Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 147

Thread: Next game is key, it's huge...

  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Sucks is debatable, but your response is agenda driven and racist.
    you're white and a weirdo, what's racist about that?

  2. #22
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    19,844
    Quote Originally Posted by rextilleon View Post
    Ray Ray, you don't run this forum. Stop telling people what they can or can not say.
    Don't bother.

    Ray has carte blanche. Ask FF2.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by escamoter2 View Post
    Serious question: what makes you think that we have any chance of beating Houston after you saw what happened against the 49ers who are almost as bad as we are on offense (at least they have a running game)?????
    Every week is a new week.

    Any given Sunday

    The same reason that the Raiders can beat the Steelers and get pummled the next week

    I don't believe the Jets team that was out there today is the team that we will see next week and how bad the team is this year.

    Injuries are mounting though with key players, and that just sucks.

    I'm rooting for a rebound, I have no interest in drowning in self misery and playing internet GM.

  4. #24
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Boca Raton, FL
    Posts
    10,086
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    I guess you'll have to wait until next week just like I will and see how they play.

    What is your point? The Jets were garbage today, does this thread suggest otherwise, or is your agenda with me too deep that you didn't bother to read it?
    I read it Captain Defensive. I have no agenda with people on the internet like half the board here. It was a serious question.

  5. #25
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Ormond Beach, Florida
    Posts
    12,729
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    I can only imagine this board today, fans jumping off of buildings, screaming for the firing of everybody, replace Sanchez blah blah blah...

    Today was bad, bad for Sanchez, bad for Rex, bad for the team.

    This team didn't show anybody that they belonged out there...

    To me, Sanchez was never able to get comfortable, he had happy feet, rushed throws, didn't let plays develop, and didn't trust his receivers, and why should he consider what he's playing with. The worst thing for Sanchez and the Jets going into today was going another game without Keller. The timing is still off, the fumbles were bad, more bad luck on the Tebow to Epps play that would have given the Jets the ball in SF terriority early in the game. I mention these plays because they were big momentum plays. Epps holds on to that ball, maybe we score on that drive. If Sanchez doesn't fumble, we go into halftime down 7-3. It really is true, that as young Qb's develop, and face early adversity, they tend to develop bad habits, that is what I see with Sanchez. But, I'll say it again, Sanchez is really playing with a short deck, he knows it, but he also knows there isn't anything he can do about it. No Keller was big again, and now no Holmes, man, the luck. It's a shame, but it's something Sanchez needs to fight through. And before anybody even asks, Tebow doesn't do any better, not even close, so please, save the Tebow nonsense.

    The second half was basically the team falling apart and not having the heart to stop the bleeding.

    Many criticisms against the team today, from players to coaches can't be refuted, they just can't.

    I'm willing to accept the offense being out of sync, Sanchez struggling with young and inexperienced weapons, and missing Keller, but starting next week, that has to change. The season is on the brink, how can Ryan get this team to respond.

    I have no doubt the team is still punch drunk from losing Revis, ok, today they got it out of their system, they played too tentative, they played collectively on offense and defense like a team that was still trying to decide how it wanted to perform, how they wanted to play offensively, and how they wanted to play defensively.

    I got to give SF credit for the slight of their game plan to go with the wildcat, it was rather brilliant, and it made sense.

    Ok Rex, you got your dud, you have ONE week to show everybody what kind of team you have this year, and what they can do the rest of the way. The vultures will be out all week, the Tebow groupies are already out, and the SOJF's want blood. But to an extent, I can't blame them, a team that is supposed to be a contender, to be a team that is going to compete for a championship, on both sides of the ball, it was one huge dud.

    Every player needs to look in the mirror, every single player, they all need to be on the same page. Who gives a **** who is out, injured, come together and be a team, can Ryan do it with this group, and it's no easy task against a strong Houston team, and probably without Holmes. I've always said the mark of a good coach is how his team plays for him, how they respond to adversity. IMO, Ryan has always been able to get the best of out of the team when facing that adversity, they have that opportunity earlier this year.

    This team needs to at the very least show up next week, ready to play, come out with heart, come out with fight, come out with a purpose, be willing to be aggressive, be smart, come out swinging and show us the team has heart and that today was an aberration.
    Today I felt that Sanchez needs to be benched. Its for his own good. He is pressing and losing his composure a bit. Let him sit a few weeks. He will come back, hopefully, stronger and more relaxed. Another disaster by Sanchez against Houston would kill his ego! Its better to have him collect his thoughts on the bench! If Tebow can at least play decently Id be happy. We should be able to beat INDY without Mark. Then bring him back raring to go!

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Santonio View Post
    you're white and a weirdo, what's racist about that?
    You're black and annoying...

  7. #27
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Madison, NJ
    Posts
    2,185
    Ray- there was not a single "silver lining" you could even point to today. This was one of the worst performances in recent memory. Which is saying a lot.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by BleedGreen314 View Post
    Ray- there was not a single "silver lining" you could even point to today. This was one of the worst performances in recent memory. Which is saying a lot.
    There was no silver lining in the opening post of this thread.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Every week is a new week.

    Any given Sunday

    The same reason that the Raiders can beat the Steelers and get pummled the next week

    I don't believe the Jets team that was out there today is the team that we will see next week and how bad the team is this year.

    Injuries are mounting though with key players, and that just sucks.

    I'm rooting for a rebound, I have no interest in drowning in self misery and playing internet GM.
    We played horribly against Miami and Pittsburgh as well. Today wasn't an aberration; so far, it's the norm. We had no running game, the WRs can't get open, and the QB tries forcing things to make plays as a result. Furthermore, we have a defense that can't stop the run. The past is prologue to the future.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    I can only imagine this board today, fans jumping off of buildings, screaming for the firing of everybody, replace Sanchez blah blah blah...

    Today was bad, bad for Sanchez, bad for Rex, bad for the team.

    This team didn't show anybody that they belonged out there...

    To me, Sanchez was never able to get comfortable, he had happy feet, rushed throws, didn't let plays develop, and didn't trust his receivers, and why should he consider what he's playing with. The worst thing for Sanchez and the Jets going into today was going another game without Keller. The timing is still off, the fumbles were bad, more bad luck on the Tebow to Epps play that would have given the Jets the ball in SF terriority early in the game. I mention these plays because they were big momentum plays. Epps holds on to that ball, maybe we score on that drive. If Sanchez doesn't fumble, we go into halftime down 7-3. It really is true, that as young Qb's develop, and face early adversity, they tend to develop bad habits, that is what I see with Sanchez. But, I'll say it again, Sanchez is really playing with a short deck, he knows it, but he also knows there isn't anything he can do about it. No Keller was big again, and now no Holmes, man, the luck. It's a shame, but it's something Sanchez needs to fight through. And before anybody even asks, Tebow doesn't do any better, not even close, so please, save the Tebow nonsense.

    The second half was basically the team falling apart and not having the heart to stop the bleeding.

    Many criticisms against the team today, from players to coaches can't be refuted, they just can't.

    I'm willing to accept the offense being out of sync, Sanchez struggling with young and inexperienced weapons, and missing Keller, but starting next week, that has to change. The season is on the brink, how can Ryan get this team to respond.

    I have no doubt the team is still punch drunk from losing Revis, ok, today they got it out of their system, they played too tentative, they played collectively on offense and defense like a team that was still trying to decide how it wanted to perform, how they wanted to play offensively, and how they wanted to play defensively.

    I got to give SF credit for the slight of their game plan to go with the wildcat, it was rather brilliant, and it made sense.

    Ok Rex, you got your dud, you have ONE week to show everybody what kind of team you have this year, and what they can do the rest of the way. The vultures will be out all week, the Tebow groupies are already out, and the SOJF's want blood. But to an extent, I can't blame them, a team that is supposed to be a contender, to be a team that is going to compete for a championship, on both sides of the ball, it was one huge dud.

    Every player needs to look in the mirror, every single player, they all need to be on the same page. Who gives a **** who is out, injured, come together and be a team, can Ryan do it with this group, and it's no easy task against a strong Houston team, and probably without Holmes. I've always said the mark of a good coach is how his team plays for him, how they respond to adversity. IMO, Ryan has always been able to get the best of out of the team when facing that adversity, they have that opportunity earlier this year.

    This team needs to at the very least show up next week, ready to play, come out with heart, come out with fight, come out with a purpose, be willing to be aggressive, be smart, come out swinging and show us the team has heart and that today was an aberration.
    Ray I hate to say it the reason Rex gave the team 2 days off is because they are going to run out Tebow as the starter this week. It gives Sparano time to change up the offense. Houston has a great team however they have not played much against the wildcat . We do not have the talent to beat them ,however we might be able to surprize them with Tebow starting at QB

  11. #31
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,163
    Seriously we suddenly have an outbreak of racism today from Santonio above re: skin pigmentation or lack thereof and that trolling fake Nike in another thread labelling fictional drunks near his fictional 700 dollar a game Coaches Club seats as "White Trash".

    It would be nice if this trend in namecalling could be nipped in the bud

    Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    I can only imagine this board today, fans jumping off of buildings, screaming for the firing of everybody, replace Sanchez blah blah blah...

    Today was bad, bad for Sanchez, bad for Rex, bad for the team.

    This team didn't show anybody that they belonged out there...

    To me, Sanchez was never able to get comfortable, he had happy feet, rushed throws, didn't let plays develop, and didn't trust his receivers, and why should he consider what he's playing with. The worst thing for Sanchez and the Jets going into today was going another game without Keller. The timing is still off, the fumbles were bad, more bad luck on the Tebow to Epps play that would have given the Jets the ball in SF terriority early in the game. I mention these plays because they were big momentum plays. Epps holds on to that ball, maybe we score on that drive. If Sanchez doesn't fumble, we go into halftime down 7-3. It really is true, that as young Qb's develop, and face early adversity, they tend to develop bad habits, that is what I see with Sanchez. But, I'll say it again, Sanchez is really playing with a short deck, he knows it, but he also knows there isn't anything he can do about it. No Keller was big again, and now no Holmes, man, the luck. It's a shame, but it's something Sanchez needs to fight through. And before anybody even asks, Tebow doesn't do any better, not even close, so please, save the Tebow nonsense.

    The second half was basically the team falling apart and not having the heart to stop the bleeding.

    Many criticisms against the team today, from players to coaches can't be refuted, they just can't.

    I'm willing to accept the offense being out of sync, Sanchez struggling with young and inexperienced weapons, and missing Keller, but starting next week, that has to change. The season is on the brink, how can Ryan get this team to respond.

    I have no doubt the team is still punch drunk from losing Revis, ok, today they got it out of their system, they played too tentative, they played collectively on offense and defense like a team that was still trying to decide how it wanted to perform, how they wanted to play offensively, and how they wanted to play defensively.

    I got to give SF credit for the slight of their game plan to go with the wildcat, it was rather brilliant, and it made sense.

    Ok Rex, you got your dud, you have ONE week to show everybody what kind of team you have this year, and what they can do the rest of the way. The vultures will be out all week, the Tebow groupies are already out, and the SOJF's want blood. But to an extent, I can't blame them, a team that is supposed to be a contender, to be a team that is going to compete for a championship, on both sides of the ball, it was one huge dud.

    Every player needs to look in the mirror, every single player, they all need to be on the same page. Who gives a **** who is out, injured, come together and be a team, can Ryan do it with this group, and it's no easy task against a strong Houston team, and probably without Holmes. I've always said the mark of a good coach is how his team plays for him, how they respond to adversity. IMO, Ryan has always been able to get the best of out of the team when facing that adversity, they have that opportunity earlier this year.

    This team needs to at the very least show up next week, ready to play, come out with heart, come out with fight, come out with a purpose, be willing to be aggressive, be smart, come out swinging and show us the team has heart and that today was an aberration.
    its over johnny...its over

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike D View Post
    I read it Captain Defensive. I have no agenda with people on the internet like half the board here. It was a serious question.
    Then I apologize.

    And I agree, the agendas by many here are pathetic, it seems half the board gets off from calling other posters out.

    I thought we're all Jets fans, there are actually ******* fans on this site that would rather see the Jets lose/struggle just so they can thump their chests on an internet message board... Pathetic.

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by auctionking View Post
    Ray I hate to say it the reason Rex gave the team 2 days off is because they are going to run out Tebow as the starter this week. It gives Sparano time to change up the offense. Houston has a great team however they have not played much against the wildcat . We do not have the talent to beat them ,however we might be able to surprize them with Tebow starting at QB
    The 2 days off thing is being way overplayed. The Jets have a Monday night game, their schedule this week is entirely different, I have no problem with the schedule as such.

  15. #35
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    6,301
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    I can only imagine this board today, fans jumping off of buildings, screaming for the firing of everybody, replace Sanchez blah blah blah...

    Today was bad, bad for Sanchez, bad for Rex, bad for the team.

    This team didn't show anybody that they belonged out there...

    To me, Sanchez was never able to get comfortable, he had happy feet, rushed throws, didn't let plays develop, and didn't trust his receivers, and why should he consider what he's playing with. The worst thing for Sanchez and the Jets going into today was going another game without Keller. The timing is still off, the fumbles were bad, more bad luck on the Tebow to Epps play that would have given the Jets the ball in SF terriority early in the game. I mention these plays because they were big momentum plays. Epps holds on to that ball, maybe we score on that drive. If Sanchez doesn't fumble, we go into halftime down 7-3. It really is true, that as young Qb's develop, and face early adversity, they tend to develop bad habits, that is what I see with Sanchez. But, I'll say it again, Sanchez is really playing with a short deck, he knows it, but he also knows there isn't anything he can do about it. No Keller was big again, and now no Holmes, man, the luck. It's a shame, but it's something Sanchez needs to fight through. And before anybody even asks, Tebow doesn't do any better, not even close, so please, save the Tebow nonsense.

    The second half was basically the team falling apart and not having the heart to stop the bleeding.

    Many criticisms against the team today, from players to coaches can't be refuted, they just can't.

    I'm willing to accept the offense being out of sync, Sanchez struggling with young and inexperienced weapons, and missing Keller, but starting next week, that has to change. The season is on the brink, how can Ryan get this team to respond.

    I have no doubt the team is still punch drunk from losing Revis, ok, today they got it out of their system, they played too tentative, they played collectively on offense and defense like a team that was still trying to decide how it wanted to perform, how they wanted to play offensively, and how they wanted to play defensively.

    I got to give SF credit for the slight of their game plan to go with the wildcat, it was rather brilliant, and it made sense.

    Ok Rex, you got your dud, you have ONE week to show everybody what kind of team you have this year, and what they can do the rest of the way. The vultures will be out all week, the Tebow groupies are already out, and the SOJF's want blood. But to an extent, I can't blame them, a team that is supposed to be a contender, to be a team that is going to compete for a championship, on both sides of the ball, it was one huge dud.

    Every player needs to look in the mirror, every single player, they all need to be on the same page. Who gives a **** who is out, injured, come together and be a team, can Ryan do it with this group, and it's no easy task against a strong Houston team, and probably without Holmes. I've always said the mark of a good coach is how his team plays for him, how they respond to adversity. IMO, Ryan has always been able to get the best of out of the team when facing that adversity, they have that opportunity earlier this year.

    This team needs to at the very least show up next week, ready to play, come out with heart, come out with fight, come out with a purpose, be willing to be aggressive, be smart, come out swinging and show us the team has heart and that today was an aberration.
    Nice positive post, I hope you are right......

  16. #36
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Boca Raton, FL
    Posts
    10,086
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Then I apologize.

    And I agree, the agendas by many here are pathetic, it seems half the board gets off from calling other posters out.

    I thought we're all Jets fans, there are actually ******* fans on this site that would rather see the Jets lose/struggle just so they can thump their chests on an internet message board... Pathetic.
    I think we all have different reasons for wanting them to lose struggle. Me personally I can't deal with this regime anymore. The Rex schtick is old and played. The Revis / IR / Superbowl comment almost pushed me off the edge, the game today was it. If I had sand paper I'd take it to my right arm and rub (Jet tattoo). Those two AFCCG seem like 10 years ago.

  17. #37
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Staten Island
    Posts
    10,119
    Why can't you just admit that Sanchez flat out sucks, Rex is a blowhard that has zero buisness in anything other then Defense and the jets are a humiliating bunch of talentless underachieving jackasses that should be cut for no heart and zero respect for the game of football!

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Seriously we suddenly have an outbreak of racism today from Santonio above re: skin pigmentation or lack thereof and that trolling fake Nike in another thread labelling fictional drunks near his fictional 700 dollar a game Coaches Club seats as "White Trash".

    It would be nice if this trend in namecalling could be nipped in the bud

    Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2
    go to bed grandpa, no racism here

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    Nice positive post, I hope you are right......
    It's not that positive, but I think I get your point...

    Nobody is happy about today, no matter what agendas are out there...

    We all suffer as Jets fans after a game like today, there is nothing to spin...

    But, the true tale of this season hinges how this team responds next week, and it will speak volumes about how Rex as the head coach in his first real crossroad as the Jets head coach, and how Sanchez as his first major crossroad, how they respond will be telling.

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by thebigragu View Post
    Why can't you just admit that Sanchez flat out sucks, Rex is a blowhard that has zero buisness in anything other then Defense and the jets are a humiliating bunch of talentless underachieving jackasses that should be cut for no heart and zero respect for the game of football!
    Because this isn't the case, anybody can pound away and act like a blowhard from their keyboard...

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us