE or in your case please try to locate the ball. The problem is the Franchise and the way it has been run. We have a Head Coach who does not appear to be learning on the job. We have a roster with holes everywhere and depth nowhere and we have a teflon GM who whom, none of this ever seems to be his fault when it goes wrong. We have a "hands off" owner to apparently likes to meddle in the football decisions and we are utterly and completely fukked at the QB position. Not only being bad at QB but paying a boat load of money to be bad. Oh and let's just throw in for good measure that we are a franchise that has made itself famous by whoring itself out for media attention and we play in the same town as a franchise that has won two Superbowl trophies in the recent past.

But by all means continue to attack your fellow Jets fans.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    I'm not one to gloat, especially since this one was so obvious to call.

Our issue simply is this:

We have the wrong head coach. The way he had us build the team is wrong, the way he tries to motivate is wrong, he lost the locker room last year which is wrong, he's here solely on the reputation of past post-season success which is wrong.

He should have been dumped in Miami last January. The current mistake is not his fault; the mistake was keeping him for another year.

SAR I
    You're not right. It goes higher than the head coach. If you can't see now that the problem starts with Woody, you're more blind than anyone who thought we were going to the SB without Revis. Justin Bieber will be our QB before long. That will fill the unmet need to address the tween girl market and finish off the PSL sales. Success!

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post

Good post.

Jets Insider VIP
    Tanny and Rex are gone after this year. We need Jay Gruden in here. Look how he has brought along a 2nd round pick in Andy Dalton.

We could take a qb in round 1 and let someone develop him who actually knows what he is doing.

Quote Originally Posted by isired View Post
    You're not right. It goes higher than the head coach. If you can't see now that the problem starts with Woody, you're more blind than anyone who thought we were going to the SB without Revis. Justin Bieber will be our QB before long. That will fill the unmet need to address the tween girl market and finish off the PSL sales. Success!
    It is absolutely on Woody. Woody has all the bad traits by meddling and not hiring the right people.

Hall Of Fame
    40 something teams have won a SB without Revis. One team will do it this year. He is a CB, not a QB. IF a CB means that much to an entire team then we are built wrong. Maybe people will finally see that this year. Colts fans went though it last year, and the owner realized that it was absurd to have an entire franchise depend on one player, but at least that was a QB and if there is one position to allow that to happen, that is the one.

I agree about Woody. He spends money to make money, not b.c he wants to have a great football team. The fact that he is willing to spend money is overrated b.c he does not spend it wisely. He spends money to make splashes. But Woody isn't going anywhere so there is no use in discussing that.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Tanny and Rex are gone after this year. We need Jay Gruden in here. Look how he has brought along a 2nd round pick in Andy Dalton.

We could take a qb in round 1 and let someone develop him who actually knows what he is doing.
    I think it was Dalton the pick and not Dalton the coaching.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    It is absolutely on Woody. Woody has all the bad traits by meddling and not hiring the right people.
    The owner is going nowhere. Even if it is his fault he is going nowhere. The best we can hope for is a very strong GM who will keep the meddling to a minimum.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post
    No what is sad is a silly post like this.

The team has problems. Those problem do not get fixed until the right people accept that there are any problems to begin with. Some idiots have preferred to deny that there are any problems that need fixing and instead attack their fellow fans for being "bad fans" when they do not buy into the same hallucinations.

Some idiots prefer to continue with the same sad approach when the problems get so bad that it is impossible to deny them any longer. So rather than sit down and try to figure out the best ways for the team to improve these same idiots simply double down on their stupidity and myopia by once again attacking their fellow Jets fans and accusing them of wanting the team to be bad.

Nobody wants this sh1t. But I for one refuse to deny that it is sh1t because it offends your own personal world view.

The team stinks and it is not your fellow Jets fans that caused it to be that way. Keep your eye on the ball PLEASE or in your case please try to locate the ball. The problem is the Franchise and the way it has been run. We have a Head Coach who does not appear to be learning on the job. We have a roster with holes everywhere and depth nowhere and we have a teflon GM who whom, none of this ever seems to be his fault when it goes wrong. We have a "hands off" owner to apparently likes to meddle in the football decisions and we are utterly and completely fukked at the QB position. Not only being bad at QB but paying a boat load of money to be bad. Oh and let's just throw in for good measure that we are a franchise that has made itself famous by whoring itself out for media attention and we play in the same town as a franchise that has won two Superbowl trophies in the recent past.

But by all means continue to attack your fellow Jets fans.
    Woahhhhh dude talking about attacking...I was simply talking about some of the clowns that came on here as soon as the jets lost for a pat on the back...I am not happy with this team how it's set up or coached so I would suggest you point your comments to someone else....oh and ead

Last edited by RevisCroWilson; 10-01-2012 at 08:49 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Woahhhhh dude talking about attacking...I was simply implying

How about we talk about how to get better and not whether on not people wanted this collapse to happen so that they could say I told you so. Because that is simply another way of continuing to avoid the real conversations about getting better.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by rmeyer52 View Post
    It's nice to know that monkeys have relatives like you that can walk on two legs
    This is not helpful.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Many teams win Super Bowls with bad owners.

Our GM drafts poorly. Our HC has a losing formula. Our players are de-motivated.

Of course you can say that the ultimate blame goes to the top, but at least Woody admits he's not a 'football guy', gave it a-go these past 13 years with a Parcells recommended protégée. Woody's the money, it's Tannenbaum's team.

SAR I

Jets Insider VIP
    I think it was Dalton the pick and not Dalton the coaching.
    I dont agree. Dalton wasnt a cant miss prospect. Thats why he fell to the second round. Dalton is playing this well becasue of his coach and the system he built and tailored to Dalton's strengths.

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Unbelievable. Rex and Tanny could fall in a bucket of T1ts and end up with each other.

All you Kool aid drinkers ...and you know who you are, what say you now?

We have no depth, no bench. No picks from 2010 and after that are REAL players.

I will not call out posters but, g3, Ray, step, canada, Kentucky, please RUN as fast as you can to the grocery store for more green Kool aid.

LOVE your passion but WTF? Rex and Tanny are Coslett and Steinberg and you guys simply love losing and mediocrity.

We may win 4 games, I simply can't find a team we can beat.

SAR I for mod.
    On the bright side I took my five year old daughter to game and she thought it was great, she said Football is always great, every game you get to see a winning team, sometimes it just happens to be the other team. Oh yea and the Popcorn was good. Tebow starting will just be a circus and Jets will still stink

Hall Of Fame
    Incidentally SAR I for mod is a poor idea in my opinion.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post
    How about we talk about how to get better and not whether on not people wanted this collapse to happen so that they could say I told you so. Because that is simply another way of continuing to avoid the real conversations about getting better.
    Listen I don't need you to tell me what I need to say or talk about. This board is a joke with clowns that rather be right about the team sucking than winning and I felt like expressing my feelings about it. Now we can sit here and talk about what this team should do or shouldn't do all day but its still not gonna change what the reality is. The team is not good at all right now, they lack talent at every offensive skill position and the Def is not playing up to their capabilities but I am not giving up on the season yet.....

Listen I don't need you to tell me what I need to say or talk about. This board is a joke with clowns that rather be right about the team sucking than winning and I felt like expressing my feelings about it. Now we can sit here and talk about what this team should do or shouldn't do all day but its still not gonna change what the reality is. The team is not good at all right now, they lack talent at every offensive skill position and the Def is not playing up to their capabilities but I am not giving up on the season yet.....
    This is a fair post. We "realists" take no pleasure in being right. BUT, perhaps NOT you, but I have had my posts hijacked by several koolaid drinkers calling me out. I didnt address them or ask for their input yet they feel the need to call me out so this thread was to those posters who tell guys like me, EM, REXT, and many others that we are not REAL fans.

We have seen this movie before, we love the JETS and would rather be competitive but what I see is a team with no ability to even be good next year. We dont have a core or a management team capable of turning it around.

Any comments to the contrary are simply, in my personal view, koolaid influenced. Your comment about our D is overly generous BTW. Our D cant stop a nosebleed. The D line looked VERY slow.

good things to come out of yesterday's loss:

1) sanchez won't be the starter much longer
    2) tannenbaum won't be drafting next april
    3) woody should realize that the team's problems extend far beyond revis' injury and that paying him tons of money won't put them in contention
    4) if woody wants to sell psls and fill the seats there's only 1 way to do it - draft a good exciting qb. tebow won't do it, rex won't do it, a good defense won't do it.

other possible good things:

1) woody may realize that offense is more important than defense in today's nfl and thus may start to lose interest in having such a defensive-minded hc
    2) woody may hire a respectable gm who may be able to convince a proven, high profile hc to come
    3) if these 2 things happen the new regime will start over with a new qb who is more of a traditional pocket passer, and an offense built around speed and big play ability