Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Next game is key, it's huge...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    LOL, so you go ahead and list the WR's, the exact position that I said was the biggest difference between the two teams, the only difference.

You mention Revis and Cromartie, that's genius, they were on both teams...

You mention how the 10 team could stop the run, but no mention of the talent

LOL, you really aren't very bright
    You're an idiot.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detectivekimble View Post
    Ugh, we had the best RT in football. David Harris was a step faster. Bart Scott, Calvin Pace, and Bryan Thomas were younger and better. LT then was better than Shonne Greene now. The ONLY thing better on this team are the safeties.

Yeah, Rah Rah, it's the same talented team. Everything is going to be just fine.
    LMAO

That RT at the time and in the playoffs was Wayne Hunter/

BWHahahahahaha

Scott and Thomas were a whole 2 years younger?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post

Angry Clown is angry.

"Pivotal point in his tenure"? LOL. It's over. He's over. Sadly, we wasted a season to find out the ugly truth only 4 weeks in. You find those 12 wins yet? Advanced math tells me there are only 12 games left. 10-2 is happening. Yes?

SAR I
    It's over, but the thing is, how long do you think it's going to take before the owner comes to the same conclusion?

No way Rex gets fired after this year, doesn't matter if they end up going 2-14, he's built up way too much good will in Woody's mind to warrant a firing this year. Now, let's say about 2 years from now and things look more or less how they do now, then a coaching change might happen. Until then, all we can do is kick back and enjoy the T-Rex show.
    Last edited by Jetfan16; 10-01-2012 at 12:03 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detectivekimble View Post
    You're an idiot.
    Ahh, when backed into a corner and no where to turn except back up your ass, let's attack instead....

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    LMAO

BWHahahahahaha

Stop making a spectacle of yourself. Have you no pride?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    LMAO

BWHahahahahaha

Damien Woody played 13 games in 2010.

Yes, they were a "whole" two years younger. Athleticism goes quickly. But, if you think that Thomas and Pace are fine, well, then, you're dumber than I thought. And I didn't think that was possible.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I look forward to next game like a case of the shingles.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ray, after a loss like that the collective mentality will lean heavily towards the season being over and the team needing to be completely overhauled...

They need a week to *****, moan, cry, whine...

It's why I choose not to post much on weeks we lose.

Just food for thought...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    Ray, after a loss like that the collective mentality will lean heavily towards the season being over and the team needing to be completely overhauled...

They need a week to *****, moan, cry, whine...

It's why I choose not to post much on weeks we lose.

Just food for thought...
    Yeah, I thought about it, but figured why let the same group of SOJF influence me?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I can only imagine this board today, fans jumping off of buildings, screaming for the firing of everybody, replace Sanchez blah blah blah...

Today was bad, bad for Sanchez, bad for Rex, bad for the team.

This team didn't show anybody that they belonged out there...

To me, Sanchez was never able to get comfortable, he had happy feet, rushed throws, didn't let plays develop, and didn't trust his receivers, and why should he consider what he's playing with. The worst thing for Sanchez and the Jets going into today was going another game without Keller. The timing is still off, the fumbles were bad, more bad luck on the Tebow to Epps play that would have given the Jets the ball in SF terriority early in the game. I mention these plays because they were big momentum plays. Epps holds on to that ball, maybe we score on that drive. If Sanchez doesn't fumble, we go into halftime down 7-3. It really is true, that as young Qb's develop, and face early adversity, they tend to develop bad habits, that is what I see with Sanchez. But, I'll say it again, Sanchez is really playing with a short deck, he knows it, but he also knows there isn't anything he can do about it. No Keller was big again, and now no Holmes, man, the luck. It's a shame, but it's something Sanchez needs to fight through. And before anybody even asks, Tebow doesn't do any better, not even close, so please, save the Tebow nonsense.

The second half was basically the team falling apart and not having the heart to stop the bleeding.

Many criticisms against the team today, from players to coaches can't be refuted, they just can't.

I'm willing to accept the offense being out of sync, Sanchez struggling with young and inexperienced weapons, and missing Keller, but starting next week, that has to change. The season is on the brink, how can Ryan get this team to respond.

I have no doubt the team is still punch drunk from losing Revis, ok, today they got it out of their system, they played too tentative, they played collectively on offense and defense like a team that was still trying to decide how it wanted to perform, how they wanted to play offensively, and how they wanted to play defensively.

I got to give SF credit for the slight of their game plan to go with the wildcat, it was rather brilliant, and it made sense.

Ok Rex, you got your dud, you have ONE week to show everybody what kind of team you have this year, and what they can do the rest of the way. The vultures will be out all week, the Tebow groupies are already out, and the SOJF's want blood. But to an extent, I can't blame them, a team that is supposed to be a contender, to be a team that is going to compete for a championship, on both sides of the ball, it was one huge dud.

Every player needs to look in the mirror, every single player, they all need to be on the same page. Who gives a **** who is out, injured, come together and be a team, can Ryan do it with this group, and it's no easy task against a strong Houston team, and probably without Holmes. I've always said the mark of a good coach is how his team plays for him, how they respond to adversity. IMO, Ryan has always been able to get the best of out of the team when facing that adversity, they have that opportunity earlier this year.

This team needs to at the very least show up next week, ready to play, come out with heart, come out with fight, come out with a purpose, be willing to be aggressive, be smart, come out swinging and show us the team has heart and that today was an aberration.
    You sound like a bizarre version of Knute Rockne. You are all over the place.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Next week is going to be worse then this week. Texans are better then the niners on offense and equal if not better on defense.

They are going to run arian foster and we are going to run greene.
    They are going to throw to andre johnson and we are going to throw to chaz schilens.

"You've seen him. You know how strong he is. You cant win!!!!"
    i don't know your side on the Sanchez arguement, but the subtlety in your post is brilliant.

no mentions of Sanchez... the problems with this team lie far deeper than just him.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't know what's worse; the SOJ pack, or Ray and his anti-SOJ crew. You guys are just as dense.

How about just - the team stinks and Sanchez isn't who we thought he was. Why? CAUSE IT FCKING HAPPENED.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't think the next game is any more huge than any other game. You can say the same thing about the Indy game when we play them.... So I'm not sure I get the point of the thread.

I was pretty sure we'd get handled this game. I'm POSITIVE we get handled next week.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, I thought about it, but figured why let the same group of SOJF influence me?
    It's not SOJF; it's SOJ.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Every week is a new week.

Any given Sunday
    If that's the best reason can come up with for a win next week, we're ****ing ****ed.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rextilleon View Post
    You sound like a bizarre version of Knute Rockne. You are all over the place.
    When Rae Caruth was convicted of murder here in Charlotte...his "MAMA" was screaming as they took him to jail.

"MY Rae is a good boy"... That is RAYRAY. Some people will not see what is directly in front of them.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    What exactly have I been wrong about?

Seriously, not at all interested in the responses from know-nothing blowhards like you.

This thread isn't about being right or wrong, it isn't about me, it's about the team, stay on topic.
    sanchez for starters he sucks always has and always will.......he could have rice.moss, and maynard for his wr's and he would still throw into triple coverage and over or underthrow them. Having better wr's is not going to help the fact he still can not read a defense to save his life.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    I don't know what's worse; the SOJ pack, or Ray and his anti-SOJ crew. You guys are just as dense.

How about just - the team stinks and Sanchez isn't who we thought he was. Why? CAUSE IT FCKING HAPPENED.

Haha great post..

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    "....This team needs to at the very least show up next week, ready to play, come out with heart, come out with fight, come out with a purpose, be willing to be aggressive, be smart, come out swinging and show us the team has heart and that today was an aberration..."

That's exactly what they were supposed to do yesterday. Yesterday's game was huge, not next week. Yesterday. The whole world talked about how this team was done without Revis, looked like **** against the Dolphins, and had no direction. They had a chance to show up and prove everyone wrong. They had the perfect opponent at the perfect time to show the world that they wern't lying down and rolling over. Top tier NFC superbowl contender, packed stadium with Jet fans and 9er fans on national tv. They didn't have to win, but they had to fight goddamnit. They had to show that they still gave a ****.

And what'd they do? They gave up, lied down and rolled over. Our fans left in disgust and embarrasment while their fans chanted and cheered the massacre.

They had their opportunity, it's finished now.
    Last edited by Green&White51; 10-01-2012 at 08:48 AM.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rex knows what he saw too, he said it in his PC, he's putting the entire team on notice.
    By giving them 2 days off.

Maybe he should bury a football.