Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 147

Thread: Next game is key, it's huge...

  1. #121
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    By giving them 2 days off.


    Maybe he should bury a football.

    I know right? A real HC would use the extra day to practice fundamentals. Not Rex. Rewards a pathetic effort with an extra day off. Way to go.

  2. #122
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    Maybe he should bury a football.
    ala Belichick in 2001, eh?

    That out of the way, 2 days off with a Monday night game upcoming is not unusual...

    Trolls gon' troll...

  3. #123
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    (┌・。・)┌ lolgfy
    Posts
    32,466
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    By giving them 2 days off.


    Maybe he should bury a football.
    And their playoff hopes with it.

  4. #124
    Quote Originally Posted by Conkboy View Post
    Unfortunately for us, the only team that Tebow would do well against is the team he plays for...

    This team is going no where with the most pathetic offense I have ever seen. Three weeks in a row... They are horrible...

    The defense is a joke... Teams are rushing for over 200 yards a game against us...

    4 and 12 here we come....
    That, to me, is the hardest to take - an expectation of 200 yards rushing against this team is where we are. It's not a fluke anymore or some strange anomaly -

    The Jets defense, while not as bad as the offense, is bad.

  5. #125
    Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post
    That, to me, is the hardest to take - an expectation of 200 yards rushing against this team is where we are. It's not a fluke anymore or some strange anomaly -

    The Jets defense, while not as bad as the offense, is bad.
    ironically that's the best part of this, you can't blame the offense for this. i don't think it's a talent thing. i think he's lost the team. i think the defense can play better than this even w/o revis but my theory is that the defense is sick of the offense sucking and the defense is starting to resent it.

  6. #126
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    ala Belichick in 2001, eh?

    That out of the way, 2 days off with a Monday night game upcoming is not unusual...

    Trolls gon' troll...
    Actually, Rex already copied BB's football "funeral" after the 45-3 loss to the Pats in 2010.


    And teams are rarely given 2 days off after such a pathetic showing, Monday night game or no.

  7. #127
    No, next game should have been penciled in as a loss as soon as the schedule was released. Week 6 is a huge game. They HAVE to beat Indy.

  8. #128
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    Actually, Rex already copied BB's football "funeral" after the 45-3 loss to the Pats in 2010.


    And teams are rarely given 2 days off after such a pathetic showing, Monday night game or no.
    Well aware on your first note... We both know FF2s intention with the comment...

    Your second is complete speculation...

  9. #129
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    I know right? A real HC would use the extra day to practice fundamentals. Not Rex. Rewards a pathetic effort with an extra day off. Way to go.
    The Jets have a game on Monday this week, the schedule had already been changed since they have an extra day of practice.

    Various players have already said the team will be in today despite the already scheduled off day.

  10. #130
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    Actually, Rex already copied BB's football "funeral" after the 45-3 loss to the Pats in 2010.


    And teams are rarely given 2 days off after such a pathetic showing, Monday night game or no.
    **** off troll!

  11. #131
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    **** off troll!


    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Ahh, when backed into a corner and no where to turn except back up your ass, let's attack instead....

  12. #132
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Cape Cod, MA
    Posts
    3,663
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    Actually, Rex already copied BB's football "funeral" after the 45-3 loss to the Pats in 2010.

    that worked out alright.

  13. #133
    Quote Originally Posted by stanner View Post
    that worked out alright.
    Yes it did. But that's where the similarities between BB and Rex end.


    Think Rex has 12 more balls to bury this season?

  14. #134
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    By giving them 2 days off.


    Maybe he should bury a football.
    a better idea would be to bury himself, tanny, and maybe half the roster under the sea to never be heard from again

  15. #135
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    Yes it did. But that's where the similarities between BB and Rex end.

    Not quite. Don't forget they both share the same 2-2 record this year and have mediocre defenses (which is an upgrade for the Pats compared to the last three seasons).

    I can't even imagine the flak Rex would get on here (rightly) if he had Belly's track record on defense since 2009.

  16. #136
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    2,817
    I think it's better for the Jets to have been waxed than to have narrowly lost. It's forcing the Jets decision makers to take a HARD look at themselves. What will they possibly come away with:

    Play Coples more
    Play Demario Davis more
    Play Powell more

    This team was written off multiple times in 2009, they were left for dead in 2010 after their Ravens game, they were left for dead going into the playoffs not once but twice. The season has not written itself out yet.

    On defense, we still have talent, but will it materialize itself against Houston? In theory, Cromartie can take Andre Johnson out of the game. Despite their stats, both Foster and Tate are averaging below 4.0 yards per carry. The Texans are not an offensive juggernaut, we can right the ship on the defensive side of the ball on Monday night.

    The offense will have it's work cut out for them facing Watt up front, Barwin/Cushing/Reed in the linebacking group, and Joseph & co. in the secondary. Without Holmes, this is a tall task. But-- if Sanchez has Keller and Hill back, that really helps his chances of finding some success.

    In 2009, Sanchez bounced back from an 8.3 QB rating showing against Buffalo to post back to back 100 QB rating games. In 2010, Sanchez bounced back from the 56.4 QB rating debacle against the Ravens to post back to back to back 100 QB rating games. Again last year he bounced back from the 30.5 QB rating game against Baltimore to post a 105.6 game against New England.

    This season is not over. I'm not ready to watch geriatric Knick basketball quite yet.

  17. #137
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Ahh, when backed into a corner and no where to turn except back up your ass, let's attack instead....
    Rah Rah---you of all people complaining about "attacks". You have been attacking anyone who disagreed with your point of view from day one.

  18. #138
    Quote Originally Posted by JamaicanJetFan View Post
    I think it's better for the Jets to have been waxed than to have narrowly lost. It's forcing the Jets decision makers to take a HARD look at themselves. What will they possibly come away with:

    Play Coples more
    Play Demario Davis more
    Play Powell more

    This team was written off multiple times in 2009, they were left for dead in 2010 after their Ravens game, they were left for dead going into the playoffs not once but twice. The season has not written itself out yet.

    On defense, we still have talent, but will it materialize itself against Houston? In theory, Cromartie can take Andre Johnson out of the game. Despite their stats, both Foster and Tate are averaging below 4.0 yards per carry. The Texans are not an offensive juggernaut, we can right the ship on the defensive side of the ball on Monday night.

    The offense will have it's work cut out for them facing Watt up front, Barwin/Cushing/Reed in the linebacking group, and Joseph & co. in the secondary. Without Holmes, this is a tall task. But-- if Sanchez has Keller and Hill back, that really helps his chances of finding some success.

    In 2009, Sanchez bounced back from an 8.3 QB rating showing against Buffalo to post back to back 100 QB rating games. In 2010, Sanchez bounced back from the 56.4 QB rating debacle against the Ravens to post back to back to back 100 QB rating games. Again last year he bounced back from the 30.5 QB rating game against Baltimore to post a 105.6 game against New England.

    This season is not over. I'm not ready to watch geriatric Knick basketball quite yet.
    I have no problem with playing the aforementioned to see what you have. This is basic before starting the rebuilding procss.

  19. #139
    Quote Originally Posted by w0mbat View Post
    Not quite. Don't forget they both share the same 2-2 record this year and have mediocre defenses (which is an upgrade for the Pats compared to the last three seasons).

    I can't even imagine the flak Rex would get on here (rightly) if he had Belly's track record on defense since 2009.
    If you've watched both teams games as I have you'd agree that their records are the ONLY similarity between them.

    On your second point, if Rex had BB's track record since '09 he'd be considered a God by Jets fans who would have seen their team get to their second SB in 40 plus years, loss or no. And in case you aren't paying attention, Jets scoring D was same as Pats last year and is Much worse overall this year.

  20. #140
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    The Jets have a game on Monday this week, the schedule had already been changed since they have an extra day of practice.

    Various players have already said the team will be in today despite the already scheduled off day.
    That doesn't even make sense.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us