Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 32 of 32

Thread: Jets record this season?

  1. #21

  2. #22
    Probably 7-9. We play a lot of scrub teams later in the season.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    Probably 7-9. We play a lot of scrub teams later in the season.
    Like who? There isn't a team on the schedule that I'd be confident we can beat. Best chances at wins are the Colts and Rams, but even those are toss ups right now.

  4. #24
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    2,286
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    Probably 7-9. We play a lot of scrub teams later in the season.
    news flash: WE ARE A SCRUB TEAM

  5. #25
    Only minor adjustment to my pre-season prediction of 11-5.

    We are where I expected us, as far as ecord goes, right now.

    Texans - L 2-3
    Colts - W 3-3
    NE - L 3-4
    Phins - W 4-4
    Seahawks - L 4-5
    Rams - W 5-5
    NE - L (change after loss of Revis) 5-6
    Cards - W 6-6
    Jags - W 7-6
    Titans - W 8-6
    Chargers - W 9-6
    Bills - ? either 10-6 or 9-7 (change)

    I know, I am a blind homer, blah blah blah. I am not panicking. Jets have shown flashes of good O this year so far. We just finished the first quarter of the year. My biggest concern at this point is our D more than the O. The D has not stopped anybody, all year long and most of last year and going back to the AFCCG vs. Pitt.

    D is way overhyped and O is over criticized. They all did poorly today. Sanchez, looked as bad as I have seen him in a long time. The D, on the other hand, let up long run, after long run and long drive after long drive.

    I still believe in my 9-7

  6. #26
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    great midwest -well not so great
    Posts
    9,089
    Quote Originally Posted by millsan1 View Post
    Only minor adjustment to my pre-season prediction of 11-5.

    We are where I expected us, as far as ecord goes, right now.

    Texans - L 2-3
    Colts - W 3-3
    NE - L 3-4
    Phins - W 4-4
    Seahawks - L 4-5
    Rams - W 5-5
    NE - L (change after loss of Revis) 5-6
    Cards - W 6-6
    Jags - W 7-6
    Titans - W 8-6
    Chargers - W 9-6
    Bills - ? either 10-6 or 9-7 (change)

    I know, I am a blind homer, blah blah blah. I am not panicking. Jets have shown flashes of good O this year so far. We just finished the first quarter of the year. My biggest concern at this point is our D more than the O. The D has not stopped anybody, all year long and most of last year and going back to the AFCCG vs. Pitt.

    D is way overhyped and O is over criticized. They all did poorly today. Sanchez, looked as bad as I have seen him in a long time. The D, on the other hand, let up long run, after long run and long drive after long drive.

    I still believe in my 9-7
    I thought at the beginning of the year anywhere from 7-9 to 9-7, but we are really getting wiped out on injuries.....don't think we have the horses in the stable to cover them...

  7. #27
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    2,286
    1-15

  8. #28
    If we go 2-3 over the next 6 weeks, and O starts doing what they have showed they can do, we should be OK. If D can make a showing for themsleves, that would help too.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Gastineau99 View Post
    Like who? There isn't a team on the schedule that I'd be confident we can beat. Best chances at wins are the Colts and Rams, but even those are toss ups right now.
    Jags, Colts, Rams, Bills and Phins again. 7-9 might be best case, who knows. We obviously are not very competitive with the upper echelon teams

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    11-5 starting with a huge upset win over Texans on Monday nite

    Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2
    The Kool-Aid kid has prognosticated

  11. #31
    3-13. We'll get one somehow, some way. Maybe.

  12. #32
    7-9


    There is a threshold where you get into a grouping of teams that we can't compete against. The 49ers fall above that threshold, as do the Patriots. All the other teams we play this year are below it. We'll be competitive in those games and win a fair number of them.


    We're a 5 win team that will be propped up to 7 wins because of the schedule. Next year we win 4 games. After that is when we clean house.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us