Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Next game is key, it's huge...

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post

On your second point, if Rex had Brady since '09 he'd be considered a God by Jets fans
    Fixed.

Put Brady on the Jets and Sanchez on the Pats from 09 to the present and how do you think BB and Rex's records would compare?

Rex has had one of the worst starting QB's in the NFL during his reign, while Bellichick has one of the all time greats. Yet the Jets have gone further in 2 of 3 Rex's years here.

Its easy to look like a great coach when your QB can drop 28 points on anyone like Brady can.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    I maneged to grab a pic of Ray Ray today hard at work.

Seriously after the start this year there is no defending this team.

Apart from Sanchez who has tried but failed.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    i'll buy most of it though i think the keller thing is a bit overblown. sanchez has had plenty of time to get in tune with his receivers and with keller coming off an injury how many games will it take for them to get back in synch?

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    I can only imagine this board today, fans jumping off of buildings, screaming for the firing of everybody, replace Sanchez blah blah blah...

Today was bad, bad for Sanchez, bad for Rex, bad for the team.

This team didn't show anybody that they belonged out there...

To me, Sanchez was never able to get comfortable, he had happy feet, rushed throws, didn't let plays develop, and didn't trust his receivers, and why should he consider what he's playing with. The worst thing for Sanchez and the Jets going into today was going another game without Keller. The timing is still off, the fumbles were bad, more bad luck on the Tebow to Epps play that would have given the Jets the ball in SF terriority early in the game. I mention these plays because they were big momentum plays. Epps holds on to that ball, maybe we score on that drive. If Sanchez doesn't fumble, we go into halftime down 7-3. It really is true, that as young Qb's develop, and face early adversity, they tend to develop bad habits, that is what I see with Sanchez. But, I'll say it again, Sanchez is really playing with a short deck, he knows it, but he also knows there isn't anything he can do about it. No Keller was big again, and now no Holmes, man, the luck. It's a shame, but it's something Sanchez needs to fight through. And before anybody even asks, Tebow doesn't do any better, not even close, so please, save the Tebow nonsense.

The second half was basically the team falling apart and not having the heart to stop the bleeding.

Many criticisms against the team today, from players to coaches can't be refuted, they just can't.

I'm willing to accept the offense being out of sync, Sanchez struggling with young and inexperienced weapons, and missing Keller, but starting next week, that has to change. The season is on the brink, how can Ryan get this team to respond.

I have no doubt the team is still punch drunk from losing Revis, ok, today they got it out of their system, they played too tentative, they played collectively on offense and defense like a team that was still trying to decide how it wanted to perform, how they wanted to play offensively, and how they wanted to play defensively.

I got to give SF credit for the slight of their game plan to go with the wildcat, it was rather brilliant, and it made sense.

Ok Rex, you got your dud, you have ONE week to show everybody what kind of team you have this year, and what they can do the rest of the way. The vultures will be out all week, the Tebow groupies are already out, and the SOJF's want blood. But to an extent, I can't blame them, a team that is supposed to be a contender, to be a team that is going to compete for a championship, on both sides of the ball, it was one huge dud.

Every player needs to look in the mirror, every single player, they all need to be on the same page. Who gives a **** who is out, injured, come together and be a team, can Ryan do it with this group, and it's no easy task against a strong Houston team, and probably without Holmes. I've always said the mark of a good coach is how his team plays for him, how they respond to adversity. IMO, Ryan has always been able to get the best of out of the team when facing that adversity, they have that opportunity earlier this year.

This team needs to at the very least show up next week, ready to play, come out with heart, come out with fight, come out with a purpose, be willing to be aggressive, be smart, come out swinging and show us the team has heart and that today was an aberration.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    The beauty of this game is that you're only as good or bad as your last outing.

If they can somehow pull out a win against Houston, it'll put them back in the thick of things and get them some much needed confidence.

I just can't see any circumstance that this actually happens after Sunday's game.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    "Sanchez was never able to get comfortable, he had happy feet, rushed throws, didn't let plays develop, and didn't trust his receivers"

What the hell else is new?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Can' t we all just get along !!!!!!!
    Ray,I respect your loyalty to the Jets and I can be a huge sun shiner as well. Yet this team is fundamentally flawed and it starts at the QB spot. We have been having the same argument about Sanchez for the last three years, it is not getting better. He is the same QB as he was last year an the year before. This saddens me because the guy has all the physical tools to be a good one. What he lacks is the stuff you need between the ears. If Parcells was the HC Mark would have been riding the pine last year. I am not sure it this will do him any good honestly. He should be totally up to speed by now,yet what do we see. We see a QB who DOES have receivers open and throws ahead of, behind, in the ground and of course over there heads. I in almost 50 years of watching this game I have NEVER seen a QB throw more
    Picks to D linemen then Mark has. I know he has been hit way too much, but Mark's happy feet and lack of patience blows up more plays that makes other players look bad. I am sorry to say it but Mark is ruin goods and I fear will alway be a below average QB.
    Great Qb's make all those around them great, good QB's make all those around them rise to the next level. I for one am tired of the argument of lack of talent on this team!!! We have the players to compete, they however cannot do so
    If Mark's level of play does not improve.
    One last comment, when I hear Rex defending this level of play by the QB and laying out the blame across the team to protect Mark's ego, I fear for his long term future with the New York Jets.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fltflo View Post
    Can' t we all just get along !!!!!!!
    Ray,I respect your loyalty to the Jets and I can be a huge sun shiner as well. Yet this team is fundamentally flawed and it starts at the QB spot. We have been having the same argument about Sanchez for the last three years, it is not getting better. He is the same QB as he was last year an the year before. This saddens me because the guy has all the physical tools to be a good one. What he lacks is the stuff you need between the ears. If Parcells was the HC Mark would have been riding the pine last year. I am not sure it this will do him any good honestly. He should be totally up to speed by now,yet what do we see. We see a QB who DOES have receivers open and throws ahead of, behind, in the ground and of course over there heads. I in almost 50 years of watching this game I have NEVER seen a QB throw more
    Picks to D linemen then Mark has. I know he has been hit way too much, but Mark's happy feet and lack of patience blows up more plays that makes other players look bad. I am sorry to say it but Mark is ruin goods and I fear will alway be a below average QB.
    Great Qb's make all those around them great, good QB's make all those around them rise to the next level. I for one am tired of the argument of lack of talent on this team!!! We have the players to compete, they however cannot do so
    If Mark's level of play does not improve.
    One last comment, when I hear Rex defending this level of play by the QB and laying out the blame across the team to protect Mark's ego, I fear for his long term future with the New York Jets.
    sojf