Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The inevitable moment where Rex turns on Sanchez....

The inevitable moment where Rex turns on Sanchez....

This moment is fast approaching.
    Rex wants to remain a HC in this league for many years. I think he's starting to realize Sanchez could be an impediment to this. If nothing changes soon Rex will be labeled as a defensive guru but clueless as to how to build an offense. His honeymoon with Woody Johnson will end and no team will hire him as a head coach.
    He has to stick with Sanchez for at least another few weeks because of the money and time invested in this guy, but soon he's going to have to think about replacing him if he wants to remain a head coach in this league. Sanchez has shown zero development, and he does not seem to have the respect of the rest of the locker room.

When that moment comes, let's just hope he chooses someone other than Tebow.

Jets Insider VIP
    You're Crazey.

its time for a qb change. sanchez is not the answer. neither were foley,nagle,bollinger. time to move on from sanchez trade him to the raiders or the browns.

Jets Insider VIP
    palmer=leinart=sanchez

Palmer could at least fling it downfield in his prime.
    Leinhart and Sanchez are just plain horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by JetsCrazey View Post
    Rex wants to remain a HC in this league for many years.
    To me it looks like Rex simply does not want to remain a head coach.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsCrazey View Post
    If nothing changes soon Rex will be labeled as a defensive guru but clueless as to how to build an offense.
    This is exactly what he is. The sooner Rex comes to terms with his shortcomings the better off this team will be. He shows no interest in building a decent offense, only the so called "best defense in the league" that cannot tackle, quits on plays, and comes out looking flat and uninspired every game.

Rex still has Shonn Greene starting for us. If that doesn't tell you how this is going to play out nothing will.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    Rex still has Shonn Greene starting for us. If that doesn't tell you how this is going to play out nothing will.
    why wont they turn the running game over to powell or mcknight?

Because neither is a world beater. Trust me on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyJet View Post
    palmer>sanchez>leinart

fixed. and still, that aint sayin much.

i both agree and disagree with the OP - Rex may well have to tap out on Sanchez during the year this year, but ultimately, at the end of the year, there's going to be questions about the totality of his choices and admin and also his defense.... There will be a reckoning about Rex. The question about him then is do they trust him. trust him to maintain his program, and/or steward any rebuild/makeover.

Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    its time for a qb change. sanchez is not the answer. neither were foley,nagle,bollinger. time to move on from sanchez trade him to the raiders or the browns.
    brooks bollinger was a playmaker.

half serious.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanchez 3:16 View Post
    brooks bollinger was a playmaker.

half serious.
    Brooks Bollinger was a saint. Bollinger left the league with higher career completion percentage/passer rating than Mark Sanchez.

Most importantly the kid had moxie! He had more moxie in his toe nails than moxie-less, mopey Mark Sanchez has in his whole body.

Them's the facts!

Veteran
    Sanchez and a 3rd for Colin Kapernick.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Blitz View Post
    Sanchez and a 3rd for Colin Kapernick.
    Niners would never do it. And how good did he look against us? Rex is right to like this guy - an amazing athlete with a terrific arm. Better wildcat option than Tebow, better QB prospect than Sanchez.

Rex, the self-pronounced defensive guru, has our defense looking like absolute ****. Our fundamentals look horrible - we can't tackle consistently. Worst 3rd down percentage in the league. Every team has a career day running against us. And that's after 3 years of adding #1 picks to the D.

I can't see where Rex's reputation is going to continue as a defensive mastermind after he leaves the Jets.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by lageman4ever View Post
    Rex, the self-pronounced defensive guru, has our defense looking like absolute ****. Our fundamentals look horrible - we can't tackle consistently. Worst 3rd down percentage in the league. Every team has a career day running against us. And that's after 3 years of adding #1 picks to the D.

I can't see where Rex's reputation is going to continue as a defensive mastermind after he leaves the Jets.
    Precisely REX SHOULD TURN ON REX!!!

He is has the team now looking worse than at any time during the Edwards or Mangini era!!! Just WOW!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by lageman4ever View Post

One year of a bad defense does not kill his reputation. I'm sorry. The Jets have had a top 5 defense for 3 straight years. The Jets have been to two AFC championship games. There are retreads who have done FAR less than Rex Ryan. The idea that he won't get another job is borderline laughable at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    why wont they turn the running game over to powell or mcknight?
    rex won't admit he's wrong. i don't think it goes much beyond this.

Hall Of Fame
    Rex will turn on an offensive player much faster than he would a defensive player. Its pretty obvious that Rex has no clue as to how to build and develop an offense.