Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Santonio Holmes' fumble

Santonio Holmes' fumble

Did Santonio Holmes throw/flip the ball away carelessly, on purpose, in typical dog fashion, on the play where he got hurt and fumbled?

Check again

Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    Did Santonio Holmes throw/flip the ball away carelessly, on purpose, in typical dog fashion, on the play where he got hurt and fumbled?

Check again
    yes.

Jets Insider VIP

Check again
    Check again?

Are you saying he didn't?

I'm not even sure it even matters at this point.

All League
    Yes he did

My stomach hurts

Of course he did, it was obvious on the 1st viewing live, no need for even a replay. The guy is a dog to the bitter end.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Guy got hurt. It's probably a legitimate injury.... but the fact that he flipped the ball to grab his knee sums up everything that's already been said about the guy.

Veteran
    i think when he blew out his knee and went down he lost his head and thought he was down and flipped the ball out thinking the play was dead and being confused due to the pain. does not matter now, he's done for the season.

Hall Of Fame
    I hope nobody here ever tears an ACL. But god forbid it ever happened, I would love to see how some of you would react.

Think our offense is bad now? Wait till you see it without Holmes.

So what happens to Holmes? Just gets ignored? Unreal.....

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I hope nobody here ever tears an ACL. But god forbid it ever happened, I would love to see how some of you would react.

Its not an ACL. He injured his foot. And, while I can't say what my reaction would be, isn't fitting that a guy with a selfish rep gave away the ball and grabbed his foot.

Lot of guys get hurt in the NFL. When's the last time you saw that happen?

What drives nuts is seeing players that are hurt still make the plays and this dog throws the ball away
    He gets paid a lot of money for the risk he takes
    Remember cotchery's catch?
    Even the kid from Ohio stae yesterday made the catch
    Though I think it was a lousy call by the refs, he still should have held on tothe ball

i did.

the entire 2011 season.

You know I hate to see a guy get hurt but I hope he never plays another game for the Jets. He's a cancer in the locker room and damaging to Sanchez. Remember how Eli suddenly improved so much when Shockey went down? I hated how Holmes threw his arms up in the air to show up his qb after Sanchez overthrew him.

I don't care how talented a player is someone that selfish is not an asset to the team. The only reason he was still on this team is that Woody is too cheap to eat guaranteed money. He should have been cut after the Miami game last year.
    Last edited by Queens Jet Fan; 09-30-2012 at 08:38 PM.

I was discussing it with friends and family. Even after factoring in pain and frustration, it appears he "dogs it" and flips the ball in arrogance thinking he was down on the play.

Can anyone post it?

Quote Originally Posted by One Eye View Post
    Its not an ACL. He injured his foot. And, while I can't say what my reaction would be, isn't fitting that a guy with a selfish rep gave away the ball and grabbed his foot.

Never. You would have NEVER seen that with Chrebet. The man suffered a terrible concussion on his very last catch in the NFL and still held on to the ball like a vise.

Jets Insider VIP
    So what happens to Holmes? Just gets ignored? Unreal.....

Ignored by who?

What are you talking about???

Hall Of Fame

There is a thread here discussing that. Posters pointed out a handful of times they saw something similar.

This! He didn't even injure his knee! He grabbed at it, like he had exploded it to bits, but it was his foot - which according to the early reports isn't actually hurt that bad.

Sanchez saying Santonio was 'fine' in the press conference was the biggest tell for me.

IDK... I'm pretty sure that play was all Sanchez's fault....

Yup Sanchez told Holmes to fake an injury and flip the ball to the other team in the huddle...