Thread: Boy was I wrong!

Boy was I wrong!

I admit it.I thought the Jets D line would be fierce this year.I thought Mo and Ellis were gonna really improve and Coples would be a stud..(although that's hard to do when you never play)

This D-line is just plain awful.It's gotta be the worst in the league..maybe the Bills is worse.Can't stop the run,rush the passer.Nothing!

I thought the new defensive line coach would help improve defensive line play

Hall Of Fame
    One guy that needs to start getting a little heat is Karl Dunbar. Everyone, including myself loved the hiring. But lets face it, Coples hasn't seen the field, Wilk has leveled off and Pouha and Devito have been brutal.

Beginning to think we overrated him a little bit.

Quote Originally Posted by IHATEDOLPHINS View Post
    I admit it.I thought the Jets D line would be fierce this year.I thought Mo and Ellis were gonna really improve and Coples would be a stud..(although that's hard to do when you never play)

This D-line is just plain awful.It's gotta be the worst in the league..maybe the Bills is worse.Can't stop the run,rush the passer.Nothing!
    I appreciate your honesty. Like most units on the Jets, the DL has been over-rated for the last two years. This unit has no dominating down lineman, is incapable of rushing the passer, and of course, they can't stop the run. The problem is a head coach with false bravado who has succeed in selling swamp land for years.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    One guy that needs to start getting a little heat is Karl Dunbar. Everyone, including myself loved the hiring. But lets face it, Coples hasn't seen the field, Wilk has leveled off and Pouha and Devito have been brutal.

Beginning to think we overrated him a little bit.
    agreed. Pouha missed all of preseason and it is showing! The whole DEFENSE looks out of wack with little intensity. Watching other teams like the Eagles & Gi-aints their defenses play with fire. Ours looks dull and disinterested! REX is an alleged defensive genius. Every year since he has been here the D has gotten worse and worse. If anyone should take the heat its REX RYAN aka Kotite , Jr.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by rextilleon View Post
    I appreciate your honesty. Like most units on the Jets, the DL has been over-rated for the last two years. This unit has no dominating down lineman, is incapable of rushing the passer, and of course, they can't stop the run. The problem is a head coach with false bravado who has succeed in selling swamp land for years.
    what part of 3 straight top 5 defenses is 'false bravado'? you have plenty to happy biatch about, but at least chose things where the facts dont contradict your whining

Quote Originally Posted by rextilleon View Post
    Everything Jets is over rated. Coples getting sacks against future stock guys at walmart made everyone so excited.

Quote Originally Posted by srobjets View Post
    Everything Jets is over rated. Coples getting sacks against future stock guys at walmart made everyone so excited.
    Absolutely--what the Jets do is tout the first round pick---proclaim him the second coming---then, everyone realizes he is barely average.

Practice Squad
    Oswego County, Upstate NY, USA with my wife and family.
    The problem isn't that these guys aren't good, but rather they aren't gelling, they aren't playing with fire, and they're ofteh out of position. I've bee a Rex fan since his hiring, and I am VERY ANTI ***FIRE-THE-HEAD-COACH-QB-AND-GM-AT-THE-SLIGHTEST-HINT-OF-MEDIOCRITY*** but if he doesn't light a fire under these guys... he isn't HC material. This is his time to motivate or else some of these Rex-doubters were onto something after all.

Quote Originally Posted by BXJETSBULLY View Post
    I thought the new defensive line coach would help improve defensive line play
    That's just classic Rex hyping up his coaches again....just like he thinks Pettine will be a great HC someday.

Quote Originally Posted by shuler82 View Post
    what part of 3 straight top 5 defenses is 'false bravado'? you have plenty to happy biatch about, but at least chose things where the facts dont contradict your whining
    LOL. HAHAHAH +1!!!

So was everyone in charge of assembling the team, it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisjets23 View Post
    That's just classic Rex hyping up his coaches again....just like he thinks Pettine will be a great HC someday.
    If Karl Dunbar was hired and Rex never mentioned his name I still would have been excited. Dude had incredible numbers and rankings with the Williams Wall out in Minny. That was truly a dominant and balanced dline. The hype with Dunbar's hire had little to do with Rex, sorry to break your heart.

All Pro
    i think it should be more on Linebackers more than our Dline.. but we watch them miss tackle after tackle the past few weeks.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoop24 View Post
    i think it should be more on Linebackers more than our Dline.. but we watch them miss tackle after tackle the past few weeks.
    Its shocking how bad Harris is playing. Shocking. He is so slow I almost feel bad for him because teams exploit him now.