Thread: How About a Boycott?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

How About a Boycott?

I heard that in the 1970's, the Giants fans finally had enough and 45,000 ticket holders for a few games did a boycott. It was in the papers etc. And also a group of them hired an airplane with a flown advertisement saying "enough is enough" over the stadium during the game.

It worked. Ownership heard the call, fired everyone, hired Parcells, and the rest is history.

Have we gotten there yet?

Yeah they have our money, but they'd lose food and beverage sales, parking, and be completely embarrassed on TV because everything is technically "sold out."

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Different age and time. Too much money invested in tickets.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    i would be willing to boycott. 4 coaches club seats here. lets meet in the parking lot and burn the tix.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BleedGreen314 View Post
    I heard that in the 1970's, the Giants fans finally had enough and 45,000 ticket holders for a few games did a boycott. It was in the papers etc. And also a group of them hired an airplane with a flown advertisement saying "enough is enough" over the stadium during the game.

It worked. Ownership heard the call, fired everyone, hired Parcells, and the rest is history.

Yeah they have our money, but they'd lose food and beverage sales, parking, and be completely embarrassed on TV because everything is technically "sold out."
    Are you kidding? The Giants went through multiple losing seasons prior to that. Also this is a different time, I can't afford to burn my tickets.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here is what you do. Everybody sell their tickets intentionally to the opposing teams' fans so the entire stadium is rooting against the Jets.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BleedGreen314 View Post

The aircraft part would be rather hard these days (post 9/11 that is), not to mention with lots of games having a blimp in the area, you'll have to get approval/direction from ATC and they would most likely divert you around the stadium (unless you flew under ATC controlled airspace, which is under 1500 feet AGL IIRC and that would probably raise some questions as to what the hell you were doing.)