Thread: This Offense is Criminally Bad

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like

This Offense is Criminally Bad

The fatal flaw of Rex Ryan is the lack of resources he devoted to building this offense. I may be in the minority, but the defense played outstanding in the 1st half and kept the team in the game. By the fourth quarter they breakdown with an offense that managed about 5 first downs. Greene is not a feature back, Holmes is not a #1 (does his best work in the slot, could be a 1b), Hill is a project, Keller is being cautious in a contract year. I think the Oline has played well this year, but there are no skill players to take advantage of it. Fully healthy, the ceiling of this offense was 18-20th, with Holmes, Hill, & Keller out, it is the worst offense in Football. I cant really blame Sanchez, but he still makes the same mistakes, can't handle pressure. Even with the loaded offense in 2010 (Braylon, Holmes, Cotchery, Keller, LT, Greene) he was average at best. If people want to blow this up at the end of the year, you start by getting an established vet qb, trade two 1st rounders it doesnt matter. This city cannot start fresh with a new rookie. Rex has to change his philosophy. We would have won a Super Bowl in 09 as well as 10 with a different qb.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by InRex_WeTrust View Post
    The fatal flaw of Rex Ryan is the lack of resources he devoted to building this offense. I may be in the minority, but the defense played outstanding in the 1st half and kept the team in the game. By the fourth quarter they breakdown with an offense that managed about 5 first downs. Greene is not a feature back, Holmes is not a #1 (does his best work in the slot, could be a 1b), Hill is a project, Keller is being cautious in a contract year. I think the Oline has played well this year, but there are no skill players to take advantage of it. Fully healthy, the ceiling of this offense was 18-20th, with Holmes, Hill, & Keller out, it is the worst offense in Football. I cant really blame Sanchez, but he still makes the same mistakes, can't handle pressure. Even with the loaded offense in 2010 (Braylon, Holmes, Cotchery, Keller, LT, Greene) he was average at best. If people want to blow this up at the end of the year, you start by getting an established vet qb, trade two 1st rounders it doesnt matter. This city cannot start fresh with a new rookie. Rex has to change his philosophy. We would have won a Super Bowl in 09 as well as 10 with a different qb.
    This is what happens when they blatantly ignore the offense. Much easier to just throw Sanchez under the bus. No Wrs, RBs, or OLINE but its all on Snachez. Thank god they line up the great Tim Tebow at Wr for a handful of plays each game. It's gotta be reassuring for Sanchez each time he sees it...

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Simply put, Sanchez is not a starting QB in this league..............

jf

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    This is what happens when they blatantly ignore the offense. Much easier to just throw Sanchez under the bus. No Wrs, RBs, or OLINE but its all on Snachez. Thank god they line up the great Tim Tebow at Wr for a handful of plays each game. It's gotta be reassuring for Sanchez each time he sees it...
    I agree with you to a certain extent, but even with loaded offenses Sanchez has never been a dynamic difference maker, at best a good game manager who could flash every few games or so. I would keep Rex, only if he commits to blowing up the offense and putting the emphasis on building it into a top 10 unit, because his defensive mind is Super Bowl caliber. The Jets defense would be looked at in a different light this season if the offense was even average.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Even broken Peyton Manning put up 340 today. Sad

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was going to start a thread on the offense but allow me to piggy back...one of the biggest issues I see is the fact that there is absolutely NO tempo that we heard so much about.

Every snap seemed to occur with about two seconds on the play clock...why? We need to start playing faster but we are no where close....when does this happen?

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Who can we arrest?

Seriously.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I mean we are in the game with only 2 phases playing only 10 points allowed deep into the 3rd. So phuking depressing.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with you to a certain extent, but even with loaded offenses Sanchez has never been a dynamic difference maker, at best a good game manager who could flash every few games or so. I would keep Rex, only if he commits to blowing up the offense and putting the emphasis on building it into a top 10 unit, because his defensive mind is Super Bowl caliber. The Jets defense would be looked at in a different light this season if the offense was even average.
    Why would you keep Rex? He is all talk and could care less about 2/3ds of the game

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by frankiepapa View Post
    I was going to start a thread on the offense but allow me to piggy back...one of the biggest issues I see is the fact that there is absolutely NO tempo that we heard so much about.

Every snap seemed to occur with about two seconds on the play clock...why? We need to start playing faster but we are no where close....when does this happen?

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
    Tempo is a trait of good offenses, but this offense cant do basic things. If the receivers cannot ever beat press coverage, they don't belong in the NFL. Kerley is 4th wideout at best, Schillens should not be on an NFL roster, same with Cumberland. I would sign TO and Ocho at this point, screw it, if this ship is going down, who cares how messy it gets. 2 one year incentive laden contracts, get some NFL quality receivers out there and stop wasting a playoff caliber defense

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    There is not 1 player on offense that opposing defenses have to prepare for.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    Why would you keep Rex? He is all talk and could care less about 2/3ds of the game
    I keep him because with consistent average offense play I think his defensive mind will always keep us a contender. But he has to be the one to change his emphasis. Any average quarterback wins the Super Bowl with the roster the Jets had in 10. Rex has proven he can shut down HOF QB's in big games. I don't think the players have quit on him. I think the players get pissed at the huge difference in the level of play of the offense vs the defense, its what will (has) divided the team, and the only way to fix is to rebuild the offense

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    The fatal flaw of this post is lack of paragraphs.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    The fatal flaw of this post is lack of paragraphs.
    sorry 10 sentences were too many for you to follow

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I wouldn't say the D played outstanding, but they definitely held their own given the circumstances. They got bailed out by overthrows and drops more than a few times. And their pursuit & tackling remain suspect. There really is no aspect of this team that I feel comfortable complimenting, expect for maybe Robert Malone.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jet-sec125 View Post
    There is not 1 player on offense that opposing defenses have to prepare for.
    Exactly! Greene runs into the pile and Sanchez gets rattled on each play. Holmes doesn't care, and Keller is already on the bus. We are terrible!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    sorry 10 sentences were too many for you to follow
    LOL, way to solidify his point...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    The O was $hit and that's a compliment