Thread: 1/4 to 1/3 49er's Fans - WTF??

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Angry 1/4 to 1/3 49er's Fans - WTF??

I realize that teams like the Cowboys have a national following and plenty of local fans that might want to see their team play. I realize that teams like the Pats, Bills, and Ravens aren't that far from MetLife Stadium - thus large crowds of opposition fans.

BUT - WTF is up with the enormous number of 49er fans? During one play, the people around let out a huge roar. At first, I figured something good (that I missed) must have happened to the Jets. Sadly, it was the Niners scoring again.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    unsold tix being sold to ticket agencys and brokers.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    unsold tix being sold to ticket agencys and brokers.
    That is always an issue. I just couldn't believe a West Coast team that hasn't been very relevant for years managed to bring 10-20K fans to MetLife.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    all the SOJFs jumping ship after Revis injury no doubt

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh so we need another thread on this

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Digetydog View Post
    That is always an issue. I just couldn't believe a West Coast team that hasn't been very relevant for years managed to bring 10-20K fans to MetLife.
    The fan base that grew up watching Joe Montana is still around. SF was the most popular team growing up for me. I was never a fan of how they did Joe in the end. I find it hard to root for them just because of that myself.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Digetydog View Post
    a very small percentage of them from from the west coast. Most of these clowns (Cowboys, Steelers, Niners, Packers) from afar are local NY area residents who decided when they were young to not bother rooting for a local NY area team and instead jumped on the bandwagon of some team that was winning at the time. You hear these fans from NY, NJ, Connecticut all day every day identifying the local town in which they live and then announcing that they are diehard Niners, Cowboys, Packers, Steelers or Raiders fans...

this sort of front running is the thing to do here in this area but is UNHEARD of in most NFL territories where you root for your local team PERIOD

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    30-40%

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I had it 70/30....just as shame with how this team can never have a home field advantage

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    a very small percentage of them from from the west coast. Most of these clowns (Cowboys, Steelers, Niners, Packers) from afar are local NY area residents who decided when they were young to not bother rooting for a local NY area team and instead jumped on the bandwagon of some team that was winning at the time. You hear these fans from NY, NJ, Connecticut all day every day identifying the local town in which they live and then announcing that they are diehard Niners, Cowboys, Packers, Steelers or Raiders fans...

this sort of front running is the thing to do here in this area but is UNHEARD of in most NFL territories where you root for your local team PERIOD
    Good theory but I never witnessed that happening at Shea

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Go Jets!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexamillion5592 View Post
    I had it 70/30....just as shame with how this team can never have a home field advantage
    WE WILL NEVER BE THE HOME TEAM AND HAVE NEVER BEEN THE HOME TEAM.

The only time we have the home field advantage is when we play in Miami.

20 years at Shea
    25 years at GIANTS STADIUM
    3 years at NEW GIANTS STADIUM

I HOPE THERES 3 feet of SNOW for the 2014 Super Bowl.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexamillion5592 View Post
    The jets dont have a home field..... they have a rented space.
    Woodys first mistake

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by neevsmazda07 View Post
    The jets dont have a home field..... they have a rented space.
    Woodys first mistake
    he did try for the West Side Stadium to get our own identity but once that got shutdown, he partnered up with the giants with his tail in between his legs and how we have this stadium that looks dull and its too big and the noise levels there are beyond low and he prices out many fans that had season tickets in the old stadium. its an absolute joke.