Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: A new begining: We have been here before.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

A new begining: We have been here before.

While the majority of blind homers can continue to defend Sanchez most Jet fans already see the writing on the wall:

-among the worst qb play in the league
    -terrible run game
    -drops
    -terrible execution
    -fluke injuries
    -poor effort
    -poor coaching.

Our best players are getting hurt on non contact plays, and our team effort was the worst I have seen. While the majority won't admit it we are watching the last few months of the Sanchez/Rex/Tanny Era. maybe it's the football gods, maybe it's just our time. But the football cycle is about to start over.

What are you looking forward to? For me I'm hoping for :
    -a GM that values draft picks.
    -a coach that plays the best player
    -if it's a 3-4 a coach that drafts OLBs
    -a zone blocking scheme
    -a coach that shuts up.
    -not a players coach

One note: We may be set up to have a sweet 4-3 defense next year. Wilkerson, and Ellis at Dt. Coples at de. With a rotation at the other de spot/draft pick. Our LBs are all super slow and need to go. Davis may be a great guy to start at LB in a 4-3 next year.

To those with the auto its only 4 games/Sanchez apologist: It's really going to be a long painful terrible season for you. For everyone else, what changes would u like to see made?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    A GM that puts together a team with depth, not a top heavy only team.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    You are a true fan. I feel the optimism of your hopes and dreams for this team as "Real" Jets football comes back into swing. Just remember how this always works out. We have clueless, non-football ownership. Definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. Every one of us should be tested for insanity.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by KR View Post
    While the majority of blind homers can continue to defend Sanchez most Jet fans already see the writing on the wall:

-among the worst qb play in the league
    -terrible run game
    -drops
    -terrible execution
    -fluke injuries
    -poor effort
    -poor coaching.

Our best players are getting hurt on non contact plays, and our team effort was the worst I have seen. While the majority won't admit it we are watching the last few months of the Sanchez/Rex/Tanny Era. maybe it's the football gods, maybe it's just our time. But the football cycle is about to start over.

What are you looking forward to? For me I'm hoping for :
    -a GM that values draft picks.
    -a coach that plays the best player
    -if it's a 3-4 a coach that drafts OLBs
    -a zone blocking scheme
    -a coach that shuts up.
    -not a players coach

One note: We may be set up to have a sweet 4-3 defense next year. Wilkerson, and Ellis at Dt. Coples at de. With a rotation at the other de spot/draft pick. Our LBs are all super slow and need to go. Davis may be a great guy to start at LB in a 4-3 next year.

To those with the auto its only 4 games/Sanchez apologist: It's really going to be a long painful terrible season for you. For everyone else, what changes would u like to see made?
    Our owner will never go for it. This is a recipe to build championships. Our owner likes Tebow and Favre, trading draft picks, and beating other teams for the back page rather than the scoreboard. I do not think we will ever see a championship until we have an owner that truly wants to win games and not just PSLs

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I still think we may see year 5 of Sanchez/Rex and one more year of Tanny. Their fates are all really tied together and Rex will have the injury/weak roster excuse for this season. Tanny really should go but I think Woody likes his style and will give him another year. Sanchez is signed through next season and I don't see them drafting a QB next offseason.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    2 afc championship games

1 8-8 season

1 2-2 start.

did the team look like absolute trash today? yes

would it be absurd to make a change after four games? yes

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    I still think we may see year 5 of Sanchez/Rex and one more year of Tanny. Their fates are all really tied together and Rex will have the injury/weak roster excuse for this season. Tanny really should go but I think Woody likes his style and will give him another year. Sanchez is signed through next season and I don't see them drafting a QB next offseason.
    Unfortunately this is probably how its going to go down. That 3 year extension Tanny gave Sanchez was the worst decision since drafting Sanchez in the 1st place.

At least another year of having the worst starting QB in the league before this horrible front office will make a change.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BleedGreen314 View Post
    You are a true fan. I feel the optimism of your hopes and dreams for this team as "Real" Jets football comes back into swing. Just remember how this always works out. We have clueless, non-football ownership. Definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. Every one of us should be tested for insanity.
    Well said. If anything gives me a sense of dread, it is the clueless, non-football ownership. Your right to also think that anything would actually change with this team if we brought in new players, coaching, and management. Leon Hess was no different by the way. That's how we wound up in NJ playing at GIANTS stadium. Rich men who have a nice toy to play with and play with our emotions making us think they know what they are doing. It has gotten to the point for me that I hate the Fall because I have to deal with these idiots. The bigger crime is that my family has been a season ticket holder for 47 years and my sons have become fans and are now dealing with this crap as well.

There has to be something better to do in the Fall.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeSauer View Post
    Well said. If anything gives me a sense of dread, it is the clueless, non-football ownership. Your right to also think that anything would actually change with this team if we brought in new players, coaching, and management. Leon Hess was no different by the way. That's how we wound up in NJ playing at GIANTS stadium. Rich men who have a nice toy to play with and play with our emotions making us think they know what they are doing. It has gotten to the point for me that I hate the Fall because I have to deal with these idiots. The bigger crime is that my family has been a season ticket holder for 47 years and my sons have become fans and are now dealing with this crap as well.

There has to be something better to do in the Fall.
    My father and his friends have been season ticket holders for 31 years now and I remember pulling up into the Hess gas stations as a kid and he'd tell us how it was the owner of the Jets who owned that company too. And I thought that was pretty cool. You could go to the gas station and see the green, and then go to Giants stadium and I'd look up and see the Hess sign. And when he died, it was upsetting because he was a decent guy. Maybe he was clueless about putting a winning team out there, but I will give him this: He got us Bill Parcells.

Now, I am like your sons. The only thing is that I stopped drinking two years ago, and I am trying to figure out what else makes this team appealing year after year. Before two years ago, I could always fall back on that.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Chupa View Post
    2 afc championship games

1 8-8 season

1 2-2 start.

did the team look like absolute trash today?

would it be absurd to make a change after four games? yes
    Just O.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    Our owner will never go for it. This is a recipe to build championships. Our owner likes Tebow and Favre, trading draft picks, and beating other teams for the back page rather than the scoreboard. I do not think we will ever see a championship until we have an owner that truly wants to win games and not just PSLs
    I hate to say it, but I miss Mangini.

When you look at our roster the majority of talent came from his drafts. It is clear it was him and not tanny.
    -He drafted well.
    -Good trades (Kris Jenkins)
    -Traded away Vilma, and John Abraham(Nick Mangold trade)
    -Good gameplanning coach.
    -Good free agent signings like Damien Woody.

Obviously he had some issues but looking back on it Sanchez/Rex are given the credit for two AFC championship games with the team Mangini built.

The Longer Rex has had the team the worse the team is getting year by year.

The biggest problem with Rex is his blind loyalty to starting certain players (Sanchez, Greene, Leonard etc) even with poor results. The Jets coaching staff continued to start and not upgrade on a guy like Wayne Hunter yet preached Ground n Pound. It was such BS.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

When you look at our roster the majority of talent came from his drafts. It is clear it was him and not tanny.
    -He drafted well.

Obviously he had some issues but looking back on it Sanchez/Rex are given the credit for two AFC championship games with the team Mangini built.

The biggest problem with Rex is his blind loyalty to starting certain players (Sanchez, Greene, Leonard etc) even with poor results. The Jets coaching staff continued to start and not upgrade on a guy like Wayne Hunter yet preached Ground n Pound. It was such BS.
    Total scapegoat was Mangini. While not perfect, basic things were important like "team play", like keeping your mouth shut and playing hard. Woody forced Favre on Mangini and it was never the same. Woody's corporate JETS are a shell of what makes a winner. Its all about the flash.

WFAN is KILLING Santonio Holmes for "flipping" the ball to the other team on the fumble. Think the JETS will do anything? Mangini would have done something.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't necessarily want to get rid of Rex. He has shown he can be a good coach , he just does not have the horses this year.

I would like to keep Tanny on board in some capacity (he does manage the cap well) but we need a new guy up top.

I wonder if Joey Clinkscales is an option.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

-He drafted well.

Mangini did a lot of things wrong. And his flame out in Cleveland suggests he didn't learn from his mistakes. But he did do a few things right as you suggest. One of those was to put high value on leadership and character among his players. In the draft he put emphasis on guys who had been team captains in college. He brought in solid vets like TRich and Thomas Jones. So it's no wonder he never had the locker room in disarray like Rex had last year.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    The blind loyalty that doesn't work in football or sports just life outside of football

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like