Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What do we address first?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    you get a rb , ol, receiver. Mark has proven when surrounded by talent he does not hurt you. So you do not reach for that position when you have several other of need

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    So if this ends up being a really long season and come draft time we have a top 10 pick, where should we go first?

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ken shroy View Post
    No team fires a GM in the middle of the season. I want him gone too, but it won't happen now. No Way.
    I agree !!!!
    The fanbase smells blood and needs a token victim.

We will given one (someone NOT directly responsible)......standard MO of a failed regime.

GM first ....................he decides the rest!!!

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bill Polian or keep Tanny

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets_Fragger View Post
    So if this ends up being a really long season and come draft time we have a top 10 pick, where should we go first?
    defensive line or maybe an edge rusher.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rainman View Post
    defensive line or maybe an edge rusher.
    I agree but I can't help but think that SOMETHING on the offensive side of the ball needs to be addressed first. It's really gotten out of hand at how bad we are there. Sanchez barely got 100 yds passing today that is beyond embarrassing.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was actually kidding.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rainman View Post
    I was actually kidding.
    okay good because I didn't really agree just didn't wanna say anything about it lol

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    So many questions. I know some of you might not like my response but hear me out.

1. Tannebaum needs to go and the sooner the better (no one will argue with me on that). Way too many picks and no results. You look around the league and it is frustrating to see 2nd and 3rd round picks develop and ours are jokes. Add in this offseason we needed alot on offense and all he got us was Tebow. Where was the right tacke? Where was a 2nd wr? Chaz Schillens, Stephen (Lamb Jones) Hill? Just overall a horrible offseason two years in a row and it is time to move on. Time for him to go elsewhere and do his contracts. We need someone who can evaluate talent.

2. I know everyone is calling for Rex's head. I'm 50/50 and I want to see the season play out. I think Rex is a good coach and I think he has done alot here. I think Tannebaum has given him nothing when he needs it. I want to see if the team plays for him or lets up. I think they will and though I think we might be staring 6 and 10 in the face I don't blame it on the coach. I blame it on the GM for not giving Rex the right pieces he needs.

3. We need a true offensive mind. If Sparano was brought in for the o-line I would've been fine but he has never been an offensive coordinator. We need someone with true experience as an o coordinator and someone who has had success.

4. Sanchez has had his ups and downs. As a Jet fan going back to the 80's we have never had a great qb. I have been a Sanchez supporter from day one and seeing how bad he has been at times this year I am realizing he is not the one to lead us to the big game. We need to find someone who is confident and can lead a team. Sanchez is not that man and neither is Tebow.

Overall this team is a joke and is in shambles. It is almost like having an expansion team at this point. The rest of the year I am going to enjoy it but not have expectations. Come January it will be time to make the switch and start new. If Rex survives that is fine. If not I think Woody might make a bid for John Gruden or Bill Cowher. Give them the GM/coach job and go from there. Be an interesting three months. Lets hope Rex somehow pulls a rabbit out of his hat and finds a way for us to win.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    They need to address the three most important things to a football team first:

1. GM
    2. HC
    3. QB

Whoever the new GM would be, he would have to deal with the cap hell we will be in in 2013, find a new HC, find a new QB, add depth to this team, rework contracts to be in a favorable cap position.

Possibly the hardest job in the NFL next year.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    You tip Florham Park on its side, let everyone slide out and start over. Top to bottom

Anyone just saying Tanny should go without Rex joining him is blind.

This team is weekly unprepared and out coached.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chops44 View Post
    1. GM
    2. HC
    3. QB
    correct

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    everybody keeps saying new GM and new Coach which I totally agree with. Any suggestions as to who's out there?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets_Fragger View Post
    everybody keeps saying new GM and new Coach which I totally agree with. Any suggestions as to who's out there?
    Shotty, Shotty, Shotty.

Marty = GM
    Brian = HC / OC
    Kirt = DC

Tinstar = No relation, LOL.
    Last edited by Tinstar; 09-30-2012 at 08:51 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rex and Tanny deserve the season. I don't like firing coaches during the season.

However, Cavanaugh should be fired immediately. Not blaming Sanchez entirely on him but there has to be a shake up and he is a decent sacrificial lamb b.c he sucks as a QB coach and is close to Sanchez.

I made a thread during TC about how there was a lack of intensity in position drills for the QBs compared to other teams. Just a very lackadaisical atmosphere. In contrast I mentioned how Denver's QBs were practicing. Couldn't tell the difference between Peyton Manning in positions drills and during the game.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Rex and Tanny deserve the season. I don't like firing coaches during the season.

However, Cavanaugh should be fired immediately. Not blaming Sanchez entirely on him but there has to be a shake up and he is a decent sacrificial lamb b.c he sucks as a QB coach and is close to Sanchez.

I made a thread during TC about how there was a lack of intensity in position drills for the QBs compared to other teams. Just a very lackadaisical atmosphere. In contrast I mentioned how Denver's QBs were practicing. Couldn't tell the difference between Peyton Manning in positions drills and during the game.
    I don't believe anyone should be fired midseason. There's still a long way to go and I believe Woody's decision making shouldn't be of the knee-jerk variety.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post

OK. Then the HC and OC who should be overseeing these drills at some point should have said something

The lackadaisical atmosphere comes from the HC. It's his team. He sets the tone.

He needs to go. His time is up. Make Westhoff the HC the rest of the season. What the heck.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    OK. Then the HC and OC who should be overseeing these drills at some point should have said something

The lackadaisical atmosphere comes from the HC. It's his team. He sets the tone.

He needs to go. His time is up. Make Westhoff the HC the rest of the season. What the heck.
    I agree. Coach gets the credit and the blame. It is the nature of the position. Rex has shown a inability to become a complete HC.

And if Rex did get fired during the season (which I think is a long shot) I wouldn't mind letting Westy be the interim. But we know that Sparano would be the likely choice.

I think there needs to be a little blood shed here. We are stuck with Sanchez at least for this season so I think we need to shake him up a little bit. It may backfire b.c IMO he hasn't responded well to adversity the past couple of years. But something needs to be done and I think Cavanaugh needed to be fired after Year 2. So IMO he would be the logical choice.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I said it last year and iíll say it now again, Tanny must leave.

When you dont have a football man in charge, you end up with a team such as the one we have today.
    Injuries are part of the game, and football is a game of attrition. Tanny has simply done a piss poor job at drafting solid prospects, and signing free agents that are able to contribute when asked to do so.

I donít think that a complete overhaul is needed. Yes, there are some glaring holes that need to be filled, but the nucleus of this team is still young (linebacking corp - Harris nothwithstanding)
    Now isnít the time to have bean counter in charge.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post
    Have to start at the top and work your way down.

1. GM
    2. Head Coach
    3. Quarterback
    I agree with this. But that QB has to be Geno Smith, not a free agent and not any of the QB's in the mix for the first round.

Geno Smith is the greatest football player of all time, trade anyone and everyone to acquire him