Thread: The one big bright spot....

The one big bright spot....

...in all this mess is the Jets schedule.

The Jets bye is slap-dab in the middle of the season. There are 8 games before the bye, 8 games after the bye.

If the team continues to struggle a major change could happen in week 9. That would give the Jets 2 weeks to practice together under new leadership.

With at least 2 games in the win column by that point and the possibility of 8 wins to close out the season(at least mathematically) hope could be partially restored before week 10's game against the Seahawks.

I bet they go 10-6 and win the division.

Quote Originally Posted by jxc View Post
    ...in all this mess is the Jets schedule.

The Jets bye is slap-dab in the middle of the season. There are 8 games before the bye, 8 games after the bye.

If the team continues to struggle a major change could happen in week 9. That would give the Jets 2 weeks to practice together under new leadership.

With at least 2 games in the win column by that point and the possibility of 8 wins to close out the season(at least mathematically) hope could be partially restored before week 10's game against the Seahawks.
    I'll play along. What's a "major change" that would turn this into a playoff-caliber roster?

Veteran
    sick, so we can win a couple more meaningless games and then have a ****tier draft position.

CANT WAIT

If you cant hang with the big dogs, then you don't belong in the playoffs. Our D is a joke, our O is a joke, I see no reason to assume that we are capable of beating any of those teams on our schedule on any given Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenWave View Post
    I'll play along. What's a "major change" that would turn this into a playoff-caliber roster?
    I have no idea. The team clearly needs new leadership. They've been showing up looking defeated and unmotivated going back to last season.

My view is that it's been that way because of lackluster play by Sanchez coupled with Rex Ryan's undying devotion to him. The common theme in the passing game during losses is the teams' receivers missing passes and looking back at Sanchez like "what the hell was that?"

Tim Tebow won't fix that problem.

Maybe it's McElroy. Remember him? He was the dufus that called out his team's 'corrupt mindset' last year and was grilled for it.

Since he seems like he was spot-on about that assessment and he's more accurate that the number 1 and number 2 guys... well... who knows... maybe Sparano and McElroy could seem like the answer if all hope is lost by week 9.

Veteran
    At this rate, the bye will sack Sanchez, causing a fumble return for a touchdown.