Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
Results 121 to 137 of 137

Thread: How's the Kool aid now? SAR I for mod.

  1. #121
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Old Bridge, New Jersey, United States
    Posts
    1,184
    Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post
    Nobody is admitting to that because it is a ridiculous invention in YOUR MIND.

    It is called a straw man argument. First you make something up out of whole cloth and then claim that other people are saying and/or doing that. Then you get to come in and be against the thing that the other person never said or did in the first place.

    NOBODY

    IS

    SAYING

    THAT.

    NOBODY.

    Please let me know if I need to use smaller words for you. And let's not let it interfere with your wanting to call people "clowns" and or telling them to eat sh1t and die.

    Serious question here. Are you 14 years old?
    Are you retarded? Serious question...you are getting pretty defensive about this maybe you are one of those guys that rather look good and lose then look bad and win???? Plenty of people on this board were looking for pats on the back after they predicted what happened yesterday. Oh actually I was saying to eat a d---, I would not wish harm on any humans no matter how much I dislike them.

  2. #122
    Is SAR mod yet?

  3. #123
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Oceanside, Long Island
    Posts
    10,779
    Quote Originally Posted by RevisCroWilson View Post
    Are you retarded? Serious question...you are getting pretty defensive about this maybe you are one of those guys that rather look good and lose then look bad and win???? Plenty of people on this board were looking for pats on the back after they predicted what happened yesterday. Oh actually I was saying to eat a d---, I would not wish harm on any humans no matter how much I dislike them.
    Not even remotely (either defensive or retarded). I must say however that the whole use of the "retarded" thing seems to be pretty much standard use of the kool-aid gang talking points on your part. Way to go.

    You are persistent I will give you that. First you make the absurd assertion that there are large numbers of Jets fans out there rooting for a loss so that they can get to say I told you so on these boards and then you get to accuse me of sounding defensive because I questioned that bullsh1t assertion. That similar to the old "have you stopped beating your wife recently?" question.

    In any event, I always root for my team to win. Always. As does pretty much everyone else around here I would imagine. The one possible exception being in the final game of a lost season where a loss means the #3 pick overall and a meaningless win means the #6 pick overall. There are legitimate arguments on both sides of that one. If I root for them to win however and they end up getting smoked 34-0 at home then I hope you forgive me for having the bad manners to actually notice little things like that.

    All of these tactics are rather primitive attempts on your part to deflect the topic of conversation away from where it should be which is squarely on this organization and what is wrong with it. None of this is about some mythical group of posters who exist only in your own mind. If you want to continue stroking off to pictures of Mike Tannenbaum, Rex Ryan and the rest of the gang that couldn't shoot straight and cannot bear to listen to any criticism of them then far be it from me to stand in your way.

    Since you seem to be happiest when you are making something up and then acting on that as if it were true, I really don't know why you don't go directly to the source and invent a 34-0 win for the Jets yesterday. That way you can come onto these boards and criticize your fellow Jets fans because they are just not seeing it

  4. #124
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    18,554
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    Is SAR mod yet?
    Where's your avatar?

  5. #125
    didn't Woody hire Rex and mangini two coaches you said should not have been hired. he also hired Tanny a GM I dont think you care for two. And he did put us in a New Stadium that he shres with the Giants And he got us 60 minutes to a superbowl just like Leon Hess. I guess Woody is untouchable for critizism
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    QJF, you hide in a closet, never post on JI, and then show up when we're hurting the most and take easy shots at our owner? Classy.

    This isn't the time for the ancient zipcode battle. What you view as Woody's betrayal put us in a brand new stadium. What you view as Woody's PR play gave us the free agents that actually got us within 60 minutes of the Super Bowl.

    He's not a perfect owner, but we've seen a lot worse. Like the old curmudgeon you worship because he kept us in that Queens dump for all those years.

    SAR I

  6. #126
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Old Bridge, New Jersey, United States
    Posts
    1,184
    Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post
    Not even remotely (either defensive or retarded). I must say however that the whole use of the "retarded" thing seems to be pretty much standard use of the kool-aid gang talking points on your part. Way to go.

    You are persistent I will give you that. First you make the absurd assertion that there are large numbers of Jets fans out there rooting for a loss so that they can get to say I told you so on these boards and then you get to accuse me of sounding defensive because I questioned that bullsh1t assertion. That similar to the old "have you stopped beating your wife recently?" question.

    In any event, I always root for my team to win. Always. As does pretty much everyone else around here I would imagine. The one possible exception being in the final game of a lost season where a loss means the #3 pick overall and a meaningless win means the #6 pick overall. There are legitimate arguments on both sides of that one. If I root for them to win however and they end up getting smoked 34-0 at home then I hope you forgive me for having the bad manners to actually notice little things like that.

    All of these tactics are rather primitive attempts on your part to deflect the topic of conversation away from where it should be which is squarely on this organization and what is wrong with it. None of this is about some mythical group of posters who exist only in your own mind. If you want to continue stroking off to pictures of Mike Tannenbaum, Rex Ryan and the rest of the gang that couldn't shoot straight and cannot bear to listen to any criticism of them then far be it from me to stand in your way.

    Since you seem to be happiest when you are making something up and then acting on that as if it were true, I really don't know why you don't go directly to the source and invent a 34-0 win for the Jets yesterday. That way you can come onto these boards and criticize your fellow Jets fans because they are just not seeing it
    Your making judgments based on zero facts....I have not been posting on this board backing everything the jets do. I do not "drink the koolaid" and at the same time I do not jump overboard every chance something does not go as planned or as expected. I also was not making it up, a blind man can see all the people coming on the board late yesterday and today with the "I told you" talk. NOw did I come out and say that they wanted them to lose? It just seemed that too many people were too excited to say I told you so that it seemed like they'd rather the team lose. Do I honestly believe this true for all the posters that are so called "realists"? No, but I can assure you there are a few that rather be right then the jets win.....Continue defending your "realists" honor sorry if I offended you...

  7. #127
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    nyc
    Posts
    11,620
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Woody's the money, it's Tannenbaum's team.

    SAR I
    Tebow, Herm before him ('I just want him gone, don't care what they give us!'), and I'm sure several moves in between tells you that this is not true.

  8. #128
    All League
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Boston area
    Posts
    4,475
    What a difference 4 games make...wasn't there an anti SAR thread after the Buffalo win saying that he should EOD? Not a lot of people complained about that thread like some are about this one.

  9. #129
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    nyc
    Posts
    11,620
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    40 something teams have won a SB without Revis. One team will do it this year. He is a CB, not a QB. IF a CB means that much to an entire team then we are built wrong. Maybe people will finally see that this year. Colts fans went though it last year, and the owner realized that it was absurd to have an entire franchise depend on one player, but at least that was a QB and if there is one position to allow that to happen, that is the one.

    I agree about Woody. He spends money to make money, not b.c he wants to have a great football team. The fact that he is willing to spend money is overrated b.c he does not spend it wisely. He spends money to make splashes. But Woody isn't going anywhere so there is no use in discussing that.
    What you say is true, but when you have Revis, you tend to game plan, and build around him (or at least take it into consideration when making personnel decisions). I'd like to think that if we didn't have Revis, we would have been more focused on a paid rush, from both a scheme and a personnel standpoint.

  10. #130
    Quote Originally Posted by PatriotReign View Post
    What a difference 4 games make...wasn't there an anti SAR thread after the Buffalo win saying that he should EOD? Not a lot of people complained about that thread like some are about this one.
    One more win against a lackluster team and those threads will be back. Some people never learn.

  11. #131
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Where's your avatar?
    I voluntarily erased it. And will not put up another until the Jets find a QB worth a damn.



    (which means....no more Avatar for me...ever....)

  12. #132
    Quote Originally Posted by PatriotReign View Post
    What a difference 4 games make...wasn't there an anti SAR thread after the Buffalo win saying that he should EOD? Not a lot of people complained about that thread like some are about this one.
    Honestly, both threads represent typical fan reaction to lopsided games.

  13. #133
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Oceanside, Long Island
    Posts
    10,779
    Quote Originally Posted by RevisCroWilson View Post
    Your making judgments based on zero facts....I have not been posting on this board backing everything the jets do. I do not "drink the koolaid" and at the same time I do not jump overboard every chance something does not go as planned or as expected. I also was not making it up, a blind man can see all the people coming on the board late yesterday and today with the "I told you" talk. NOw did I come out and say that they wanted them to lose? It just seemed that too many people were too excited to say I told you so that it seemed like they'd rather the team lose. Do I honestly believe this true for all the posters that are so called "realists"? No, but I can assure you there are a few that rather be right then the jets win.....Continue defending your "realists" honor sorry if I offended you...
    If you think there are so many in that group then be my guest and name them. Like any other active board I am sure all points of view probably have a few adherents even oddball ones but I question anyone who thinks a large group of posters fall into the category of fans who want the Jets to lose so that they can come on here and gloat.

    It is far more likely that the largest group are simply people who hoped for the best, feared for the worst and have now been shown to be correct in those fears. Rather than discuss what comes next a knee jerk reaction from people who have been on the other side of these "debates" is to accuse the what comes next crowd of secretly rooting for the implosion to happen. None of which has anything whatsoever to do with the what comes next question and everything to do with deflecting for the real issue and slamming other Jets posters at the same time.

  14. #134
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    18,554
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    I voluntarily erased it. And will not put up another until the Jets find a QB worth a damn.



    (which means....no more Avatar for me...ever....)
    NAMATH! I'll put in a good word and have Lister make you one.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vD94dVu8lqQ

  15. #135

  16. #136
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    18,554
    Quote Originally Posted by jxc View Post
    One more win against a lackluster team and those threads will be back. Some people never learn.
    We have the Browns on the schedule?

  17. #137
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    NAMATH! I'll put in a good word and have Lister make you one.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vD94dVu8lqQ

    Sounds good to me.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us