Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 73

Thread: The inevitable moment where Rex turns on Sanchez....

  1. #41
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,529
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    He should turn on sanchez. The QB should be benched, just like any other player that stinks for a number of games. The old 'you can;'t bench him because it will wreck him' is such a load of garbage. If a Qb is not mentally tough enough to take a benching, get made bout it and work to get his started spot back I don't want him on the team.

    Unfortunately the team would have to totally change their offense if they do that and become Denver of last year.
    You know what's sad? Sanchez has a fraction of the talent and grit of Chad in his "prime". Yeah, it's a stunning statement, but true.

  2. #42
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    3,481
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    You know what's sad? Sanchez has a fraction of the talent and grit of Chad in his "prime". Yeah, it's a stunning statement, but true.
    Can we give Chad Sanchez's ability to not get injured? Then we might have something.

  3. #43
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,529
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMo View Post
    Can we give Chad Sanchez's ability to not get injured? Then we might have something.
    I will give Mark that. Remember that scene against the Giants with Chad running off the field holding his broken Hand? What a mush.

  4. #44
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    800
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetlifer View Post
    I agree that Rex is a problem and I expect he will be gone soon enough. However, the FO is an even greater problem. They cannot draft and make poor contractual decisions. Just take a look at the contracts given to Holmes, Pace, Harris, Scott, etc.

    We need a football GM in the house to create a quality organization. Tanny is a smart guy who lawyered his way up the ladder but he's nothing but a cap and contract guy period.

    Let's stop the madness Woody and start over with a Jerry Reese or Ozzie Newsome type of football executive. The fans will stay if you admit the mistake and start over.
    +1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 0000000000000

  5. #45
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    16,479
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Blitz View Post
    Sanchez and a 3rd for Colin Kapernick.
    Why?

  6. #46
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,529
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Why?
    +1 What, we want another gimmick QB? F**k that noise.

  7. #47
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    19,028
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMo View Post
    I'd rather play the year out with Sanchez for better or worse. Limping to a 6-10 finish would be terrible if we were looking for a new signal caller. And Tebow is not the long term answer.
    +1. Sanchez is signed for one more year. Lets take the rest of this year to see if he is more like the Buffalo game or more like the 49ers. I'm leaning towards the latter but lets take one more shot. Its pointless to put in Tebow - he doesn't do anything for us in the long term.

    The only real mistake this team made this offseason, IMO, was letting go of Drew Stanton. If we had Stanton, at least we'd be able to have a fruitful exercise in playing a backup to see what we had. Who knows? Maybe Stanton would show something and he would get some consideration going forward. There is no way that Tebow is the long term solution for this franchise so what's the point in having him play full time?

  8. #48
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Forked River, NJ
    Posts
    4,696
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    I came out of yesterday's game absolutely disgusted with Sanchez. Unlike Miami where he was truly running for his life and had absolutely no help from his receivers, he had a small amount of time, he had some windows and there were definitely plays to be made. Going into the last drive of the first half, the game was solidly in reach and he HAD to turn that drive into points. He didn't. He was just awful.

    After settling down some, I'm willing to give him through the Colts game in order to show me something. Next week will probably be a mediocre or worse performance. At this point in the season, the Jets simply don't have the talent or the wherewithal to compete with a team like the Texans. But, if he can rebound against the Colts, bring this team up to 3-3, I'll be willing to see where it goes. Its not like there is any real alternative.

    More than likely, the Jets will be shopping for a long term QB after this season. Might as well let Sanchez play it out and make the decision for the team in no uncertain terms. Turning over the reigns to Tebow doesn't do anything for the Jets. No matter what he does, he isn't playing himself into the long term QB of the team.
    You are right. It's simple:

    1) Our team is (almost) devoid of talent.
    2) At this point, there are no players available who can bail us out.

    There is no solution to the problem this season.

  9. #49
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    9,760
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Blast View Post
    You are right. It's simple:

    1) Our team is (almost) devoid of talent.
    2) At this point, there are no players available who can bail us out.

    There is no solution to the problem this season.
    which is why tannenbaum won't be drafting next year. but that's just the start. any gm who comes on board won't want rex or sanchez.

  10. #50
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    10,661
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    which is why tannenbaum won't be drafting next year. but that's just the start. any gm who comes on board won't want rex or sanchez.
    Any GM who we want to come on-board won't want Woody either, let's not forget that little tidbit.

    I mean who the hell would want to work for an owner whose sole goal is to MAKE MONEY, not Win Football games?

  11. #51
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    8,532
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    I came out of yesterday's game absolutely disgusted with Sanchez. Unlike Miami where he was truly running for his life and had absolutely no help from his receivers, he had a small amount of time, he had some windows and there were definitely plays to be made. Going into the last drive of the first half, the game was solidly in reach and he HAD to turn that drive into points. He didn't. He was just awful.

    After settling down some, I'm willing to give him through the Colts game in order to show me something. Next week will probably be a mediocre or worse performance. At this point in the season, the Jets simply don't have the talent or the wherewithal to compete with a team like the Texans. But, if he can rebound against the Colts, bring this team up to 3-3, I'll be willing to see where it goes. Its not like there is any real alternative.

    More than likely, the Jets will be shopping for a long term QB after this season. Might as well let Sanchez play it out and make the decision for the team in no uncertain terms. Turning over the reigns to Tebow doesn't do anything for the Jets. No matter what he does, he isn't playing himself into the long term QB of the team.
    Good post. Problem with shopping for long-term QB this offseason is Sanchez is signed through the end of next year and I don't think we could afford the cap hit by cutting him. He'll be on the roster next season and at his salary, probably the favorite to start again no matter how bad he plays this year. Like you, I agree that playing Tebow is borderline pointless. He's shown nothing to warrant getting the opportunity and is severely limited as a passer. Tebow is actually a blessing and a curse for Sanchez right now. He gets a lot of attention but is not really looked at by Rex and co. as a legit starting option. If we had Jason Campbell or Kyle Orton as backup, for instance, they'd be on the verge of benching Sanchez right now.

  12. #52
    All Pro
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Huntersville, NC
    Posts
    6,230
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsCrazey View Post
    This moment is fast approaching.
    Rex wants to remain a HC in this league for many years. I think he's starting to realize Sanchez could be an impediment to this. If nothing changes soon Rex will be labeled as a defensive guru but clueless as to how to build an offense. His honeymoon with Woody Johnson will end and no team will hire him as a head coach.
    He has to stick with Sanchez for at least another few weeks because of the money and time invested in this guy, but soon he's going to have to think about replacing him if he wants to remain a head coach in this league. Sanchez has shown zero development, and he does not seem to have the respect of the rest of the locker room.

    When that moment comes, let's just hope he chooses someone other than Tebow.
    It came close yesterday. He was not very convinving saying Sanchez was his guy. I think the thought is in his mind and you are right, it cannot be Tebow.

  13. #53
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    6,084
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ColonelForbin View Post
    ppl were complaining about the Jets not supporting Sanchez with go to players. That's not exactly accurate. We just suck at talent evaluation football smarts. The only first round pick who's not an official bust (yet) is Sanchez
    he's about a game or two away.

  14. #54
    All League
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Fishers, Indiana
    Posts
    3,951
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsCrazey View Post
    This moment is fast approaching.
    Rex wants to remain a HC in this league for many years. I think he's starting to realize Sanchez could be an impediment to this. If nothing changes soon Rex will be labeled as a defensive guru but clueless as to how to build an offense. His honeymoon with Woody Johnson will end and no team will hire him as a head coach.
    He has to stick with Sanchez for at least another few weeks because of the money and time invested in this guy, but soon he's going to have to think about replacing him if he wants to remain a head coach in this league. Sanchez has shown zero development, and he does not seem to have the respect of the rest of the locker room.

    When that moment comes, let's just hope he chooses someone other than Tebow.

    Who's he going to turn to? Tebow? I just don't see it. I just can't see Rex giving Tebow the starting job over Mark. In the end, he'll look worse for it then if he sticks with Mark.

    If anything, Mark can be his scapegoat. When it's all said and done, it will be about the players he was given and Sanchez's lack of talent, rather than Rex's ability to coach or develop that talent.

  15. #55
    All Pro
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Huntersville, NC
    Posts
    6,230
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    +1. Sanchez is signed for one more year. Lets take the rest of this year to see if he is more like the Buffalo game or more like the 49ers. I'm leaning towards the latter but lets take one more shot. Its pointless to put in Tebow - he doesn't do anything for us in the long term.

    The only real mistake this team made this offseason, IMO, was letting go of Drew Stanton. If we had Stanton, at least we'd be able to have a fruitful exercise in playing a backup to see what we had. Who knows? Maybe Stanton would show something and he would get some consideration going forward. There is no way that Tebow is the long term solution for this franchise so what's the point in having him play full time?
    MC ELROY

  16. #56
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    9,760
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetinHuntersville View Post
    It came close yesterday. He was not very convinving saying Sanchez was his guy. I think the thought is in his mind and you are right, it cannot be Tebow.
    true and it also seems to support their contention that tebow was not brought here to compete for the qb job b/c they knew he couldn't throw.

    rex's biggest problem is that sanchez can't even become a trent dilfer. he can't manage a game b/c he's not an accurate qb. but he also has no feel for the game, the defense, the pass rush and his anticipation is also lacking. there's not one aspect of the qb position that he is above average in. so it's not possible for the jets to be very good even if they had a great defense.

    sanchez has had enough chances.

  17. #57
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    3,481
    Post Thanks / Like
    "they'd be foolish to give up on Ryan but i doubt Tannenbaum remains...."

    Tony Pauline's take on it. I agree.

  18. #58
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    9,760
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMo View Post
    "they'd be foolish to give up on Ryan but i doubt Tannenbaum remains...."

    Tony Pauline's take on it. I agree.
    i think tanny goes first. sanchez is guaranteed money next season and tanny's been there the longest of the 3. first they blamed mangini, then schotty. tanny is the first to go and gets canned shortly after the season and they begin a search for a new gm.

    sanchez will remain on the team 1 more year but his starting job will not be guaranteed in the offseason. rumors will fly about various veteran qbs coming. ultimately i think the jets will do what it takes to get a highly touted qb in the draft and there will be a competition like the one that sanchez 'won' when he 'beat out' clemens. sanchez will be hansomly paid to ride pine, and could even be cut in the tail end of next season.

    rex gets another shot unless he loses the lockerroom again.

  19. #59
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    13,518
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMo View Post
    "they'd be foolish to give up on Ryan but i doubt Tannenbaum remains...."

    Tony Pauline's take on it. I agree.
    A new GM is going to want to pick his own coach. I think if you fire Tanny you're firing Rex as well.

  20. #60
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    10,661
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by IndianaJet View Post
    Who's he going to turn to? Tebow? I just don't see it.
    What about Greg McElroy? He's a QB(a real one) on the Jets. It's like he's the forgotten man here.

    If Mark craps the bed, I'd rather see McElrat get a shot to see what we have.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us