Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 36 of 36

Thread: Make Rex GM

  1. #21
    FAIL thread by the original poster. The jets blow BECAUSE Rex has too much say in personal; and we have a weak, easily pliable gm. Rex is AWFUL at personell evaluation. He should have his ass kicked out of all draft meetings and be sent to look at tape the day of the draft.

  2. #22
    How about hire a new coach and make Rex the defensive coordinator?

  3. #23
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    20,198
    Rex already is the GM.

  4. #24
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    18,575
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    FAIL thread by the original poster. The jets blow BECAUSE Rex has too much say in personal; and we have a weak, easily pliable gm. Rex is AWFUL at personell evaluation. He should have his ass kicked out of all draft meetings and be sent to look at tape the day of the draft.
    Yes.......

  5. #25
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ
    Posts
    2,460
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Rex already is the GM.
    +1. It's ridiculous that they make collective football decisions. Someone needs to be the talent evaluator, and someone else needs to coach.

    We have no weapons, terrible QBs, and the worst lot of draft picks over the last 3 years. It's a joke at this point.

    Put it this way: The best player for the Jets on the field today was Cro.

    Regime change, yet again, for this disillusioned franchise.

  6. #26
    [QUOTE=JetzIL; The real talent evaluator in my mind was Mangini. Since he left we have drafted like crap.

    I have to disagree on this.[/QUOTE]

    Ahh, in four weeks we seem to have arrived to Phase 5 of any mass descent into frustration. Praising Mangini as if we abandoned an impending genius is an indicator that we are entering Phase 6.
    1.Enthusiasm,
    2.Disillusionment,
    3.Panic and hysteria,
    4.Search for the guilty,
    5.Punishment of the innocent, and
    6.Praise and honor for the non participants

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Equilibrium View Post
    Ahh, in four weeks we seem to have arrived to Phase 5 of any mass descent into frustration. Praising Mangini as if we abandoned an impending genius is an indicator that we are entering Phase 6.
    1.Enthusiasm,
    2.Disillusionment,
    3.Panic and hysteria,
    4.Search for the guilty,
    5.Punishment of the innocent, and
    6.Praise and honor for the non participants
    For me it has become painfully obvious that Rex and Tanny can't pick talent. Yes, under Mangini there was VG but there was much more up then down. Since then we have not seen any significant talent throught the draft. It has looked the team was put together through a fantasy draft. I am not saying I want Mangini as head coach again just that he has a good I for talent.

    And yes I am extremely frustrated with "hole" team!!!!

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by JetzIL View Post
    For me it has become painfully obvious that Rex and Tanny can't pick talent. Yes, under Mangini there was VG but there was much more up then down. Since then we have not seen any significant talent throught the draft. It has looked the team was put together through a fantasy draft. I am not saying I want Mangini as head coach again just that he has a good I for talent.

    And yes I am extremely frustrated with "hole" team!!!!
    I am very perturbed about what this team has displayed these past three weeks.

    The verdict on the Ryan/ Tannenbaum regime will be dealt with in the offseason. Any drastic changes now could turn a crisis into a fiasco. I don't think Woody was expected to fire Mangini after Favre tanked the 2008 season. Yet, he did.

    I am in favor of continuity of leadership. Something this team has rarely had. I'd prefer a weaker Ryan limited to game day functions and proven, new, strong GM capable of obtaining talent.

    Rex's crippled defense held the 49ers to 13 points for near three quarters today before they collapsed out of exhaustion. A competent offense, run competently with competent players could have won the game.

    Sparano's first year, the seeming indecisiveness created by Tebow, injuries, inconsistent WR play, a pitiful running game and Sanchez becoming a psychological hamburger every time the opposition closes around him has turned the offense into a cacophony of ineptitude and paralysis.

    Ryan's coaching legacy will probably be determined by how he meets this crisis. He's responded well to crises before; I'm willing to give him some time.

  9. #29
    Mangini for GM.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by EternalChampion View Post
    I agree with Parcels, if you're going to make the dinner you should get to buy the groceries. Rex has a unique way of doing things, give them the flexibility he needs.
    Yeah, he is a brilliant evaluator of talent. And I'm the King of China.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by parafly View Post
    This has to be a joke. Rex's talent evaluation skills are terrible.
    Rex thinks that HE is a great HC... Ha Ha Ha...
    What a douche!

  12. #32
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    2,286
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan920 View Post
    Mangini for GM.
    im officially on this ban-wagon

  13. #33
    All you Mangini was great talent evaluator:

    QB Clemens, Schlegel, Eric Smith, TE Jason Pociask, Titus Adams, Jacob Bender, Ghost, Ainge, Marcus Henry and Nate Garner were all drafted during his 3 yrs.

  14. #34
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    The ZONE, Az
    Posts
    940
    ARE YOU HIGH?!?!?!?!?!

  15. #35
    if a new GM comes in then Rex is a gone. A new GM will want his own guy there so a regime change is goingto clean house and the Jets are back to rebuilding stage again
    Quote Originally Posted by Equilibrium View Post
    I am very perturbed about what this team has displayed these past three weeks.

    The verdict on the Ryan/ Tannenbaum regime will be dealt with in the offseason. Any drastic changes now could turn a crisis into a fiasco. I don't think Woody was expected to fire Mangini after Favre tanked the 2008 season. Yet, he did.

    I am in favor of continuity of leadership. Something this team has rarely had. I'd prefer a weaker Ryan limited to game day functions and proven, new, strong GM capable of obtaining talent.

    Rex's crippled defense held the 49ers to 13 points for near three quarters today before they collapsed out of exhaustion. A competent offense, run competently with competent players could have won the game.

    Sparano's first year, the seeming indecisiveness created by Tebow, injuries, inconsistent WR play, a pitiful running game and Sanchez becoming a psychological hamburger every time the opposition closes around him has turned the offense into a cacophony of ineptitude and paralysis.

    Ryan's coaching legacy will probably be determined by how he meets this crisis. He's responded well to crises before; I'm willing to give him some time.

  16. #36
    We've seen enough delusion out of Rex's mouth in respect to Sanchez alone that this is a horrible idea.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us