View Poll Results: What is most to blame for the poor Offense?

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • Coaching (Sparano, Rex, etc)

19 31.67%
  • Quarterback (Sanchez)

24 40.00%
  • Offensive Line

2 3.33%
  • Skill Personnel (WRs, RBs, TEs)

15 25.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Simple question - Who do you blame for the failings on Offense?

Jets Insider VIP

Simple question - Who do you blame for the failings on Offense?

What on the field element is most responsible for the Jets bad O? (i.e. not front office, ownership, etc)
    Last edited by jetstream23; 09-30-2012 at 08:37 PM.

GM.
    Head coach.
    QB.

Hall Of Fame
    Rex, followed by Sanchez.

All League
    The team owner. For keeping the current general manager employed ...

SInce there is no poll, my #1 person I blame is Mike Tannenbaum for not addressing issues and failing to provide talent and depth on this roster.

Sanchez deserves a lot of blame as well. But we also have one of the worst group of offensive weapons in the NFL. Our starting RB sucks, so we can't even run the ball well enough to take pressure off of Sanchez as hes proven hes not a guy who can carry you offensively. The WRs are inexperienced and make a lot of mistakes.

The OL hasn't been bad, if we had a real RB we would have a good run game.

The facts are, we do NOTHING well on offense. So I blame Tannenbaum for not providing the talent and thinking Shonn Greene is a legit starting RB in this league, when its been pretty clear he isn't since he hasn't lived up to his rookie year playoff performance.

Hall Of Fame
    I hate to see Sparano get any of the blame. Who's going to call a better game with that putrid offense? You work with what you have. He's new here. This mess on offense belongs to Rex and Tannenbaum. Rex for clearly ignoring the offense for four years, and Tannenbaum for putting this scrap heap together. Chaz Schillens, Patrick Turner, lol.

Jets Insider VIP
    Everyone. Rex, Tannenbaum, Sanchez, the Oline, the RBs, the WRs, the coaches. No one is not at fault for this mess.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike D View Post
    I hate to see Sparano get any of the blame. Who's going to call a better game with that putrid offense? You work with what you have. He's new here. This mess on offense belongs to Rex and Tannenbaum. Rex for clearly ignoring the offense for four years, and Tannenbaum for putting this scrap heap together. Chaz Schillens, Patrick Turner, lol.
    problem is the coordinator should be calling plays that the offense we have can execute. sparano is and was never much of a coach at any capacity.

Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    Everyone. Rex, Tannenbaum, Sanchez, the Oline, the RBs, the WRs, the coaches. No one is not at fault for this mess.
    Exactly... There isn't one NFL QB that could make this pile of hot garbage work

Jets Insider VIP
    If you could swap our RB and two WRs for immediate upgrades OR swap the QB for a big upgrade, which would it be?

In other words, would Sanchez do better with better WRers and running game or would Holmes, Greene, Scheilens be a lot better with a better QB?

Schotty.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    What' the average YITL on O?

Practice Squad
    Sanchez

Sanchez

Sanchez

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    If you could swap our RB and two WRs for immediate upgrades OR swap the QB for a big upgrade, which would it be?

In other words, would Sanchez do better with better WRers and running game or would Holmes, Greene, Scheilens be a lot better with a better QB?
    Well, we've seen Holmes and Schilens with different QBs and they were both rid of. I'd like to think Sanchez would be much better off with an improved supporting cast, but I don't think we'll ever get to find out.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    problem is the coordinator should be calling plays that the offense we have can execute. sparano is and was never much of a coach at any capacity.
    Dude, our offense can't execute. Our RB gets the ball and immediately runs into a pile and falls down. How long was his longest carry today, 5 yards? 1 of those 5 yards is him falling forward or getting pushed from behind.

Again, Sporano was HIRED here, shame on the Jets. Shame on Rex. Shame on Tannenbaum. Tony needed a job and took one. The only beef I have with him after today is not for blowing up on the sideline at this team, especially Golden Boy.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

I blame our owner! We need real football minds running the show.

1. We have a cap guy turned GM.

2. We have a defensive coordinator as a head coach.

3. We have a 1st time OC who failed as a HC.

Woody loves to open his check book but for the wrong reasons. It's time he opens it for some NFL coaches and front office guys that have a history of success and a history of winning at their post. No more 1st timers!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by LockeJET; 09-30-2012 at 08:50 PM.

Rookie
    I have no faith in Mark, he's being out played by just about every QB in the league, including most rookies.

All League
    I blame Tanny first!

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    Well, we've seen Holmes and Schilens with different QBs and they were both rid of. I'd like to think Sanchez would be much better off with an improved supporting cast, but I don't think we'll ever get to find out.
    Sanchez was good in 2010 with LT, Holmes, Braylon Edwards.

His slide started last year with the RT issues and Hunter, as well as the loss of Edwards and no Cotchery.
    The roster has continued to get worse around him IMO.
    Last edited by jetstream23; 09-30-2012 at 08:56 PM.

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet-man View Post
    I have no faith in Mark, he's being out played by just about every QB in the league, including most rookies.
    Thank you somebody else that can se reality, he's probably in the bottom 3 worse starting QB's in the NFL