Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So you didn't like Shotty

So you didn't like Shotty

All you guys *****ed about Shotty, now look what you have. All you guys do is ***** about every coordinator the Jets have ever had. If Shooty was that inept wouldnt the offense improve right away? Hope your happy enjoy the rest of the season

Quote Originally Posted by batman View Post
    All you guys *****ed about Shotty, now look what you have. All you guys do is ***** about every coordinator the Jets have ever had. If Shooty was that inept wouldnt the offense improve right away? Hope your happy enjoy the rest of the season
    Schotty was inept. He had more talent during all of his years than we have on this team currently. We don't have Braylon, we don't have L.T., we haven't had Dustin Keller, we don't have Brett Favre, we don't have Cotchery, etc.

Schotty hasn't done anything great.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

is batman marty? .. is that you marty?

Marty it is past your bedtime... Goodnight!

Quote Originally Posted by JetzIL View Post
    Schotty hasn't done anything great.
    Sparano hasn't done anything good. I don't see any imagination.

They can't run the ball. Sparano changed the blocking schemes. Obviously it's made things worse.

All Pro
    Offense still sucks but it was evident Schotty needed to go....

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post

They can't run the ball. Sparano changed the blocking schemes. Obviously it's made things worse.
    I think the juggling of Ducasse and Slauson has effected Mangold. He got beat on what appeared to be a couple of stunts today. Methinks there are communication problems.

They need to pick one and stick with him.

Shotty needed to go. The people who hated him were totally and utterly delusional though. Worse yet I was shocked at how many people tossed rose petals at Sparanos feet. A few of us thought it was a horrible horrible hire from dday one.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post

agreed but its the philosophy of the HC that concerns me. GROUND & POUND and we do not have a road grader at either OG position! The center is not having a very good year in pass or run blocking. Our LT can not run block all that well. The RT is young and just learning! None of our TEs can block and our FB was injured today( hammy). How can Sparano fulfill his orders when he does NOT have the proper OL personnel to play GROUND & POUND. rex ought to wake up and realize that he does not have the required personnel to play the system he wants! The guy says he is a great defensive mind but its his offensive mind that I find offensive!

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by carlito1171 View Post
    Offense still sucks but it was evident Schotty needed to go....
    I find it humorous how on a team void of leadership, the only coach to take the hit was the coach who showed the leadership this team still lacks.

so you mean it wasnt schottenheimers fault? so it is sanchez fault.

@MMehtaNYDN: Mark Sanchez completed 70% of his passes with 3TDs, 1INT in Week 1. In the next 3 weeks? 43.6% completion, 2 TDs, 3 INTs, 1 lost fumble #nyj

Nice coaching and game plans, Sparano/Rex. Teams adjusted. Obviously the Jets haven't.

Jets Insider VIP
    Yea Shotty needed to continue as the OC, that is why we lost today!!!

Good Grief

Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    agreed but its the philosophy of the HC that concerns me. GROUND & POUND and we do not have a road grader at either OG position! The center is not having a very good year in pass or run blocking. Our LT can not run block all that well. The RT is young and just learning! None of our TEs can block and our FB was injured today( hammy). How can Sparano fulfill his orders when he does NOT have the proper OL personnel to play GROUND & POUND. rex ought to wake up and realize that he does not have the required personnel to play the system he wants! The guy says he is a great defensive mind but its his offensive mind that I find offensive!
    Well his defensive mind is missing too.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    so you mean it wasnt schottenheimers fault? so it is sanchez fault.
    Was it Shotty or Paul Hacckett that called that fumble before the Half and that INT in the 2nd half on a perfectly called Screen .
    Last edited by Tinstar; 10-01-2012 at 08:44 AM.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post

Good Grief
    It wasn't why we lost before either, and that is the point. U have a rookie in Miami,and in Washington and in minny that folks are talking about as leading their teams. Do u realize that in 4 yrs,only Jet fans have said Sanchez leads this team.

I got good news for u thou.

The # of Jets fans that sais this is getting smaller and smaller.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post

Good Grief
    Not why we lost genuis, the point which you missed is, the guy that was the scapegoat last year is gone. But the offense is actually worse this year. At some point you stop blaming coaches, but that has never happened here

You really just have to give Tannenloser and Rex credit for scouting the globe to find one of the few OC candidates that is no better than Schoddy.

Jets Insider VIP
    Not why we lost genuis, the point which you missed is, the guy that was the scapegoat last year is gone. But the offense is actually worse this year. At some point you stop blaming coaches, but that has never happened here

Oh I simply feel that Schotty wasn't a good OC and as I have said on multiple threads I think Schotty will make a fine HC...

So why the intial insult I just had a football opinion, Good Grief!!