Thread: Bad Coaching Bad Players = Piss Poor Performance

Bad Coaching Bad Players = Piss Poor Performance

Yeah we are in first still. So what. It won't mean **** against good teams.

COACHING:

Tackling - WTF is going on at practice that players who made the NFL can not tackle? All they seem to be doing is trying to arm tackle. Did the NFL outlaw wrapping up a guy? Because if they did the refs have not been informed.

Talking guys up - Enough is enough. At first my reaction was "Well of course the coach talks his guy up in the media that is his job." Unfortunately it seems that the players are letting Rex's bluster get to their heads. These guys do not seem hungry or motivated. They seem like they are resting on their laurels which are non existent. I used to think rex the interviewee and rex the coach were a separate persona and it seems that they are not.

Clock management - Hopefully rex was paying attention when SF got the ball in SF territory with 1:11 on the clock and saw how they drove up field and scored some points despite already winning. Hey rex "You play to win the game." That means scoring as often as possible. Sorry had to say it.

Game planning - Outside of the buffalo game the offense has been pathetic. I understand it's week four and it's a new offense but this is just bad. The defense has been nothing to write home about either. If the team lives and dies with revis then we're ****ed and rex is not as great as he is made out to be. Honestly I'm starting to wonder how great rex's d in baltimore would have been without the numerous stellar players he had there. It does not seem like our players are being coached at all.

Use of players - Why is green getting so many carries? The only running back we have that seemed to have any explosiveness or play making ability is now playing CB. Coples needs to be on the field all the time I don't care what his limitations are as perceived by the coaches he is constantly involved in positive plays when on the field.

PLAYERS:

Sanchez - WTF... I understood the first two years. Young kid small sample of playing time. Mistakes were inevitable. However, this is just ridiculous. Secure the ball mark don't scramble around with the ball if it is not secure this happens all the time with him. Throwing the ball into a defender two yards away only to have it deflected and picked off. Again this is not the first time and seems to be a regular occurrence, and has nothing to do with his wrs. Does he make some good plays? Sure, but so does every QB when everything else is going right. What separates the men from the boys is when you can make plays despite everything NOT going right. He doesn't seem to process what is going on fast enough and does not seem to have grown as a professional QB at all. He has gotten better at interviews though and that is it. I could go on. I supported the kid and can't do it anymore, he just doesn't seem to have it. Again, anyone can do well when everything goes right. Winners are the guys who make it happen despite problems and sanchez just doesn't seem to have that ability. The great/good qbs make nobody wrs into household names, average/bad qbs need established stars to do anything.

Wilson - Face palm. Wait no double face palm. Always either out of position or getting burned. Never seems to know his assignment. I swear to the football gods, allah, christ, budah, anyone listening I am so tired of seeing wilson 5 yards behind his wr. Then waving his arms because the wr either drops a wide open pass or is over thrown. He is such a lucky sht and he acts like he is the reason why there was no completion. Leads back to the swagger problem this teams seams to have. He sucks and he is a hot mess. His problems are consistent not one time occasional occurrences and he is not a first year player. Even the talking heads pointing this out today.

Green - Enough said. 2 yards and a cloud of dust. He is supposed to be a bruising back and yet he goes down at first contact like a high school girl at a frat party.

LBs as a group - WTF. Slow, bad tackling, bad decisions why are they starting? Put Demario in and see if he has anything to offer. Even harris is quickly becoming a joke. Our lbs blow as a group.

Revis - I know... your thinking "revis is hurt wtf are you bringing him up for?" he has to go unless he is healthy and willing to sign a reasonable contract. The jets can not let his bs ego hold to team hostage for a third time. People say "just pay him he is so great". Those same people will then complain about depth. You can't have depth when your paying a player other then the qb huge money. Not in a league with a hard cap that has 22 starters per team. It just doesn't work. Name the last team that got to and won the SB because of a megastar CB. You can't because they don't exist. Sanders always won with great teams and played on good defenses those teams did not win because of sanders. Revis can shut down the number 1 wr sure, but what about wrs 2 3 4 or te ends 1 and 2. The money needs to be spread around on depth and talent at other positions.

Holmes - Eh holmes, I've had enough of him. He is not elite. I'm sorry he's hurt but hold on to the damn ball and get touched down. He is a head case and is a distraction. Apparently he was complaining that he should get credit for PI calls. Ok that speaks to him and where his priorities are. Try holding on to the ball and you'll get the yards. I think Pitt immediately regretted naming him sb mvp because that is all he has to stand on and his ego seems largely inflated because of it. Outside of his MVP award he is a good wr but not elite. He is not big, is a head case, does not have elite speed, and has screwed up priorities "drug test issues as an example". I like the occasional buzz too, but if I had to choose between a multimillion dollar contract and burning some herb, the herb can wait until I retire.

SUPPLEMENTAL RANTS:

Tanny - He needs to go. Clearly the last few years he has ignored glaring deficiencies and is responsible for putting this **** storm into motion.

Fans - I hear more cheers and chants of defense for the opposing team. Maybe it's the politically correct network adding audio so the visiting team's fans watching on tv aren't offended, i don't know. It is not the way it used to be before a whole bunch of real fans were priced out of attending.

Woody - The west side debacle, hiring a non sports guy bean counter as gm. I don't care if he opens up his check book he does that to make money. Putting a winning product on the field seems like a secondary target.

I'm sure I missed some issues, but there are so many. I've watched this team actively for the last 28 years and though I'll always bleed green I'm thoroughly pissed off and tired of poor management and play on the field.

Hence my longest jets post ever.

At least Landry didn't blast anyone already out of bounds today... yay

Oh and fck reggie bush I hope someone cripples that fck. Saying revis deserved his injury.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Adding insult to injury: Dolphins look real good on the road playing a good Arizona team.

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    Adding insult to injury: Dolphins look real good on the road playing a good Arizona team.
    Yeah and it looks like NE is getting their form back. Enjoy first place because we'll be looking up soon at the other teams in our division.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by AmericanMadman View Post
    Yeah and it looks like NE is getting their form back. Enjoy first place because we'll be looking up soon at the other teams in our division.
    I think we'll lose to Miami and Buffalo. This team is brutal.