Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Next game is key, it's huge...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    I think this is a bit extreme, but I can't deny it, that is why I think next week is so important, and why I put up the thread.

I saw what you saw, a team that did not fight, that did not show heart, I saw a tentative team, but I kind of liken today to the 45-3 drubbing the Pats gave us two years ago, that's why I think next week, the next several weeks really, but starting next week is so big.

Rex knows what he saw too, he said it in his PC, he's putting the entire team on notice, it's a pivotal point in his tenure as the Jets HC.

I don't think the team is where you're suggesting, not yet, but that is why I'm anxious to see how the team responds.
    Honestly, as a fan of the NYJ, I hope you're right, I hope this is a turning point because they couldn't possibly play any worse.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think this is a bit extreme, but I can't deny it, that is why I think next week is so important, and why I put up the thread.

I saw what you saw, a team that did not fight, that did not show heart, I saw a tentative team, but I kind of liken today to the 45-3 drubbing the Pats gave us two years ago, that's why I think next week, the next several weeks really, but starting next week is so big.

Rex knows what he saw too, he said it in his PC, he's putting the entire team on notice, it's a pivotal point in his tenure as the Jets HC.

I don't think the team is where you're suggesting, not yet, but that is why I'm anxious to see how the team responds.
    Dude, stop drinking the Kool Aid. That 2010 team was extremely talented and it was just one of those games where everything went wrong.

This is an untalented team that got spanked by a superior team. They suck. They've been outscored 61-10 in the Steelers and 49ers games. They suck. Accept it.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    I hope the OP gets gang raped in a bang bus. I really do. What a ****ing moron. This team stands NO CHANCE against Houston. We'll be lucky to win a damn game before the Bye. Miami will smoke us and Indianapolis is no gimme.
    no call for that....you really should be banned for a rather long time.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detectivekimble View Post
    Dude, stop drinking the Kool Aid. That 2010 team was extremely talented and it was just one of those games where everything went wrong.

This is an untalented team that got spanked by a superior team. They suck. They've been outscored 61-10 in the Steelers and 49ers games. They suck. Accept it.
    The only difference between the two teams were the WR's. Extremely talented? Stop the crap.

That Pats game was a game the Jets just lost Leonard, it was an emotional blow, I saw a lifeless team out there today, it's not a stretch to suggest the team was still punch drunk from losing Revis.

Stop with the kool aid crap, there is nothing unreasonable about any of this.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you love this franchise the best thing you could wish for is for them to lose all the rest of their games, which will finally give Woody an epiphany to build a team the right way, and then watch him clean house and start over.

Just think, a New York Jets team that lights up the scoreboard on offense on a regular basis. The thought alone gives me chills.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I can only imagine this board today, fans jumping off of buildings, screaming for the firing of everybody, replace Sanchez blah blah blah...

Today was bad, bad for Sanchez, bad for Rex, bad for the team.

This team didn't show anybody that they belonged out there...

To me, Sanchez was never able to get comfortable, he had happy feet, rushed throws, didn't let plays develop, and didn't trust his receivers, and why should he consider what he's playing with. The worst thing for Sanchez and the Jets going into today was going another game without Keller. The timing is still off, the fumbles were bad, more bad luck on the Tebow to Epps play that would have given the Jets the ball in SF terriority early in the game. I mention these plays because they were big momentum plays. Epps holds on to that ball, maybe we score on that drive. If Sanchez doesn't fumble, we go into halftime down 7-3. It really is true, that as young Qb's develop, and face early adversity, they tend to develop bad habits, that is what I see with Sanchez. But, I'll say it again, Sanchez is really playing with a short deck, he knows it, but he also knows there isn't anything he can do about it. No Keller was big again, and now no Holmes, man, the luck. It's a shame, but it's something Sanchez needs to fight through. And before anybody even asks, Tebow doesn't do any better, not even close, so please, save the Tebow nonsense.

The second half was basically the team falling apart and not having the heart to stop the bleeding.

Many criticisms against the team today, from players to coaches can't be refuted, they just can't.

I'm willing to accept the offense being out of sync, Sanchez struggling with young and inexperienced weapons, and missing Keller, but starting next week, that has to change. The season is on the brink, how can Ryan get this team to respond.

I have no doubt the team is still punch drunk from losing Revis, ok, today they got it out of their system, they played too tentative, they played collectively on offense and defense like a team that was still trying to decide how it wanted to perform, how they wanted to play offensively, and how they wanted to play defensively.

I got to give SF credit for the slight of their game plan to go with the wildcat, it was rather brilliant, and it made sense.

Ok Rex, you got your dud, you have ONE week to show everybody what kind of team you have this year, and what they can do the rest of the way. The vultures will be out all week, the Tebow groupies are already out, and the SOJF's want blood. But to an extent, I can't blame them, a team that is supposed to be a contender, to be a team that is going to compete for a championship, on both sides of the ball, it was one huge dud.

Every player needs to look in the mirror, every single player, they all need to be on the same page. Who gives a **** who is out, injured, come together and be a team, can Ryan do it with this group, and it's no easy task against a strong Houston team, and probably without Holmes. I've always said the mark of a good coach is how his team plays for him, how they respond to adversity. IMO, Ryan has always been able to get the best of out of the team when facing that adversity, they have that opportunity earlier this year.

This team needs to at the very least show up next week, ready to play, come out with heart, come out with fight, come out with a purpose, be willing to be aggressive, be smart, come out swinging and show us the team has heart and that today was an aberration.
    Rex is doing EXACTLY what he needs to do, for THIS team THIS YEAR... It's on!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Any fan that thinks Rex should shut up, and that the talking needs to stop.

Please take your skirt, SHOVE IT UP YOUR ASS, and FIND ANOTHER SPORT TO ROOT for.

Seriously, there is no other way to put it.

This isn't equestrian, this isn't golf, this isn't a tea party.

It's FOOTBALL.

Final two weeks of the season, the Jets have NO choice but to win out and secure their spot in the playoff race.

Rex knows EXACTLY what he's doing, and message he's sending his players their is only ONE position to have, and that is to be ready for WAR!!!!!!!!!!!!

If the Jets go into this game afraid, worried, walking on egg-shells, they will be sent home PACKING.

Fans that are afraid, worried, scared about how the Jets are talking, how the media are trolling and hating, walking on egg-shells. Do you really think that this so-called "talking" will have a negative effect on their performance this week? Do you really think that any talking that is done between the teams will change how the game will or needs to be played?

Get the **** out and go root for another sport.

The Jets are in a corner, they've been inconsistent, they've looked like a team ready to contend for a championship one week, and then they come out like they don't care against the Eagles last week.

Does any freaking fan on here or anywhere think that Rex DOESN'T know that his team has performed any less than it has? Do you REALLY have delusions that Rex is blind to what this year's Jets team is right now?

If there are fans out there that do, you really are clueless...

I, personally, could not be more pumped for a game, it's distracting my Christmas week, but I don't care, I want this team wired and ready, scared? F that!!

Mike Lombardi, Rich Cimini, Mike Francessa, and all the rest of you talking clowns that haven't played a down of football, GFY!!!!!!!!

This is war, and I think that Rex is doing EXACTLY what he needs to do.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    The only difference between the two teams were the WR's. Extremely talented? Stop the crap.

That Pats game was a game the Jets just lost Leonard, it was an emotional blow, I saw a lifeless team out there today, it's not a stretch to suggest the team was still punch drunk from losing Revis.

Stop with the kool aid crap, there is nothing unreasonable about any of this.
    The only difference between the two teams are the WRs? WTF?

The 2010 team was extremely talented. Best since 1998. The defense could stop the run and you couldn't pass on the outside against Revis and Cromartie. That defense wasn't giving up 245 yards rushing.

And the offense? A healthy Braylon Edwards, Santonio Holmes and Jerricho Cotchery ****s on anything the Jets could put on the field today. Add on top of that an offensive line that was very good.

That team could go toe to toe with anyone -- two wins against NE, a win at Pitt, etc. This team can barely go toe to toe with Ryan Tannehill's Dolphins. In fact, when is the last time this team beat a team with a winning record? We suck.
    Last edited by detectivekimble; 09-30-2012 at 11:36 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetfan16 View Post
    Rex is doing EXACTLY what he needs to do, for THIS team THIS YEAR... It's on!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Any fan that thinks Rex should shut up, and that the talking needs to stop.

Please take your skirt, SHOVE IT UP YOUR ASS, and FIND ANOTHER SPORT TO ROOT for.

Seriously, there is no other way to put it.

This isn't equestrian, this isn't golf, this isn't a tea party.

It's FOOTBALL.

Final two weeks of the season, the Jets have NO choice but to win out and secure their spot in the playoff race.

Rex knows EXACTLY what he's doing, and message he's sending his players their is only ONE position to have, and that is to be ready for WAR!!!!!!!!!!!!

If the Jets go into this game afraid, worried, walking on egg-shells, they will be sent home PACKING.

Fans that are afraid, worried, scared about how the Jets are talking, how the media are trolling and hating, walking on egg-shells. Do you really think that this so-called "talking" will have a negative effect on their performance this week? Do you really think that any talking that is done between the teams will change how the game will or needs to be played?

Get the **** out and go root for another sport.

The Jets are in a corner, they've been inconsistent, they've looked like a team ready to contend for a championship one week, and then they come out like they don't care against the Eagles last week.

Does any freaking fan on here or anywhere think that Rex DOESN'T know that his team has performed any less than it has? Do you REALLY have delusions that Rex is blind to what this year's Jets team is right now?

If there are fans out there that do, you really are clueless...

I, personally, could not be more pumped for a game, it's distracting my Christmas week, but I don't care, I want this team wired and ready, scared? F that!!

Mike Lombardi, Rich Cimini, Mike Francessa, and all the rest of you talking clowns that haven't played a down of football, GFY!!!!!!!!

are you 12 years old?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I can't. Hockey isn't on right now bro. But don't worry, as soon as it comes back on I'll heed your advice. Well, except for the shoving things up my ass part.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Peebag View Post
    are you 12 years old?
    Jetfan16 didn't write that.

Take a guess who did.

SAR I

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GoBigGreen View Post
    I can't. Hockey isn't on right now bro. But don't worry, as soon as it comes back on I'll heed your advice. Well, except for the shoving things up my ass part.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    I love The Jets, Rex and Sanchez. BUT.

Rex has shown some glaring weaknesses. Stating you are the best defensive coach in football, but being unable to put up any kind of defense without a super star on your team might indicate otherwise.

Sanchez had a horrific game today. It happens.

Did anyone really think we would win this game or the Texans game, when the schedule was announced? I had both of these as Losses pre-season. So stating that two games we expect to lose are season enders if we lose them is silly.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

Angry Clown is angry.

"Pivotal point in his tenure"? LOL. It's over. He's over. Sadly, we wasted a season to find out the ugly truth only 4 weeks in. You find those 12 wins yet? Advanced math tells me there are only 12 games left. 10-2 is happening. Yes?

SAR I

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by millsan1 View Post
    I love The Jets, Rex and Sanchez. BUT.

Rex has shown some glaring weaknesses. Stating you are the best defensive coach in football, but being unable to put up any kind of defense without a super star on your team might indicate otherwise.

Sanchez had a horrific game today. It happens.

Did anyone really think we would win this game or the Texans game, when the schedule was announced? I had both of these as Losses pre-season. So stating that two games we expect to lose are season enders if we lose them is silly.
    It's not about losing. It's about HOW they lost.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detectivekimble View Post
    The only difference between the two teams are the WRs? WTF?

The 2010 team was extremely talented. Best since 1998. The defense could stop the run and you couldn't pass on the outside against Revis and Cromartie. That defense wasn't giving up 245 yards rushing.

And the offense? A healthy Braylon Edwards, Santonio Holmes and Jerricho Cotchery ****s on anything the Jets could put on the field today. Add on top of that an offensive line that was very good.

That team could go toe to toe with anyone -- two wins against NE, a win at Pitt, etc. This team can barely go toe to toe with Ryan Tannehill's Dolphins. In fact, when is the last time this team beat a team with a winning record? We suck.
    LOL, so you go ahead and list the WR's, the exact position that I said was the biggest difference between the two teams, the only difference.

You mention Revis and Cromartie, that's genius, they were on both teams...

You mention how the 10 team could stop the run, but no mention of the talent

LOL, you really aren't very bright
    Last edited by Ray Ray19; 09-30-2012 at 11:50 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post

Angry Clown is angry.

"Pivotal point in his tenure"? LOL. It's over. He's over. Sadly, we wasted a season to find out the ugly truth only 4 weeks in. You find those 12 wins yet? Advanced math tells me there are only 12 games left. 10-2 is happening. Yes?

SAR I
    Still waiting

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Shut up, twerp.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    LOL, so you go ahead and list the WR's, the exact position that I said was the biggest difference between the two teams, the only difference.

SMH
    Ugh, we had the best RT in football. David Harris was a step faster. Bart Scott, Calvin Pace, and Bryan Thomas were younger and better. LT then was better than Shonne Greene now. The ONLY thing better on this team are the safeties.

Yeah, Rah Rah, it's the same talented team. Everything is going to be just fine.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well you guys can keep arguing about the two teams, but to me, the huge difference between 2010 and 2012 is that paper bags are now made of higher quality so one I put over my head while watching this team should last the remainder of the season.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets Things View Post

Shut up, twerp.
    Learn the game! Rex has this team right where he wants them to be, he knows what to do for this team, at this time, this moment, this season. If you can't handle what's about to happen next Monday night, that's your problem, not mine. If you can't handle the sport, go cheer on ballerinas or find an equestrian match, because THIS IS WAR!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Jetfan16; 10-01-2012 at 12:02 AM.