Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The inevitable moment where Rex turns on Sanchez....

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Rex will turn on an offensive player much faster than he would a defensive player. Its pretty obvious that Rex has no clue as to how to build and develop an offense.
    i don't get why he wouldn't play demario davis more yesterday. just like when they were blowing out buffalo he kept greene in. that's when you play the subs. he's a very stubborn guy and it's hurting player development.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    i don't get why he wouldn't play demario davis more yesterday. just like when they were blowing out buffalo he kept greene in. that's when you play the subs. he's a very stubborn guy and it's hurting player development.
    I agree. Rex has a poor track record of developing young talent during his tenure with the Jets.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsCrazey View Post
    This moment is fast approaching.
    Rex wants to remain a HC in this league for many years. I think he's starting to realize Sanchez could be an impediment to this. If nothing changes soon Rex will be labeled as a defensive guru but clueless as to how to build an offense. His honeymoon with Woody Johnson will end and no team will hire him as a head coach.
    He has to stick with Sanchez for at least another few weeks because of the money and time invested in this guy, but soon he's going to have to think about replacing him if he wants to remain a head coach in this league. Sanchez has shown zero development, and he does not seem to have the respect of the rest of the locker room.

When that moment comes, let's just hope he chooses someone other than Tebow.
    Rex is in WAY over his head coaching

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree. Rex has a poor track record of developing young talent during his tenure with the Jets.
    that's why i can't blame tanny for all the draft misses. why not play mcknight and demario davis. why cut jordan white? these guys could be better than the guys in there.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    ppl were complaining about the Jets not supporting Sanchez with go to players. That's not exactly accurate. We just suck at talent evaluation football smarts. The only first round pick who's not an official bust (yet) is Sanchez

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Batmans A Scientist View Post
    One year of a bad defense does not kill his reputation. I'm sorry. The Jets have had a top 5 defense for 3 straight years. The Jets have been to two AFC championship games. There are retreads who have done FAR less than Rex Ryan. The idea that he won't get another job is borderline laughable at this point.
    I didn't say he'd be unemployed. I said he'd lose some of his luster.

If he really were a defensive genius he should be able to scheme and motivate his way to an effective unit with his current guys. There is some talent there (though less so with Revis down). Definitely enough to have at least an average D. But we are playing like absolute dog **** right now.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ColonelForbin View Post
    ppl were complaining about the Jets not supporting Sanchez with go to players. That's not exactly accurate. We just suck at talent evaluation football smarts. The only first round pick who's not an official bust (yet) is Sanchez
    what about revis, wilkerson and coples?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    I came out of yesterday's game absolutely disgusted with Sanchez. Unlike Miami where he was truly running for his life and had absolutely no help from his receivers, he had a small amount of time, he had some windows and there were definitely plays to be made. Going into the last drive of the first half, the game was solidly in reach and he HAD to turn that drive into points. He didn't. He was just awful.

After settling down some, I'm willing to give him through the Colts game in order to show me something. Next week will probably be a mediocre or worse performance. At this point in the season, the Jets simply don't have the talent or the wherewithal to compete with a team like the Texans. But, if he can rebound against the Colts, bring this team up to 3-3, I'll be willing to see where it goes. Its not like there is any real alternative.

More than likely, the Jets will be shopping for a long term QB after this season. Might as well let Sanchez play it out and make the decision for the team in no uncertain terms. Turning over the reigns to Tebow doesn't do anything for the Jets. No matter what he does, he isn't playing himself into the long term QB of the team.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    I came out of yesterday's game absolutely disgusted with Sanchez. Unlike Miami where he was truly running for his life and had absolutely no help from his receivers, he had a small amount of time, he had some windows and there were definitely plays to be made. Going into the last drive of the first half, the game was solidly in reach and he HAD to turn that drive into points. He didn't. He was just awful.

After settling down some, I'm willing to give him through the Colts game in order to show me something. Next week will probably be a mediocre or worse performance. At this point in the season, the Jets simply don't have the talent or the wherewithal to compete with a team like the Texans. But, if he can rebound against the Colts, bring this team up to 3-3, I'll be willing to see where it goes. Its not like there is any real alternative.

More than likely, the Jets will be shopping for a long term QB after this season. Might as well let Sanchez play it out and make the decision for the team in no uncertain terms. Turning over the reigns to Tebow doesn't do anything for the Jets. No matter what he does, he isn't playing himself into the long term QB of the team.

I've been a Sanchez supporter for a long time. I gave up yesterday. He looked like he wanted to be anywhere but on that field.

This team lacks leadership, something the QB usually provides. Mark simply doesn't have it in him.

At this point we have no receivers, so any passer is going to struggle. I hate to say it, but I'd be fine with going with the offense that Denver ran with Tebow last year and see what happens.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ColonelForbin View Post
    Rex is in WAY over his head coaching
    The shocking part is that Rex has been around the NFL, and HCs, his entire life. Yet, he came here and has performed like a dunce/neophyte.

IMO, once he's fired after this season, Rex will never see a head coaching gig again.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    The shocking part is that Rex has been around the NFL, and HCs, his entire life. Yet, he came here and has performed like a dunce/neophyte.

IMO, once he's fired after this season, Rex will never see a head coaching gig again.
    He's a carbon copy of his father. Excellent defensive coach, but a subpar head coach.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Braumeister View Post
    He's a carbon copy of his father. Excellent defensive coach, but a subpar head coach.
    Dead on. With the inevitable crash and burn.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post

Bellichick will hire him as his defensive coordinator.....

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bellichick will hire him as his defensive coordinator.....
    LOL. I will kick a dog if I ever see that.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rex is the problem, his team is not prepared to play
    His team does not have a clue as to what to do, or how to do it
    His exotic defense is antiquated, vanella and in effective
    He can't even pronounce the word Offense, let alone understand it
    His ability as a head coach is not going to get the job done

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've been a Sanchez supporter for a long time. I gave up yesterday. He looked like he wanted to be anywhere but on that field.

This team lacks leadership, something the QB usually provides. Mark simply doesn't have it in him.

At this point we have no receivers, so any passer is going to struggle. I hate to say it, but I'd be fine with going with the offense that Denver ran with Tebow last year and see what happens.
    That's what bothered me the most.

I had no confidence in this team even getting a first down, let alone score points. Sanchez seemed like he wanted nothing to do with the game.

Drop back, throw it away and get out of there without getting hurt. That's what I saw from him.

That is NOT an NFL QB.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post
    That's what bothered me the most.

I had no confidence in this team even getting a first down, let alone score points. Sanchez seemed like he wanted nothing to do with the game.

Drop back, throw it away and get out of there without getting hurt. That's what I saw from him.

That is NOT an NFL QB.
    It's killing me that I want Tebow to start. Sanchez and Tebow both can't throw, but at least Tebow can run. He gives us the best chance right now.

It's sad, I know. But it's the reality we face right now.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'd rather play the year out with Sanchez for better or worse. Limping to a 6-10 finish would be terrible if we were looking for a new signal caller. And Tebow is not the long term answer.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich Caster View Post
    Rex is the problem, his team is not prepared to play
    His team does not have a clue as to what to do, or how to do it
    His exotic defense is antiquated, vanella and in effective
    He can't even pronounce the word Offense, let alone understand it
    His ability as a head coach is not going to get the job done
    I agree that Rex is a problem and I expect he will be gone soon enough. However, the FO is an even greater problem. They cannot draft and make poor contractual decisions. Just take a look at the contracts given to Holmes, Pace, Harris, Scott, etc.

We need a football GM in the house to create a quality organization. Tanny is a smart guy who lawyered his way up the ladder but he's nothing but a cap and contract guy period.

Let's stop the madness Woody and start over with a Jerry Reese or Ozzie Newsome type of football executive. The fans will stay if you admit the mistake and start over.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    He should turn on sanchez. The QB should be benched, just like any other player that stinks for a number of games. The old 'you can;'t bench him because it will wreck him' is such a load of garbage. If a Qb is not mentally tough enough to take a benching, get made bout it and work to get his started spot back I don't want him on the team.

Unfortunately the team would have to totally change their offense if they do that and become Denver of last year.